Prospects Thread- 2021-21

Chimaira_Devil_#9

The way Daniil Chayka has really unlocked his offensive potential since coming to North America really has me hoping the Devils find a way to bring Mukhamadullin over soon. Not entirely clear what the deal is with the "loan" to his KHL team. But I find Shakir to be a significantly better prospect than Chayka who is racking up points in the OHL.

• Like 1

Gritsyuk has been named to the Russian squad for the Channel 1 cup. This is an annual tournament played in Russia between international teams. This year's competitors are Sweden, Russia, Finland , Czech Republic and Canada. 

• Like 1

It's been very quiet on the Russian front these last few weeks. Gritsuyk once again is the player to change that trend. He had two goals today as Avangard beat Dinamo Riga 4-1. 

He now has 12 goals, 6 assists and 18 points in 28 games. 

• Like 2

Roundup of some of the weekend action. 

Michigan got revenge over Minnesota with at 6-2 . Luke got an assist on the second goal. 

McCarthy has been having quite the week for BU . He was named both Hockey East defender of the month and the week.

assist on the game winner in OT 

AAssist on the first goal. 

• Like 2

Gritsyuk has put up a couple of apples in his last two games. Got an assist today on Avangards first in a 3-2 win:

He also picked up another lovely assist on a Corby Knight goal a few days ago in a 3-2 loss to Lokomotov. 

He is having a really good season. 

• Like 2

Over the last month Michigan have either been incredible or absolutely awful. Last night they were awful falling to Ohio 6-1.

One thing that has been consistent though is Luke Hughes picking up a point. He got an assist on Michigan's lone goal. 

Won't come as a surprise to anyone but Luke made the WJC roster for the USA. 

There are some interesting names on that roster. And I literally mean their names. 

13 hours ago, Guadana said:

yap. He is trainin with Russian team.

Sorry, guys. I got a new job in animation studio and that kills my time. Only one NHL game per week.

Thanks!

Congratulations on the new job! Sounds interesting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Won't come as a surprise to anyone but Luke made the WJC roster for the USA. 

There are some interesting names on that roster. And I literally mean their names. 

You ain’t kidding. Red Savage? Chaz Lucius? No wonder I’m not a fvcking hockey player. 

12 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Lets hope so. 

Before we even picked him, I saw that their dad has said he thinks Luke is better than Quinn was at that age. Some tried to downplay it as him just talking up his yet to be drafted younger son, but it could also just possibly be true. The size difference alone is a pretty major factor if their skills are around the same level. 

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Before we even picked him, I saw that their dad has said he thinks Luke is better than Quinn was at that age. Some tried to downplay it as him just talking up his yet to be drafted younger son, but it could also just possibly be true. The size difference alone is a pretty major factor if their skills are around the same level. 

Honestly, what did they feed Luke that they didn’t feed Jack or Quinn? 

Bit quite on here for the last week or so. Lots of players off at the WJC camps. Some teams like Sudbury have been shut down due to COVID , so not many updates. 

Gritsuyk is on international duty with Russia in the Channel One Cup and just got on the scoresheet with this determined effort.

(Edit, apparently this didn't go in) 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 1