CANCELLED GDT: Devils vs. Isles 7PM (Preseason)

RunninWithTheDevil

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

He had surgery on his heel in the offseason. It’s possible that it is acting up

Man that would suck though, if that's still bothering him.

Bernier might be way more than a 1b if things keep trending in this direction.

43 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Man that would suck though, if that's still bothering him.

Bernier might be way more than a 1b if things keep trending in this direction.

I already think we will be seeing a lot of Bernier. 

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I already think we will be seeing a lot of Bernier. 

At this rate, I'm prepared for Bernier to be the #1, and Wedge as the #2.  

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Probably needed some more time to continue his research

/s

Any word of him getting hurt prior to this?  I don't recall seeing anything.

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/blackwood-held-out-after-unclear-covid-19-test--blog/c-326683312?fbclid=IwAR2PWrIaGlj-c2ZTJ69OCMxst7clp_SpXVyGAj2lK5H7v_JeUnX5sL6lVeg

This fvcking a$$hole is gonna derail the season with his bullsh!t. GET THE SHOT fvckFACE 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He's not vaccinated and that's one part of the battle, the other is how he (maybe)keeps catching it. Is he outside the arena licking the handrails? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I'm trying to respect DM here but it's impossible not to talk about.

How many times is this going to happen this year - and what if he misses a hugely important game as a result?

And fans who think this isn't already a major distraction are kidding themselves.

Letter Kenny Embarassing GIF - Letter Kenny Embarassing Fucking Embarassing  - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

He's not vaccinated and that's one part of the battle, the other is how he (maybe)keeps catching it. Is he outside the arena licking the handrails? 

So just to give him the benefit of the doubt - could've been a faulty test maybe, or.. who knows what.  Something not directly his fault.

Now, if it comes out that he didn't strictly adhere to the required protocols... bury him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm trying to respect DM here but it's impossible not to talk about.

How many times is this going to happen this year - and what if he misses a hugely important game as a result?

And fans who think this isn't already a major distraction are kidding themselves.

Letter Kenny Embarassing GIF - Letter Kenny Embarassing Fucking Embarassing  - Discover & Share GIFs

Oh it’s definitely a distraction. The rest of the team is vaccinated, Blackwood is not. I doubt if you gave them all truth serum that they’d be okay with that. Especially when we might be two months early arriving at the ‘Blackwood missing games’ concern. And god forbid this clown has it he might not even be able to get the vaccine for a few months after. Not to mention COVID 1.0 had such an effect on him, so now he’s playing Russian Roulette with COVID 2.0

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I’m sort of at the point where if DM wants to enforce this “no talking about vaccines” stance, I’m probably out.

This is a discussion forum. I’ve been called disgusting things on here because of hockey related discussions and I’ve done my fair share of name calling to. This topic is no different than any other topic that causes forum-wide vitriol and angst — in fact, I’d argue it’s even less controversial since 85%+ of this forum by my guess falls squarely on the side of “get your vaccine you fvcking neanderthal.” and frankly the 15% who fall on the other side can put us on ignore or call into Joe Rogan and complain about us. 

And maybe some of you would be happy to see me go, that’s just fine and dandy. But you know you’ll miss me. 

Honestly I can’t blame DM or anyone for trying to keep politics or general COVID talk out of the Blackwood discussion. It’s just all too fvcking divisive, never mind it involving the supposed franchise goalie of the team.

But I don’t envy him, since it’s also near damn impossible to divorce talking about Blackwood from talking about pro-vax/anti-vax stuff and the level of risk involved with the variant for a previously infected person to boot. It’s become too intertwined at this point for reasons that are better off discussed in the political forum.

• Like 2

Thank you Has. Look, I am not blind to what is going on with Blackwood. The problem with the vaccine discussion is that there is no discussion. Everyone has their political mind made up and if someone is not of the same opinion then they are sub human no matter which side they are on.

Personally, I can probably claim to be one of the first dozen on these forums to have been vaccinated because of my hospital employment, the vaccine works.

• Like 2

Yeah in my eyes it's become so divisive BECAUSE politics got attached to the vaccine discussion early (thank you 24/7 corporate news cycle), but this is simply an issue of public health. There are anti-vaxxers in both camps, far-right conspiracy types and liberal sage-burning yogi's as well. Idiots are idiots regardless of who you pull the lever for. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I disagree with you. I think there is obviously a political element -- but there is a civic duty to get this vaccine, and in this specific example there is a duty to your team, your teammates, your coaching staff, and your fans. 

I don't blame you for banning politics, but this isn't only about politics. 

Just to throw my two cents in here but this isnt even remotely political for me either, I know it's become political for a lot of people but I might be the only American on these boards that isn't registered to any party(I still vote just refuse to sign up for any party) so I don't have any skin in that game like a lot of others do. 

My outlook is that community events should be only attended for those in the community who are doing what's best for others in they community and themselves. It's been the biggest thing I've been pushing with the Devils front office staff. Ticket sales for the home opener have been quite meh so looks like there are a lot of others who feel similar in terms of not wanting to attend games. I'm really much more curious about the games after the home opener cause the home opener always has a larger crowd anyway. The front office better really hope they don't come out and sh!t the bed with an awful start. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

This also could become quite messy too if they get to the point that they suspend him without pay..

I'm morbidly curious about how this whole thing plays out if he were positive - does the PA get involved, are they obligated to defend him here, etc.