Prospects Thread- 2021-21

Chimaira_Devil_#9

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I just watched the video- before watching, I thought YA was some kind of advanced stat I had never heard of. Now I know that Holtz just substitutes YA for when most people just say UM 🤣

His anticipated YA percentage is as useful as any other advanced stat. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I just watched the video- before watching, I thought YA was some kind of advanced stat I had never heard of. Now I know that Holtz just substitutes YA for when most people just say UM 🤣

yah its sort of like the metric vs imperial system. Depending on where you live you just use a different one

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 3:47 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I can't WAIT for him and Nemec to join the D...fense.  Can't happen soon enough...the Devils have obviously been collecting plenty of young talent through lost seasons/high draft picks, but I get the feeling once those two arrive, we're leaving the suckage completely behind.  After a couple of seasons, we're going to be saying "Damn, you can believe that the Devils have BOTH of these guys?!"  

I hope so.  It’s been sh!tty for the past 10 years and maybe 11.  In a couple years we are looking at a team with Hughes, Hughes, Nemec, hopefully Bratt, Nico, Seigs, Hamilton, possibly, Mercer if he continues to develop and Holtz.  Then there is a bunch of prospects that can fill roles and provide support.  It’s exciting, and I’m trying to not be too optimistic.

8 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

I hope so.  It’s been sh!tty for the past 10 years and maybe 11.  In a couple years we are looking at a team with Hughes, Hughes, Nemec, hopefully Bratt, Nico, Seigs, Hamilton, possibly, Mercer if he continues to develop and Holtz.  Then there is a bunch of prospects that can fill roles and provide support.  It’s exciting, and I’m trying to not be too optimistic.

Same...excited, but trying to temper that excitement.  This year will be about taking steps forward (and at least challenging for a WC berth well past January), but will also be about clearing out some deadwood (Tatar and Johnsson).  Will also be about exploring returns for some of the likely-to-depart UFAs.  Maybe a guy like Severson to a legit contender is worth giving up a decent prospect or another first-rounder for.  Not like Devils can't use more young bodies to add to the mix of kids.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2022 at 5:52 PM, SterioDesign said:

Short for YEAH

It's a Swedish as first language thing. 

Swedes sometimes have a long pause in their language "to think" and it is considered completely cultural and normal 

He is falling back on "Yah, so" and "Yah know" a lot to fill in for the pause. Could just be nervous too.

His English is excellent, but he still has that habit that he prolly carried from learning Swedish first. I definitely noticed it too. 

I love languages. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1