Jump to content

2021-2022 Around the League thread


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Crisis said:

They're in desperate need of centers. Maybe we send them Zacha for Provorov and watch the draft revisionists lose their fvcking minds.

The thought of facing Zacha would be hilarious.  We'd get to see him booed twice a year while laughing at the same time.

Edited by slasher72
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slasher72 said:

The thought of facing Zacha would be hilarious.  We'd get to see him booed twice a year while laughing at the same time.

While he gets a hat trick, of course. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

I'd say we're safe there.

https___i.giphy.com_media_2hhMhAtUJyEhZY7gzg_giphy.gif.20e96085a5fa40e18e304105b1c2e447.gif

He has excellent vision here to see the trailer and slide it right in, but damn, he just goes right to sleep after the pass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

did you want cassidy or torts? the rumors are that the team absolutely fvcking loathed cassidy by the end, and a move was needed. 

i don’t want ruff either, but these aren’t really the names i wanted. 

I would be more interested in Cassidy than Torts, but I’m more upset by the fact that we didn’t interview any of them, meaning we have resigned ourselves to more Ruff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, slasher72 said:

The thought of facing Zacha would be hilarious.  We'd get to see him booed twice a year while laughing at the same time.

You just know he'd save his one amazing goal of the season for a winner against us. Then there'd be months of "We should've kept him" threads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I would be more interested in Cassidy than Torts, but I’m more upset by the fact that we didn’t interview any of them, meaning we have resigned ourselves to more Ruff. 

This was determined over a month ago. I’m annoyed too, but we can quit beating the horse. It’s dead. We don’t need to re-hash it every time there’s a coach hiring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I would be more interested in Cassidy than Torts, but I’m more upset by the fact that we didn’t interview any of them, meaning we have resigned ourselves to more Ruff. 

We are sticking with Ruff and Fitz has already said he is picking the new assistants, so be prepared for Recchi/Nas 2.0.  Team is doing everything in its power to not be relevant again next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

We are sticking with Ruff and Fitz has already said he is picking the new assistants, so be prepared for Recchi/Nas 2.0.  Team is doing everything in its power to not be relevant again next season.

Maybe Harris & Blitzer get some type of corporate tax write-off if the team loses money? Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This was determined over a month ago. I’m annoyed too, but we can quit beating the horse. It’s dead. We don’t need to re-hash it every time there’s a coach hiring. 

I wasn’t intending to rehash anything. I’ve just grown increasingly tired of the Shero-Fitz steady-as-she-goes-over-the-cliff approach. Everything is a wait and see, there’s no accountability, and there’s clearly a fear of making any changes. I believe in having a plan and sticking to it, but sometimes you need to deviate from the plan and adapt. 

I’d like more than anything for Fitz to have an aggressive offseason and prove me wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This was determined over a month ago. I’m annoyed too, but we can quit beating the horse. It’s dead. We don’t need to re-hash it every time there’s a coach hiring. 

I'm reserved to the fact that Ruff is here to stay. He develops young players and that's what gives him staying power with Fitz and ownership, at least for another 5-6 years. I expect this team to be in the toilet for a very long time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

I'm reserved to the fact that Ruff is here to stay. He develops young players and that's what gives him staying power with Fitz and ownership, at least for another 5-6 years. I expect this team to be in the toilet for a very long time. 

Some of you guys really need to back away from the ledge on some of these takes. You’d think there was no talent on this roster whatsoever or nothing at all to build around. The ‘sky is falling through the ground’ takes get old after a while. You’d think we’re the fvcking Coyotes with the way some of you go on. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I wasn’t intending to rehash anything. I’ve just grown increasingly tired of the Shero-Fitz steady-as-she-goes-over-the-cliff approach. Everything is a wait and see, there’s no accountability, and there’s clearly a fear of making any changes. I believe in having a plan and sticking to it, but sometimes you need to deviate from the plan and adapt. 

I’d like more than anything for Fitz to have an aggressive offseason and prove me wrong. 

My hope is Fitz is just incompetent.  My fear is that his hands are tied by those above him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Some of you guys really need to back away from the ledge on some of these takes. You’d think there was no talent on this roster whatsoever or nothing at all to build around. The ‘sky is falling through the ground’ takes get old after a while. You’d think we’re the fvcking Coyotes with the way some of you go on. 

Well we only earned 5 more points than Arizona this past season, so we are certainly closer to them than the lowest seed of the 16 playoff teams (Nashville who had 34 more points than the Devils).

I don't think we are in the same death spiral that Arizona seems to have who is a complete mess from top to bottom.  However, it looks like Devils management is fine spinning their tires at where they are at.  Keeping Ruff, Fitz again selecting his assistants, etc. are just more of the same.  Things probably could change in a hurry if they have a great offseason, but then again how many times have the Devils "won" the offseason in the past 5-6 years only to fall flat on their faces during the season?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I wasn’t intending to rehash anything. I’ve just grown increasingly tired of the Shero-Fitz steady-as-she-goes-over-the-cliff approach. Everything is a wait and see, there’s no accountability, and there’s clearly a fear of making any changes. I believe in having a plan and sticking to it, but sometimes you need to deviate from the plan and adapt. 

I’d like more than anything for Fitz to have an aggressive offseason and prove me wrong. 

You do understand that this is just your own perception and not reality right? Cause you don't have to dig too deep to realize almost everything you said is false lol

Not sure how someone can say there's no accountability when one of the GM you mentioned literally got fired lol

And i really don't need to point out when they deviated from the plan. I mean come on

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

You’d think we’re the fvcking Coyotes with the way some of you go on. 

When we play in front of a 5,000 person crowd, at least we do it in a big arena!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I don't think we are in the same death spiral that Arizona seems to have who is a complete mess from top to bottom.  However, it looks like Devils management is fine spinning their tires at where they are at.  Keeping Ruff, Fitz again selecting his assistants, etc. are just more of the same.  Things probably could change in a hurry if they have a great offseason, but then again how many times have the Devils "won" the offseason in the past 5-6 years only to fall flat on their faces during the season?

Make no mistake- I am not happy about Ruff being retained. I wanted a clean sweep. But we’re stuck with him. So complaining about it at this point, for me, does nothing. I’m reserving complete final judgement on Fitz until I see what he does this summer. This is gonna be his make or break offseason, and what he does (or doesn’t do) is going to set the course of the franchise for the next several years. He better be aggressive and unrelenting. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

You do understand that this is just your own perception and not reality right? Cause you don't have to dig too deep to realize almost everything you said is false lol

Not sure how someone can say there's no accountability when one of the GM you mentioned literally got fired lol

And i really don't need to point out when they deviated from the plan. I mean come on

There is no accountability FROM the GMs. He didn’t fire himself. When was he fired? When he refused to fire his incompetent coaching staff for so long that ownership had to step in. I don’t want this franchise to waste another season or two hemming and hawing. 

Fitz picking the coaching staff for Ruff again shows that he’s learned nothing. He stuck with Nas far too long, and then stuck with Recchi when it was clear to the world that he couldn’t design a powerplay for a peewee team. If he’s going to fire the assistant coaches but wants Ruff, then give Ruff a real shot and let him choose his own staff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

There is no accountability FROM the GMs. He didn’t fire himself. When was he fired? When he refused to fire his incompetent coaching staff for so long that ownership had to step in. I don’t want this franchise to waste another season or two hemming and hawing. 

Fitz picking the coaching staff for Ruff again shows that he’s learned nothing. He stuck with Nas far too long, and then stuck with Recchi when it was clear to the world that he couldn’t design a powerplay for a peewee team. If he’s going to fire the assistant coaches but wants Ruff, then give Ruff a real shot and let him choose his own staff. 

Depends, of course, on who we get. If we get two great coaches and the powerplay and PK are amazing, and the defense looks like it has played hockey before, that’ll be fine. 

Problem is, nobody should have any faith in his ability to do that at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

There is no accountability FROM the GMs. He didn’t fire himself. When was he fired? When he refused to fire his incompetent coaching staff for so long that ownership had to step in. I don’t want this franchise to waste another season or two hemming and hawing. 

Fitz picking the coaching staff for Ruff again shows that he’s learned nothing. He stuck with Nas far too long, and then stuck with Recchi when it was clear to the world that he couldn’t design a powerplay for a peewee team. If he’s going to fire the assistant coaches but wants Ruff, then give Ruff a real shot and let him choose his own staff. 

Didn't we let go of Recchi and Nas? That's accountability.

Was it too late? yah. We all WANTED it to happen sooner but it wouldn't have changed anything overall anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Didn't we let go of Recchi and Nas? That's accountability.

Was it too late? yah. We all WANTED it to happen sooner but it wouldn't have changed anything overall anyway.

This is literally my point. He waited far too long. Nas was here for like 7 years and the defense has been disorganized to say the least.  Recchi was trotting out a terrible paint-by-numbers powerplay all season. Nothing was changed. That’s either on Fitz or Ruff. When you get 25-30 games into a season that isn’t going how you planned, something needs to change. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Depends, of course, on who we get. If we get two great coaches and the powerplay and PK are amazing, and the defense looks like it has played hockey before, that’ll be fine. 

Problem is, nobody should have any faith in his ability to do that at this point.

That’s what I’m saying. I don’t trust Fitz to do that. I’m a firm believer on letting your head coach choose his own coaching staff. If you don’t trust him to do that, why is he there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That’s what I’m saying. I don’t trust Fitz to do that. I’m a firm believer on letting your head coach choose his own coaching staff. If you don’t trust him to do that, why is he there?

I don’t know who either of them would pick. How do we know Ruff is any good at picking them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.