Prospects Thread- 2021-21

Chimaira_Devil_#9

30 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

think luke makes the jump to ahl or stays at school?

My thought all along was he would play 2 years at Michigan and then go straight to the NHL. But if he’s not going to stay 4 years anyway, what more is there for him to do at Michigan? Maybe the AHL is a better idea for next year. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

My thought all along was he would play 2 years at Michigan and then go straight to the NHL. But if he’s not going to stay 4 years anyway, what more is there for him to do at Michigan? Maybe the AHL is a better idea for next year. 

I’d have him stay at Michigan so he can get reps running the first powerplay. Also to hit the gym, beef up a bit. Don’t need some Geertsen-type AHLer taking runs at him.

I suspect whenever Luke joins the Devils, he’ll bypass the AHL altogether.

Holtz in a sudden scoring funk…no goals and only two assists over his last 7 GP.  Maybe some fatigue?  

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

holtz should be good. i'm not worried about him. when he's nhl ready is the story. i am a big disbeliever in rushing kids. 

No not worried about him…this is his real first slump of what’s been a fine first AHL season.  I think he spends a lot of next season with the big club, but not all.  I’m thinking about 60 games and about 15 goals.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

No not worried about him…this is his real first slump of what’s been a fine first AHL season.  I think he spends a lot of next season with the big club, but not all.  I’m thinking about 60 games and about 15 goals.  

Slump over. 

• Like 2

https://www.upmatters.com/sports/ncaa/bliss-halonen-and-pietila-candidates-for-hobey-baker-award/amp/

I was doing some reading on this Halonen guy and apparently there’s a Blake Pietila on his team just like the Blake Pietila we drafted 10 years ago meaning there are two unrelated hockey players named Blake Pietila. How is that even possible

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

https://www.upmatters.com/sports/ncaa/bliss-halonen-and-pietila-candidates-for-hobey-baker-award/amp/

I was doing some reading on this Halonen guy and apparently there’s a Blake Pietila on his team just like the Blake Pietila we drafted 10 years ago meaning there are two unrelated hockey players named Blake Pietila. How is that even possible

That is odd. 

I am now going to have to Google to see where our Blake is now. 

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Is it even more odd that our Blake Pietila also went to college at Michigan Tech as well........

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It’s like the two Sebastian Aho’s. It’s some multiverse sh!t. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s like the two Sebastian Aho’s. It’s some multiverse sh!t. 

Ever watch "Fringe"?  That was a big part of the show (two parallel universes where each "Earth" was very similar, but not identical).  

There were dopplegangers in each world of course...in the case of one primary character "Walter", he was "Walter" in our world, with fans calling the other version of him "Walternate".  And the Olivia character in that other world was called "Faux-livia" by fans.

It was actually a pretty cool show...the list of differences between the worlds was pretty in-depth, especially in the US (some states were different, the Statue of Liberty never turned green from patima, blimps are still a common form of travel, etc).

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Ever watch "Fringe"?  That was a big part of the show (two parallel universes where each "Earth" was very similar, but not identical).  

There were dopplegangers in each world of course...in the case of one primary character "Walter", he was "Walter" in our world, with fans calling the other version of him "Walternate".  And the Olivia character in that other world was called "Faux-livia" by fans.

It was actually a pretty cool show...the list of differences between the worlds was pretty in-depth, especially in the US (some states were different, the Statue of Liberty never turned green from patima, blimps are still a common form of travel, etc).

No, but I watched a few other shows that had a multiverse element. Maybe I will check that one out. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

No, but I watched a few other shows that had a multiverse element. Maybe I will check that one out. 

Yeah it was a good one.  Probably a fun one for the actors because they get to play different versions of the same character...and in some cases, the differences between dopplegangers can be much more pronounced.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah it was a good one.  Probably a fun one for the actors because they get to play different versions of the same character...and in some cases, the differences between dopplegangers can be much more pronounced.

Yep, i would imagine so. Looks like Amazon Prime has it to stream. 

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

are we not going to mention there's 2 Jack Hughes? haha

Actually when i was in highschool, 2 other guys had the same exact same name as me

Two Taylor Halls as well.

There's a LOT of people in the world with the same first and last name as me...that's how it goes when your last name is Olson...right up there with Smith and Jones.