GDT: Devils @ Rangers 7PM (Preseason)

RunninWithTheDevil

27 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah i think Kreider is definitely campaigning for the captaincy with his antics today

Easy to call him a d!ck because he’s a Ranger, but he did exactly what I would want one of our guys to do if one of our guys got taken out by a dirty play. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I like Subban a lot and I don’t necessarily think he wanted to injure Reaves, but if you’ve ever played a shift of ice hockey at any level you’d recognize that as a clear slew foot. 

There’s no other natural reason to stick your leg out like that.

I can’t skate well so as I go off balance, I do flail…

but I’m not a professional athlete, I’m a nobody and play on sh!tty ice.

35 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I like Subban a lot and I don’t necessarily think he wanted to injure Reaves, but if you’ve ever played a shift of ice hockey at any level you’d recognize that as a clear slew foot. 

There’s no other natural reason to stick your leg out like that.

Yeah that... plus the video i posted shows that he did this many many many many times before.

I will repeat though that i fully give him the benefit of the doubt in this case and won't pretend that i know what his intentions were.

Whatever Subban’s intentions, I don’t really give a fvck. What I do give a fvck about is that he proceeded to take up residence in the Rags’ heads all night after that. It’s hilarious how those pussies are so desperate to flex their popcorn muscles post-Wilson skullfvcking their entire organization into unemployment/early retirement. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Whatever Subban’s intentions, I don’t really give a fvck. What I do give a fvck about is that he proceeded to take up residence in the Rags’ heads all night after that. It’s hilarious how those pussies are so desperate to flex their popcorn muscles post-Wilson skullfvcking their entire organization into unemployment/early retirement. 

I’m also Loving the absolute 180 their clowns are taking when compared to our blowout of them last week: suddenly Krapo is a god cause he beat Utica and our #1b goalie. Whatever, they’ll be out skated all year cause they decided to build a “tougher” team forgetting you need goals and some speed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I’m also Loving the absolute 180 their clowns are taking when compared to our blowout of them last week: suddenly Krapo is a god cause he beat Utica and our #1b goalie. Whatever, they’ll be out skated all year cause they decided to build a “tougher” team forgetting you need goals and some speed.

Which only happened because McLeod fell down and basically gave him a clean breakaway lol. 

Would have been hysterical if Subban had just hooked him down from behind, they would have lost their sh!t at that point. 

• Like 2

One thing we learned from both last night and the Islander game (yeah, they won, but not like they'd win many games like that)...I do think this team can make some noise in the regular season, and can contend for a playoff berth, but the big club won't be able to withstand too many injuries.  The organizational depth is definitely improved and there are most definitely legit prospects in the mix now, but still not yet so chock full of young talent that the Devils can overcome too many key guys out of the lineup.  Unless Holtz starts the season with Utica, it feels like most of that team is a bunch of AAAA guys in the making, who are good for fill-in call-up duty, but not necessarily guys you plan your future around.

This is not to sound gloom-and-doom by any stretch...it does feel like there's considerable talent up here, and to me your fair share of AHLers (especially ones 23 or older) are your temporary fill-in types anyway...it's not every AHL player is some blue-chip prospect who deserves a shot in the NHL.  More that I don't think this team will be as well-equipped to handle a few injures as well as some others might.  Just hope the Devils get some health luck...this has the feel of a real fun, stepping-stone kind of season...would really suck if a rash of injuries killed it.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

36 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One thing we learned from both last night and the Islander game (yeah, they won, but not like they'd win many games like that)...I do think this team can make some noise in the regular season, and can contend for a playoff berth, but the big club won't be able to withstand too many injuries. 

I don’t think there is a team in the league that could play like 6 NHL players and the balance of the lineup is filled with AHL players and guys on a PTO.  I don’t think last night’s game was good information about anything, other than @SterioDesignbeaming from ear to ear because PK validated his slew footing arguments lol. 

31 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t think there is a team in the league that could play like 6 NHL players and the balance of the lineup is filled with AHL players and guys on a PTO.  I don’t think last night’s game was good information about anything, other than @SterioDesignbeaming from ear to ear because PK validated his slew footing arguments lol. 

More of me saying that I'm not much of a believer in Studenic, Zetterland, and others, if for whatever reason they're pressed into duty with the big club.  But once upon a time I didn't think McLeod would be able to contribute much at the NHL level, so who knows.

On a side note, some time ago I bought an old white Devils Verbeek jersey (size 52...knew it would be small, but it was just too cool and well-made to pass up), made by Cosby...truly legit authentic, just like what they wore at that time.  Never wore it much because it is a tad small on me (54 is my current sweet spot for most hockey jerseys), but my now 5' 8" daughter tried it on last night and it fits her beautifully...she'll definitely be wearing that one to games.  Glad it will be getting more use.      

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

On a side note, some time ago I bought an old white Devils Verbeek jersey (size 52...knew it would be small, but it was just too cool and well-made to pass up), made by Cosby...truly legit authentic, just like what they wore at that time.  Never wore it much because it is a tad small on me (54 is my current sweet spot for most hockey jerseys), but my now 5' 8" daughter tried it on last night and it fits her beautifully...she'll definitely be wearing that one to games.  Glad it will be getting more use.      

Awesome! My daughter has not worn her jerseys in a while since we haven’t gone to games. The Size 42 Blackwood HFC is likely still good to go. The L/XL Youth Subban jersey, probably less so. 

My daughter really likes the HFC jerseys (she has one already, one of the black-and-lavenders)...getting her one of these as a little surprise, ahead of the final preseason contest tonight (it's on clearance from Meigray, and now that I know she fits into 52s I'm good with buying it).

91244a_sm.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One thing we learned from both last night and the Islander game (yeah, they won, but not like they'd win many games like that)...I do think this team can make some noise in the regular season, and can contend for a playoff berth, but the big club won't be able to withstand too many injuries.  The organizational depth is definitely improved and there are most definitely legit prospects in the mix now, but still not yet so chock full of young talent that the Devils can overcome too many key guys out of the lineup.  Unless Holtz starts the season with Utica, it feels like most of that team is a bunch of AAAA guys in the making, who are good for fill-in call-up duty, but not necessarily guys you plan your future around.

This is not to sound gloom-and-doom by any stretch...it does feel like there's considerable talent up here, and to me your fair share of AHLers (especially ones 23 or older) are your temporary fill-in types anyway...it's not every AHL player is some blue-chip prospect who deserves a shot in the NHL.  More that I don't think this team will be as well-equipped to handle a few injures as well as some others might.  Just hope the Devils get some health luck...this has the feel of a real fun, stepping-stone kind of season...would really suck if a rash of injuries killed it.  

this is all true but we're getting there. Not long ago we didn't even have talent in the big club lol we basically started from nothing. So i see all of this as been very very positive

51 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

this is all true but we're getting there. Not long ago we didn't even have talent in the big club lol we basically started from nothing. So i see all of this as been very very positive

Well yeah no one would argue that the team hasn't come a very long way, and most of my post talked about how the big club can make some noise this year (as in be competitive and fight for a playoff spot).  And yeah of course that's a major positive, that the once near-bare cupboards are no longer empty.  All I'm saying is that there's still some meh-ish types hanging around within the franchise from previous drafts that will exposed for their meh-ness if they're forced to fill in for extended periods.  But better that than a bunch of dead-men-walking vets without much left (some of whom weren't anything special to begin with, back when it all crashed and burned)...some of the lesser kids in Utica may not become all that much in the NHL, but at least they figure to try to seize any opportunity that they get with everything they've got.

And of course, there's other youngins who won't be with Utica, but figure to eventually be a part of the picture here...Jack's kid bro, Muk, etc.  No guarantees yet of course, but tons of reasons for optimism.    

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

My daughter really likes the HFC jerseys (she has one already, one of the black-and-lavenders)...getting her one of these as a little surprise, ahead of the final preseason contest tonight (it's on clearance from Meigray, and now that I know she fits into 52s I'm good with buying it).

91244a_sm.jpeg

Bear in mind that’ll fit a little smaller than a CCM 52…

We both have this style, mine’s Kinkaid’s warmup worn jersey. 

47232334002_5f01b60ac5_b.jpg

But I like the black and purple too, so I have this too. 

50609148428_0585305012_b.jpg

33 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Bear in mind that’ll fit a little smaller than a CCM 52…

That's OK...the CCM fits her well, but still a little on the baggier side.  The 52 HFC should be OK (I'll know for sure in about 3 hrs).  

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That's OK...the CCM fits her well, but still a little on the baggier side.  The 52 HFC should be OK (I'll know for sure in about 3 hrs).  

I didn’t think it would be an issue, really. But you never know. 

I had a goalie cut in that style and sold it, and it still haunts me. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I didn’t think it would be an issue, really. But you never know. 

I had a goalie cut in that style and sold it, and it still haunts me. 

Well it turned out to be much baggier than the CCM Verbeek…sleeves are too long.  As long as she cuffs them, all good though.  I think she’ll grow into it.