Prospects Thread- 2021-21

Chimaira_Devil_#9

4 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Dani Misyul with his first goal in an absolute age for Lokomotive. 

3rd goal in 2 games for Grittsy. 

Not sure about the “Grittsy” thing, too close to the Flyers’ Mascot. 

EAC3B2D3-4B18-4130-BD21-E3199794192D.jpeg

That MAY not be a picture of the mascot, can’t tell…

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Not sure about the “Grittsy” thing, too close to the Flyers’ Mascot. 

EAC3B2D3-4B18-4130-BD21-E3199794192D.jpeg

That MAY not be a picture of the mascot, can’t tell…

It's annoying as Gritty is the perfect nickname. But as you say the orange meth head has taken it. 

Shortening his first name gets you Arsey. So no go there. 

Gritter (does that work? , I am just going to keep trying things until something sticks, anyway.) Taking a leaf out of Jack's book here with the takeaway in the offensive zone. 

If you watch the whole play he actually took the puck from his own end and made a nice play to make the zone. 

He is the Gem of our Russian prospects. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

It's not all fancy skating and points. Here is Luke absolutely murdering Brian Rolston's son Ryder. 

And there’s the difference between 6’2 Luke and his much smaller older brothers…

love it. 

On 11/20/2021 at 8:25 PM, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

It's not all fancy skating and points. Here is Luke absolutely murdering Brian Rolston's son Ryder. 

When this video clip started with the goalie handling the puck, I thought it was going to end way differently.

From Russia with points.

Yegor Zaitsev scored and had an assist in Dynamo Moscows 7-6 overtime win.

Goal:

Assist

Gritsyuk didn't manage a point in regulation but did score in the shootout:

Got the goalie to bit hard on that one. 

Stillman with his first of the night. He has gone a few games without a point so good to see him back amongst the points. 

He absolutely bodies someone out in front to get the puck in the net. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 1

First of all, big shoutout to @Chimaira_Devil_#9and @Guadanafor these amazing prospect updates. We haven't had this kind of prospects coverage on this board since thefiestygoat was around, so it is much appreciated!

Now as far as actual prospect discussion:

Really interested to see how the rest of Chase Stillman's season goes. As a former first round pick in his D+1 season, we really should be hoping for well over a point/game at this level. I think his skill set is pretty good. Hard worker, good shot, decent playmaking, etc. I think his hockey IQ has lots of room for improvement, and it appears that his discipline and his two way game can use a lot of work. At the time Chase was picked, I thought Raty at that position was the easiest pick to make in the entire draft (even easier than Power at 1). Still can't believe so many teams passed on him. Point/game player in Liiga since he was traded. In any case, I remain hopeful that Chase's game will continue to develop. Admittedly, we should probably cut him some slack for recently coming off an injury.

If Gritsyuk ends up making the NHL, Guadana will have bragging rights for being the first person in the entire Devils fanbase to be hyped about him. Gritsyuk is looking like a good one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, nessus said:

First of all, big shoutout to @Chimaira_Devil_#9and @Guadanafor these amazing prospect updates. We haven't had this kind of prospects coverage on this board since thefiestygoat was around, so it is much appreciated!

Now as far as actual prospect discussion:

Really interested to see how the rest of Chase Stillman's season goes. As a former first round pick in his D+1 season, we really should be hoping for well over a point/game at this level. I think his skill set is pretty good. Hard worker, good shot, decent playmaking, etc. I think his hockey IQ has lots of room for improvement, and it appears that his discipline and his two way game can use a lot of work. At the time Chase was picked, I thought Raty at that position was the easiest pick to make in the entire draft (even easier than Power at 1). Still can't believe so many teams passed on him. Point/game player in Liiga since he was traded. In any case, I remain hopeful that Chase's game will continue to develop. Admittedly, we should probably cut him some slack for recently coming off an injury.

If Gritsyuk ends up making the NHL, Guadana will have bragging rights for being the first person in the entire Devils fanbase to be hyped about him. Gritsyuk is looking like a good one.

I have so many reasons to brag, but I'm a modest person and can't afford to spend so much time bragging about every occasion.

Chase was injured(or Covid, I don`t remember correctly) and this can make hurt him with his results, but I still think we could trade down for him or pick a lot of other available players. Raty, Pastujov, Svozil, Chayka, Morrow were good alternative if Chase did gone. The most hurt part is - we could draft a couple of good players.
I`m ok with Hughes pick because he is obvious candidate, but Chase, Hurtig, Malek and Vilen are very questionable picks. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Guadana said:

I have so many reasons to brag, but I'm a modest person and can't afford to spend so much time bragging about every occasion.

Chase was injured(or Covid, I don`t remember correctly) and this can make hurt him with his results, but I still think we could trade down for him or pick a lot of other available players. Raty, Pastujov, Svozil, Chayka, Morrow were good alternative if Chase did gone. The most hurt part is - we could draft a couple of good players.
I`m ok with Hughes pick because he is obvious candidate, but Chase, Hurtig, Malek and Vilen are very questionable picks. 

I forgot about Svozil - I still think he will end up being the steal of the draft. Would have been happy with him at that spot too. I also liked Pinelli there, not sure if he would have been a good pick there in retrospect. It's hard not to live in a land of what-ifs, but I will try to stop for now. It is getting to be time to get attached to the prospects for the 2022 draft that the Devils will inevitably not pick. And the cycle continues...

12 minutes ago, nessus said:

I forgot about Svozil - I still think he will end up being the steal of the draft. Would have been happy with him at that spot too. I also liked Pinelli there, not sure if he would have been a good pick there in retrospect. It's hard not to live in a land of what-ifs, but I will try to stop for now. It is getting to be time to get attached to the prospects for the 2022 draft that the Devils will inevitably not pick. And the cycle continues...

In general, we do not know what specific tasks management sets for scouts for a particular draft. In general, they find good players - this is a fact.

I won't invest that much time in the draft this year) That's enough for now. I'll passively read, watch international competitions, maybe just before the draft I'll go a little deeper. But in general, I feel that I am tired and need to devote more time to life)

9 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Snipey McSnipersen right there.

Devils are 15th team in scoring, 14th in shooting. More firepower, closer to the playoff. The thing that worrie me is Holtz and Gritsyuk are only players who theoretically can help the team to score more. And it`s only in theory and positive perspective.

Both Devils prospects had a good night for Michigan as they won 6-1 against Niagara. 

Ethan Edwards was back in the team after some time out and he potted his first Goal of the season.

Bit of a fluke off the skate of the Niagara player but a goal none the less , good for him. 

Luke was dominant again with a goal and an assist. 

The skating and the movement on the goal was top notch. 

One guy is just static. 

The assist was just a pass pinged across the ice. Brisson did all the heavy lifting. 

The second game of this mini series is tonight. 

Luke now sits at 15gp 7g 8a. He is third on the team in goals ahead of players like Kent Johnson. He has fallen back a bit from Owen Power in terms of pace with Power on 21 points in 15 games, including 18 assists. 

• Like 4

Mccarthy scores 5 goals and makes 3 assists in 13 games this season.

Moynihan got slow start but now he is hot and scores 4 g in the last 4 games. 6g 4a 10p in 17 games. That`s not so much, but will see.

Schleine scores his first, 7p in 14g this season.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 2