Prospects Thread- 2021-21

Chimaira_Devil_#9

3 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Bardakov won't be coming over any time soon. Which is fine as he needs established minutes and a bigger role as he only featured in 19 regular season games. He played in all of SKA's 16 playoff games so hopefully he will take a step next year. 

Bardakov did start as 13th forward, but going through the season he played more minutes. In the playoff he started to play regular role, in the final of conference he played in all 7 games against CSKA more than 16/17 minutes. 

He isn't potential top 6 forward  but he looks and developing exactly like potential good bottom six forward. He did play defensive energy role in SKA, and if he will continue to play regular role there, its a perfect place for development.

7 hours ago, slasher72 said:

It's been so long he has unretired:

• Haha 1

We all know what he does well,” the GM said with a chuckle, “we don’t have anybody in the organization who shoots the puck like him, and he has very good vision. Where we need to see some development is his first couple of steps, his anticipation. Again, be stronger on pucks along the wall. This season couldn’t have gone any better for Alex Holtz in my eyes.

I think they understand correctly what he should work on.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 2

On 6/22/2022 at 6:52 AM, Guadana said:

We all know what he does well,” the GM said with a chuckle, “we don’t have anybody in the organization who shoots the puck like him, and he has very good vision. Where we need to see some development is his first couple of steps, his anticipation. Again, be stronger on pucks along the wall. This season couldn’t have gone any better for Alex Holtz in my eyes.

I think they understand correctly what he should work on.

It certainly feels like the current front office have a much better grasp on our prospects and seem to be handling them much better than we have in a long time. 

• Like 1

Not the right thread, but I think we need another "insurance" goalie. lost faith in Blackie (not because of his skill) but his work ethic. Will Bernier be ready to train/play. Will he be the same? I like the idea of Primeau, maybe Stolarz? (reasonable trade) We can't go in with Hammond et all.

Any suggestions of someone reasonable  to target. Sh>t rolls downhill, our goaltending was huge part in out win/loss record.  Soft goals kill a bench. Players know it. 

5 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

Not the right thread, but I think we need another "insurance" goalie. lost faith in Blackie (not because of his skill) but his work ethic. Will Bernier be ready to train/play. Will he be the same? I like the idea of Primeau, maybe Stolarz? (reasonable trade) We can't go in with Hammond et all.

Any suggestions of someone reasonable  to target. Sh>t rolls downhill, our goaltending was huge part in out win/loss record.  Soft goals kill a bench. Players know it. 

I’ve been interested in Stolarz or Dostal from Anaheim as a 3rd option.

A slightly more established possibility is Raanta. He only has 2 years left and Carolina has Andersen. He isn’t gonna win us a cup but he’d be a suitable replacement for Bernier while we wait to see what Blackwood is next year. I really don’t see how Bernier is ready for October

5 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

His "work ethic"?  

Please explain

47 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I see what you did there.

I’m just thinking of attainable players assuming no big free agents are available.  He’s part of a team with depth and has a short amount on his contract. 

Yeah I don't mind him, I just don't pass on dad joke opportunities. 

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Great to know they are staying in touch. Could be a nice addition in 2023-24

I don't know if anyone is following the Ivan Fedotov story but it looks like young Russian players getting out of the KHL might be difficult in the coming years. 

• Sad 2
  • Shocking 1

30 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I don't know if anyone is following the Ivan Fedotov story but it looks like young Russian players getting out of the KHL might be difficult in the coming years. 

It’s funny you say that, I hadn’t heard anything about it until about 10 minutes ago. That’s absolutely insane. We’re going back to the days of players having to sneak over like Fetisov and Kasatonov and Mogilny did. 

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Well this is disappointing, and at least somewhat concerning. 

Yeah this makes no fvcking sense whatsoever. There’s no ‘taste of North America’. That is not a thing. You sign, you come to North America, you stay. You don’t go back. Particularly now. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1