Prospects Thread- 2021-21

Chimaira_Devil_#9

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Guess he wasn't impressed with the taste left in his mouth. You just never know, but like you said particularly now. Career wise would certainly seem like he may just not like it here. Bummer.

Maybe he’s some Putin nut who supports the cause and wants to fight, who the fvck knows. All I know is this peculiar as fvck, and I have serious doubts Muk ever suits up as a Devil now. 

Shakir was best all around defenseman on the ice in ahl. He have a lot to learn in Khl. Political climate is on the boiling point, but from the different angle its..  different. He isn't nhl ready. If we wanna develop him, he should play in khl.

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Maybe he’s some Putin nut who supports the cause and wants to fight, who the fvck knows. All I know is this peculiar as fvck, and I have serious doubts Muk ever suits up as a Devil now. 

Gritsyuk is staying over there at least another year, too iirc. Ugh. So much uncertainty with a couple of our better prospects. Obviously it’s small potatoes when you’re talking about being worried over hockey players joining your team compared to everything going on over there. But it still sucks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Shakir was best all around defenseman on the ice in ahl. He have a lot to learn in Khl. Political climate is on the boiling point, but from the different angle its..  different. He isn't nhl ready. If we wanna develop him, he should play in khl.

Do you think this is truly the best thing for his development? Because I can’t recall an instance where a guy comes to North America and plays in the minors, only to turn around and go back to the KHL. If that has happened before, I stand corrected- but I don’t remember it happening before. Like Nicomo said, it’s concerning. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Okay so I just watched Fitz’s press conference from this afternoon; it was actually our choice to send Muk back, and Fitz said he likely will come back next year after playing one more full season in Russia. So perhaps I overreacted. But I still don’t recall a similar situation, even if one occurred previously.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Okay so I just watched Fitz’s press conference from this afternoon; it was actually our choice to send Muk back, and Fitz said he likely will come back next year after playing one more full season in Russia. So perhaps I overreacted. But I still don’t recall a similar situation, even if one occurred previously.

Even if there was these are different times. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is somewhat reassuring, but I really wish Mukhamadullin was playing next season in North America. You just don't really see many defensemen develop well in Russian leagues.

Last year, he had that amazing start, but slowed down significantly shortly after. He came to Utica and was immediately effective, without taking much time at all to adjust. I may have mentioned this before, but if you look at Daniil Chayka, he was drafted as this high end defense prospect, who didn't produce much offensively in the Russian leagues. He came to play in the OHL last season and totally unlocked his potential. I was hoping to see something similar with Mukhamadullin, especially after seeing him contribute on offense in the few Utica games he was in.  But hopefully this upcoming season in the KHL is a big one for him.

• Like 1

Like I said before, we are lookin on the situation differently. Because of understanding details. Situation isn't god, but Mukh will handle it.

About developing - its not a question. Holtz could be deadly in ahl, its good to play there for him, but it doesn't make him nhl ready completely, but as for defenseman, its much better for Shaq to play against much better competition. He can open his offensive two way potential after one year of practice. 

If situation will go change really badly, I don't think this year on NA will mean a lot.

Edited by Guadana

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I can't WAIT for him and Nemec to join the D...fense.  Can't happen soon enough...the Devils have obviously been collecting plenty of young talent through lost seasons/high draft picks, but I get the feeling once those two arrive, we're leaving the suckage completely behind.  After a couple of seasons, we're going to be saying "Damn, you can believe that the Devils have BOTH of these guys?!"  

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I can't WAIT for him and Nemec to join the D...fense.  Can't happen soon enough...the Devils have obviously been collecting plenty of young talent through lost seasons/high draft picks, but I get the feeling once those two arrive, we're leaving the suckage completely behind.  After a couple of seasons, we're going to be saying "Damn, you can believe that the Devils have BOTH of these guys?!"  

So you’re saying you are getting really excited about the D, aren’t you??

Just now, mfitz804 said:

So you’re saying you are getting really excited about the D, aren’t you??

Not nearly as much as you get excited about the D 😉

But yeah, looking forward to the kid influx for sure.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not nearly as much as you get excited about the D 😉

But yeah, looking forward to the kid influx for sure.

I have to be honest, it still kind of feels weird to have so many prospects on the way up and so many young players on the team. So not the way we did things for quite a while. Wish Luke was joining the party sooner, but I’m sure the extra year in college will help his development. 

Or, if you prefer, the development of his D skills. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I have to be honest, it still kind of feels weird to have so many prospects on the way up and so many young players on the team. So not the way we did things for quite a while. Wish Luke was joining the party sooner, but I’m sure the extra year in college will help his development. 

Or, if you prefer, the development of his D skills. 

On that note, I do like that Fitz is being definitive about some guys being out of chances.  I have no issue with him dumping Zacha and Kuokkanen.  Also OK with him moving on from Ty Smith...yeah, of course like I said, I would've liked to have seen him work with a non-nASS coach, but he's got one year left on his ELC, and with L Hughes and Nemec not far from joining the Devils, and other young defensemen due a look, there simply wasn't going to be much room for him.  He basically played himself out of the Devils' plans, and fortunately, Fitz nabbed someone in return who's a better fit.  

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I can’t even believe it’s only July 25, I’m so ready to get things started with this new look team. 

Same, just feels like they're so ready to turn a corner (I might be a year premature with this, but oh well).  I'm almost as excited about some of the subtractions as I am about the additions.  

• Like 2

Hard to imagine but we have 3 top 10 picks that haven’t even joined the team yet. Holtz had his cup of coffee but I still think he makes the team this year. 

That’s why I didn’t want to trade so much away for a top line winger. We still have a lot coming up. Patience is the best thing for our fan base right now but in a couple of years we have the potential to be scary. 

Like a lot of you I watched them win all of their cups. I know 10 years is a long time but not that long when you consider how long some of these teams have waited to win one cup. Some haven’t even won one at all yet. With a little patience we can be right back up there in the contenders tier adding more banners to our rafters while these teams go through yet another failed rebuild. 

• Like 1