Prospects Thread- 2021-21

Chimaira_Devil_#9

3 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

I really hope the Devils are able to get him over to America when his KHL contract expires.

He said that before transatlantic travel he needs to work on his game. Kaprisov is his example for his path.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MB3 said:

hahaha. well, yeah. but i won’t hold my breath — the Devils’ home grown / prospect russians never pan out… ever. Remember when Gusev was gonna be another Panarin? Where’s that will-be-superstar defenseman we traded to the rangers for Grabner? 

True, we kind of had the same history with a bunch of disappointing Sweds before Bratt, too, though…

And I think they might have something in Okhotiuk.

But to be clear I was half joking. I don’t think anyone expects Gritsyuk to be the next Kaprizov. But if he has to take his time getting over here it could be worth it if he’s an immediate impact player once he does. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Guadana said:

23 as I remember. He is 25 now.

This is correct, he’s played two seasons and is 25 now. Following that path, Gritsyuk (who would have been “Gritty” if that name wasn’t already taken) would arrive in 2 years. 

54 minutes ago, MB3 said:

hahaha. well, yeah. but i won’t hold my breath — the Devils’ home grown / prospect russians never pan out… ever. Remember when Gusev was gonna be another Panarin? Where’s that will-be-superstar defenseman we traded to the rangers for Grabner? 

Again. Gritsyuk is not Gusev. And he is not Rykov. I don’t think that he will be Kaprisov 2.0, but he is on the level of results of Kaprisov and Panarin. And his path was good before. It’s a problem of nhl scoting, they don’t spend enough time to watch MHL. And the most fun part is that it’s free and everybody can do it on youtube. This is how everybody(except a couple of guys) know nothing about Perevalov, who is top 10/15 level prospect this year.  But I think teams like Arizona or Buffulo will draft him, because they have more than one pick in the first round.

Fun part is, after drafting Slafkovsky, devils could not draft wingers and focus on RD, G and C in the next couple of years. Because we have plenty of them. I think it will make easier to make scoting job for our scoting department.

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

To be fair, Gusev wasn’t home grown. We traded for him. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This is correct, he’s played two seasons and is 25 now. Following that path, Gritsyuk (who would have been “Gritty” if that name wasn’t already taken) would arrive in 2 years. 

I do really think it’s a good timing for him. He should work more on his two way game and physical aspects of the game. 

1 minute ago, Guadana said:

I do really think it’s a good timing for him. He should work more on his two way game and physical aspects of the game. 

It’s better than him being here now, underperforming, and people freaking out that he’s “a bust” at age 21. 

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s better than him being here now, underperforming, and people freaking out that he’s “a bust” at age 21. 

You know this typical 5/6th round busts. He could give huge bust to this franchise, that I could say.
That’s great we have four more potential great prospects in our system who doesn’t play 10 nhl games. + Shaq and Okhotiuk. And I’m very intrigued by Zetterlund. 

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

True, we kind of had the same history with a bunch of disappointing Sweds before Bratt, too, though…

And I think they might have something in Okhotiuk.

But to be clear I was half joking. I don’t think anyone expects Gritsyuk to be the next Kaprizov. But if he has to take his time getting over here it could be worth it if he’s an immediate impact player once he does. 

I’m pretty high on Okhotyiuk.  I could see him paired with Luke in a couple years.  Okhotyiuk kicking ass and Luke racking up points with the top line with Jack as center.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Well, as long as you don't call him Sucky then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bardakov won't be coming over any time soon. Which is fine as he needs established minutes and a bigger role as he only featured in 19 regular season games. He played in all of SKA's 16 playoff games so hopefully he will take a step next year. 

• Like 1