Prospects Thread- 2021-21

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chase Stillman has been traded from the Sudbury Wolves to the Peterborough Petes. Apparently the trade was supposed to be a three way deal with another contending team but the deal wasn't completed before the deadline .

Hope the trade gives him a bit of a bump and gets him back to his early season pace. 

On 1/10/2022 at 2:43 PM, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Chase Stillman has been traded from the Sudbury Wolves to the Peterborough Petes. Apparently the trade was supposed to be a three way deal with another contending team but the deal wasn't completed before the deadline .

Hope the trade gives him a bit of a bump and gets him back to his early season pace. 

I think this could be very good for Chase. The change of scenery in the middle of a rough season due to injury, in addition to being sent to a much better team, will be great for him. Hard to evaluate him this season so far. On the numbers alone, it has been quite disappointing. I suspect there’s more to the story, but we will see!

On 1/7/2022 at 6:18 PM, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I am not sure how official that Twitter account is in terms of club affiliation. @Guadana might be able to tell us. It made me laugh though thats for sure.

I think Twitter guys are not so close to their clubs as it is in NA. If nothing loud goin on no one cares.

And our culture of internet conversation is much more straight, bold, honest and aggressive some times. Only young flower girls try to count how many times they have been offended. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

Bit slow on the updates, I have been having some health issues post COVID, so not paying as much attention. 

Lets start with Luke Hughes:

Hughes got the first goal in Michigan's 3-2 win over Penn State. 

Some amazing skating on that goal. He now has 20 points in 23 games with 8 goals, who's is 4th best on the team and 5 better than Owen Power. 

I missed anothe excellent performance from Gritsyuk last weekend. He had a goal and assist in a 4-1 win. Goal below:

In his first full KHL season he has 28 points in 39 games, with 16 goals. Sharagovich scored 11 points in his first full NHL season, although he was younger and managed to last the full year in the KHL.

Chase Stillman's move to Peterborough has so far failed to reinvigorate his season. He has played two games so far with 0 points. Patrick Moynihan has also been held scoreless in the last two PC hockey games. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

For comparison sake Quinn only had 5 goals in 37 GP his first year of college. Luke already has 8 goals in 23 GP. Yes, that Michigan team is stacked, but Luke is part of that. 

Handy comparison. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Luke with an Orr-esque diving goal, unreal

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CY10pUEBYNw/?utm_medium=copy_link

Good lord.

Trying not to get too hyped with that Michigan team being so ridiculously stacked but.. it looks like we might have a legit #1D in the pipeline for the first time in forever.

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Good lord.

Trying not to get too hyped with that Michigan team being so ridiculously stacked but.. it looks like we might have a legit #1D in the pipeline for the first time in forever.

as I remember he has only 3 secondary assists. 

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It was a nice shot, but the Orr comparison, not sure its quite to that level. 

Thus why I said "Orr-esque" and not "Hughes literally pulled an Orr". I'm not going to win an argument with a lawyer I'll quit now lol. 

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
sp
  • Like 2

I have to admit, I usually skim past the stuff on these prospect updates that aren’t about our top guys (mainly Luke & Holtz), but man - Gritsyuk seems to be all over this thread. At already 20 years old does he have a pretty good chance at making the team out of camp next year? What’s his KHL contract look like? 

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I have to admit, I usually skim past the stuff on these prospect updates that aren’t about our top guys (mainly Luke & Holtz), but man - Gritsyuk seems to be all over this thread. At already 20 years old does he have a pretty good chance at making the team out of camp next year? What’s his KHL contract look like? 

I don’t know what the reason is specifically, but don’t these guys tend to stay over there a few more years? I feel like him coming over at 20-21 years old would be the exception rather than the rule. 

34 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He will play KHL next year. And I think he will sign another 2 year deal after. I don`t know anything about it, he didn`t tell about his next plans, but this is how some talented russian players do and I think this is how will be better for his development, if he will play top-6 role in KHL. I don`t think he is NHL ready and it`s much better for him to play top-6 role in much better competitive league. If he will play bottom six role, so it would be better to travel into AHL. But he is playin top-6 role now and I think his minutes will grow more.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With Owen Power at the Olympics Luke Hughes has moved up to Michigan's top line. 

Last night he was held without a point in Michigan's 5-1 win over Wisconsin. The Olympic call up has offered another Devils prospect a chance to Draw back into the lineup. 

Ethan Edwards is trying to prove he deserves more time with his first multi point game. He had two assists last night. He has now played 22 games with 6 points. Three of those points have come in the last 2 games. 

First assist:

Unlucky not to get a goal here, his shot hits the post, fortunately it comes back out and the rebound is put in. 

Secondary assist on the 4th:

We haven't seen much of this from him this season , but it's good to see him leading the rush up the ice and then stopping and looking for options. We see Luke do this all the time. 

The same teams face off again tonight. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 2