GDT: Devils VS Caps 7PM (Preseason)

RunninWithTheDevil

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah and thats good news for us. The Pens have no future and will likely not tear things down because of Crosby so they will fall pretty fast. In Philly they are already in full on patch work mode as the wheels are falling, i can't see this working out for them. The Islanders are good now, but not good enough and they are already in the top 3 oldest team in the league and what happened to NJ will most likely happen to them too, so thats also good for us.

Carolina took care of destroying their future too this summer. 

We could seriously be one of the top teams in the division in a near future

if hughes stays healthy, any update cause ruff said they would know better today so, no news is not good.

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah and thats good news for us. The Pens have no future and will likely not tear things down because of Crosby so they will fall pretty fast. In Philly they are already in full on patch work mode as the wheels are falling, i can't see this working out for them. The Islanders are good now, but not good enough and they are already in the top 3 oldest team in the league and what happened to NJ will most likely happen to them too, so thats also good for us.

Lets dont overreact of "destroying future of Carolina". KK is young and he has something to develope. If he not - they will trade him. And they have enough good prospects. 

Philly... Barron is an intriguin prospect. And they have pretty good young players in roster. But they dont looks what devils will not be possible to outplay in future seasons.

3 minutes ago, lazer said:

if hughes stays healthy, any update cause ruff said they would know better today so, no news is not good.

Ruff says he's hopeful that he'll be able to practice tomorrow. So i don't think it's too too serious. He was hit in the ribs so i assume he went for Xrays and was struggling to breath a little today and wouldnt risk getting hit there again. But since Ruff expects him to practice tomorrow i assume there's no break or wtv

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm really not sure i see a spot for Johnsson, Boqvist and Vesey on the opening night roster. I'd be fine with those guys as extras but they need to do more to be in the top 12 IMO.

I am close to writing off Boqvist as nothing more than an AAAA player.  Vesey I think doesn't make it but will get signed elsewhere.

Johnsson is a bit of a weird spot.  He needs to have a 2nd line spot for him to be at least somewhat effective but there is no room for him.  I still thinks he makes his way to a bottom 6 role though on opening night.

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

They showed a graphic that said shootout and apparently had one but they didn't show it, absolute bush league showing by whoever is in charge. 

Guys played well though, nice to see the powerplay clicking. 

Yeah I would have liked to see that as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

That's the way I see it. Boston may be on the downside, too. 

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Boston isn't in our division though. But i forgot the Blue Jackets haha

Right, I was thinking of all the contenders in the East. But you're right, you have to deal with what's in your own division first. And we're trending up ... I think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Right, I was thinking of all the contenders in the East. But you're right, you have to deal with what's in your own division first. And we're trending up ... I think.

We're unquestionably trending up...   I haven't read anyone saying we aren't better. 
Most have us on the outside looking in still...  but a hot streak can change that outlook quickly.

• Like 1

Pavel Zacha is a fvcking stud, and needs top-6 winger minutes. I wonder if he pushes Johnsson off the roster. 

Mercer seems to me like he can certainly handle a 3C role (we don’t want him playing 4th line minutes anyway) and I really don’t see where on earth you possibly put Johnsson and his magic disappearing act. Maybe 3rd line wing? For my money Boqvist does the same sh!t for cheaper and he’s younger and can shift to center if needed. 

Sharangovich-Hughes-Tatar
Bratt-Hischier-Zacha
Boqvist-Mercer-Kuokkonen
Wood-McLeod-Vesey/Foote

Would honestly love the Devils to go out and get a piece of sh!t dirtbag for that 4th line wing role, someone who doesn’t mind crossing several lines when someone takes a run at Nico or Jack. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Would honestly love the Devils to go out and get a piece of sh!t dirtbag for that 4th line wing role, someone who doesn’t mind crossing several lines when someone takes a run at Nico or Jack. 

A90A6AD1-EEC4-4223-A976-840C81934E8F.gif

When there's an inevitable injury, someone like Boqvist, Vesey or Foote will get a chance to play. I'd be a bit surprised if Johnsson didn't make the initial cut, but on a team with depth, his spot is not assured. Intra-team competition is good, I'm glad maybe it's finally here.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MB3 said:

Isn't that why they claimed Geertsen?

32 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Isn't that why they claimed Geertsen?

I’m pretty sure. With Ty and Damon hurt, he may just make the lineup.