GDT: 10/1/2021 Blowshirts @ Devils: The Second Preseason Game of the Magical 2021-2022 Season

Colorado Rockies 1976

Going with "Magical" a second time, since it worked for the previous GDT.

Wouldn't ordinarily mess with GDT karma, but it's preseason and I'm anxious.  And preseason is a time to make mistakes anyway.  

Hamilton, Graves and Tatar in tonight...also Holtz and Mercer getting a second look.

With Holtz's two laser beams, you wonder why goals seemed so hard to come by for him elsewhere.  Guess we'll find out if he's one of those guys whose shot look devastatingly good when he's finding the net, but can also miss a lot.  Hopefully that shot is often looking as electric as it did against the Caps.

One game of course, for EVERYONE, but Mercer seems to have something.  Look forward to seeing more and more what he can bring!

L

G

M

F

D!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

With Holtz's two laser beams, you wonder why goals seemed so hard to come by for him elsewhere.  Guess we'll find out if he's one of those guys whose shot look devastatingly good when he's finding the net, but can also miss a lot.  Hopefully that shot is often looking as electric as it did against the Caps.

Total armchair QB theory, but I wonder if he’s one of those guys who needs time and space to get the shot off. He had that on both goals. It’s a hell of a shot but it might just take time for him to learn to get it off quicker. Zacha had a similar issue, along with a lack of confidence in his shot that Holtz doesn’t seem to suffer from 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Total armchair QB theory, but I wonder if he’s one of those guys who needs time and space to get the shot off. He had that on both goals. It’s a hell of a shot but it might just take time for him to learn to get it off quicker. Zacha had a similar issue, along with a lack of confidence in his shot that Holtz doesn’t seem to suffer from 

Yeah fair point, re:  the time and space...we'll find out.  I'm kinda thinking one of either Holtz or Mercer gets a shot with the big club to start...seems like a lot would have to break right for both of them to make the immediate jump.  

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah fair point, re:  the time and space...we'll find out.  I'm kinda thinking one of either Holtz or Mercer gets a shot with the big club to start...seems like a lot would have to break right for both of them to make the immediate jump.  

I def agree space has to be a factor. If you watch some of his goals from the SHL he motors over the blue line, backs off the D and has a ton of room to just move into the high slot and rip it. He's definitely learning how to navigate traffic on the smaller ice. 

5 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Can't wait to watch this one. I'm hoping Mercer and Holtz can keep up their strong starts, and I'm looking forward to seeing Okhotiuk, Vukojevic, Tatar, Graves, Oh, and that Dougie guy.

LGD!

Here’s hoping I can post this 10,000 times this season and you will al lol be sick of it by game 5. 

98EA30AC-DDB1-4A94-8DFE-3A209F38007E.gif

• Like 2

Both my (for now) wife and daughter's reaction to when I told them about Dougie Hamilton:

He's an adult and people call him DOUGIE?!  

• Haha 4