Prospects Thread- 2021-21

Chimaira_Devil_#9

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Nah, I’m betting we see him put up even bigger numbers next year. He’s already better than most of his peers. And that’s as the 3rd youngest player in college hockey. The level of competition isn’t really going to change that much. He’s just going to be “the guy” once Power is gone though. 

he's certainly been impressive for his age and he will likely continue to strive no questions there. im just saying if he's production drops a bit that it's technically normal but also part of the process. 

But also he's going to get PP minutes which i believe he's not at the moment or not much. So then technically he should rack up more points that way too

Edited by SterioDesign

Gritsyuk's season is over. Avangard lost game seven 4-0 to Mettalurg. This was always going to be close as these are two of the best teams in the KHL. Metallurg were ranked #1 over so taking it to 7 games was by no means easy  but as defending champions Avangard will be a bit disappointed. 

Gritsyuk's contract runs out at the end of next season. So with the current political climate and the contract it's hard to see him coming across for next season, which is a shame because I think he could make a difference. 

He finished the season with 16 goals, 12 assists for 28 points in 38 games. That equates to 45 points in the NHL over 82 games. In the playoffs he finishes with 10 points in 13 games. He is currently 5th in overall playoff scoring and leads the playoffs in goals scored. 

He had an incredible season. Let's hope we see him in New Jersey soon rather than later. 

• Like 3

Definitely could go either way with Luke Hughes. He will get tougher minutes, which will be helpful for him developing his defensive game. We can expect that his shooting percentage will likely go down a bit too. But as mentioned, he will be getting first unit PP time with Power gone. And Luke’s development trajectory has been insane since his draft year. I wouldn’t count anything out. 

6 hours ago, nessus said:

Definitely could go either way with Luke Hughes. He will get tougher minutes, which will be helpful for him developing his defensive game. We can expect that his shooting percentage will likely go down a bit too. But as mentioned, he will be getting first unit PP time with Power gone. And Luke’s development trajectory has been insane since his draft year. I wouldn’t count anything out. 

FWIW I saw his coach said his biggest improvement is his decision making. If that is true I'd expect his game to take a big leap when he is not trying to do too much or make risky plays that aren't really there. Obviously, his defensive game overall needs to improve as well though.

7 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

@GuadanaHaven't heard from you in a while. Hope you're well! Looking forward to your draft class analysis.

Everything okey, guys. Thanks for words. I’m just workin hard on my career. Sanctions closed every way to take payments from my clients from Europe.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 8:07 PM, MadDog2020 said:

Luke got beat on the winner. Tough way to end a great season.

That sucked. They banged into each other trying to clear the puck. Hughes was pissed. It looked like Denver was the better team. I was going for Michigan. 

6 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Hughes got snubbed for First Team

They probably didn't want to stick a freshman on it. He's more dangerous offensively than Power. Hughes is more of a shooter while Power is more of a distributor. Power signed and will debut for Buffalo. Kent Johnson also signed with Columbus.