Prospects Thread- 2021-21

Chimaira_Devil_#9

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe he will be. But as a baseline, it’s said he will have difficulty getting an NHL job because of his size. This ban certainly won’t improve the way he is viewed. 

I still think the Devils need to at least kick the tires. Maybe this scares a few teams off. A 2 year entry level contract would probably be worth the risk considering our goaltending depth at the moment.

The only issue would be, assuming Bernier & Blackwood are back (or any other goalies penciled in to the NHL like a free agency signing instead) then you have McKay, Schmid, and Daws in the AHL. Daws has some potential and Schmid was doing really well in Utica before he was thrown behind the Devils defense. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I still think the Devils need to at least kick the tires. Maybe this scares a few teams off. A 2 year entry level contract would probably be worth the risk considering our goaltending depth at the moment.

The only issue would be, assuming Bernier & Blackwood are back (or any other goalies penciled in to the NHL like a free agency signing instead) then you have McKay, Schmid, and Daws in the AHL. Daws has some potential and Schmid was doing really well in Utica before he was thrown behind the Devils defense. 

I think any plans to obtain new goaltending revolve around one or both of Blackwood or Bernier not being here. Or, as I expect Bernier will play out the year (if he can) and be gone, having McKay in Utica for a season couldn’t hurt….

I think if they were going to unload Fitz, they would've done it by now.  (at least I'm convinced) We all know this is his last "shot".  What he's going to do with coaching staff? A few of the players. (yes, I'm now all in on trading Zacha after defending him in the past.)

* Goaltending is (& will be) an issue until we land a good one. (f>ck Blackwood)

15 hours ago, smelly said:

FWIW I was told the week before the Frozen Four that the organization had been in touch with the Hughes family about his leaving school immediately after the NCAAs with the plan being that he would join Utica for the playoffs.  Hughes' team said they would only do that if the Devils guaranteed that he would be on the NHL roster at the beginning of next season.  The Devils (understandably IMO) could not make any such assurances at this point, so Luke decided (also understandably IMO) to stay in school.

This is great intel.  Thanks for sharing this.

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe he will be. But as a baseline, it’s said he will have difficulty getting an NHL job because of his size. This ban certainly won’t improve the way he is viewed. 

The size issue will be the deciding factor. I really don't think this will have any bearing whatsoever if he ends up with an NHL team. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I am a fan of this move on paper, this is a big step up in terms of level of competition, just hope he gets as much playing time. His numbers this year were solid. 

Wait can he just play in NJ??

39 minutes ago, MB3 said:

homie's gotta work on that signature lmao

Looks like an eSignature signed on some sort of screen. Regular one looks a bit more like you’d expect. Compare:

4FB29BF2-BE37-48A5-B8A9-3733DB1AC30E.jpeg

Edited by mfitz804

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Looks like an eSivnature signed on some sort of screen. Regular one looks a bit more like you’d expect. Compare:

4FB29BF2-BE37-48A5-B8A9-3733DB1AC30E.jpeg

Yeah, I bought a signed Devils puck with Luke’s autograph on it and it looks more like this one. 

So i didn't think to post this here but we are getting the 2023 world juniors here in Moncton and Halifax.

So i entered the draw thing for tickets and we'll see. These tickets go FAST in Canada but i'll do everything i can to catch a few games and hopefully see some of our prospects.

If we do draft Slafkosky i that they are playing like... Latvia or wtv i can't imagine that those tickets will sell out too too fast lol

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Same age, same position. Trying not to be biased but Gritsyuk has the same amount of points in less games, more goals. That's a bit black and white and unless i don't know additional context... seems like a no-brainer to me.