GDT: Devils vs Islanders in Bridgeport, CT 2:00 PM

MadDog2020

53 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

fvck yes we tied it. We just couldnt have Schneider get a shutout against us

I assume they dont feel its worth bringing back jack in a game like this.

Cory didn’t play the whole game…think he came in to start the third.

Fun game in that the Devils won a game where they clearly weren’t trying to…that lineup would have a hell of a time winning many games once the regular season begins.

Fingers crossed for Jack…

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Cory didn’t play the whole game…think he came in to start the third.

Fun game in that the Devils won a game where they clearly weren’t trying to…that lineup would have a hell of a time winning many games once the regular season begins.

Fingers crossed for Jack…

Masisak just reported that Ruff said he doesn't expect him to miss any time. Good news.

• Like 1

A few too many times for my liking it was like last year with the Devils unable to get the puck out of the zone.  However, with the mostly AHL squad the Devils iced versus the mostly NHL squad the Islanders iced to allow only 1 Islander goal is pretty impressive.  As mentioned above Shaggy's goal was impressive.  Even with Schneider in net.😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devs3cups said:

Masisak just reported that Ruff said he doesn't expect him to miss any time. Good news.

Also said he’ll know better tomorrow.  But staying positive.  

Just now, Rock said:

A few too many times for my liking it was like last year with the Devils unable to get the puck out of the zone.  However, with the mostly AHL squad the Devils iced versus the mostly NHL squad the Islanders iced to allow only 1 Islander goal is pretty impressive.  As mentioned above Shaggy's goal was impressive.  Even with Schneider in net.😎

Yeah I can’t evaluate that lineup as it was.  Whatever future is coming for the Devils, not much of it was skating this afternoon.  If anything I give them some kudos for somehow piecing together a win.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

With the three wins (and the demolition of the Rangers), you almost forget about the players still lying in the weeds.  Does sound like Ty may not start his season on 10/15 though.

6 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Pretty sure that if he thought it was more serious he would've just said he'd know more tomorrow.

When you’re a Met fan (unfortunately I am), you’re expecting injury news to become worse than originally reported.  Not that I necessarily am in this case, but if (hopefully WHEN) Jack is in the lineup in Game 1 of the new season, that’s when I’ll fully feel like the Devils have dodged a bullet.

• Like 1