CANCELLED GDT: Devils vs. Isles 7PM (Preseason)

RunninWithTheDevil

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

I disagree with you. I think there is obviously a political element -- but there is a civic duty to get this vaccine, and in this specific example there is a duty to your team, your teammates, your coaching staff, and your fans. 

I don't blame you for banning politics, but this isn't only about politics. And I don't think they're all sub-human, but I do think they're responsible for the fact that I'm going to be waving a "welcome to the world Lucas" banner from the parking lot of the hospital when my first born son comes into the world instead of standing next to my wife.

I don't hate republicans, I hate aggressively stupid a$$holes.

*cue the BUT regulations and rules are immoral because the virus really isn't that bad crowd, and Blackwood has natural immunity because he already had the virus truthers.

I largely agree with your point it isn't just about politics but that doesn't mean there aren't other third rail issues involved.  I've seen it on other boards - whether it's Blackwood, Kane, Josh Archibald, etc it devolves every thread it touches into a debate over the merit of vaccines, natural immunity, fringe studies, what actual misinformation is and inevitably devolves into name-calling and insults from there.  And it never changes anyone's mind because everyone's so set in what they believe.  You and I can think certain people are totally nuts, gullible, whatever and they in turn think we're the sheep buying what's being peddled to us.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

You and I can think certain people are totally nuts, gullible, whatever and they in turn think we're the sheep buying what's being peddled to us.

Yes, they think we’re sheep because besides being gullible and/or insane, these people are also mind-numbingly stupid, on top of lacking any discernible amount of self awareness. And you know what they say about stupid- you can’t fix it. Mackenzie Blackwood is a fvcking moron. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

Thank you Has. Look, I am not blind to what is going on with Blackwood. The problem with the vaccine discussion is that there is no discussion. Everyone has their political mind made up and if someone is not of the same opinion then they are sub human no matter which side they are on.

Personally, I can probably claim to be one of the first dozen on these forums to have been vaccinated because of my hospital employment, the vaccine works.

Folks make lots of assumptions also. You know me and my history. I have to be careful because chronic issues and constant infections. 4 times I tried to get shot I was denied because I was on antibiotics or I wasn't over infection long enough. Being over 65 be damned! Now I am trying to get booster but not ok for Moderna yet. Blackwood had surgery.  Who knows what went on with that. I am taking no sides in this. Instead I will :e-drama:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StarDew said:

Folks make lots of assumptions also. You know me and my history. I have to be careful because chronic issues and constant infections. 4 times I tried to get shot I was denied because I was on antibiotics or I wasn't over infection long enough. Being over 65 be damned! Now I am trying to get booster but not ok for Moderna yet. Blackwood had surgery.  Who knows what went on with that. I am taking no sides in this. Instead I will :e-drama:

And, to be clear, we (society) should do the right thing here so that folks like yourself that cannot do so are protected. 

Folks like Blackwood and the like are putting your group at risk - but good luck trying to explain that. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MB3 said:

DM messaged me (apparently not privately, seems we have different definitions of that phrase!!) but it wasn’t a warning.

And if it was a warning, it should be made more clear. If talking about a NEW JERSEY DEVILS GOALIE MISSING A LARGE PERCENTAGE OF THE SEASON BECAUSE OF THE REFUSAL TO TAKE A VACCINE is a topic we’re not allowed to talk about, say so. 

Not you, little dude. DM. 

There's a difference between bring up that our goalie will miss time for wtv reasons. And assuming his stance, calling him names constantly and sh!tting on him for his decisions when we don't know what's going on exactly.. Big difference between talking about something and pushing an agenda.

I don't know and pretend i know what's in Blackwood's head. He said he wasn't against taking it. But my educated guess that would make sense is that his doctor is telling him that his natural antibodies he got from covid are offering a better protection long-term than the vaccine (some studies are suggesting just that) and the team telling him that he has to take the shot because of politics and rules, not based on health reasons. And he's stuck between the 2, having to take his time to make a decision. That's very very plausible scenario. So how 'bout we stop talking out of our asses until we actually know anything? How 'bout that? Seriously.

I won't engage anymore about this. I said what i had to say and this is the absolute last thing i'm gonna say about it.

Edited by SterioDesign

17 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Yeah you’ve nailed it, it’s much more likely that Blackwood’s doctor is the only healthcare professional in the world telling him not to get the vaccine. It’s absolutely ridiculous of me to assume he’s an impressionable idiot since his agent is currently representing the only other two NHL players who are unvaccinated / refusing the vaccine. 

Man I’m really ridiculous to jump to conclusions haha, thanks for pointing that out dude! There have to be dozens of other explanations. Maybe his mom told him that if he took the vaccine she’d write him out of the will! Maybe his friend has autism FROM the vaccine and definitely only from that!!! Maybe maybe maybe that guy on instagram he follows is correct and the vaccine is embedding him with a microchip and he’s the only woke one who sees it. OMFG! Maybe this is all a simulation?!?!?!? Dude i love this game, give me some of your maybes!!!!!!

The difference is that all im saying is that we don't know, so i decide not to comment on it until i have all the details, no point in projecting. All projection is doing is feeding your own narrative and ego. Which is obviously exactly what you're doing by claiming to know and keep posting about it even if DM asked us not to, countless times. And you keep challenging that you WILL post more about it. That what matters.

And for the record, Blackwood may just be an idiot too. I also don't know. But it serves no purpose at this point to bring it up other than creating a mess in here every time

Edited by SterioDesign

Just now, SterioDesign said:

The difference is that all im saying is that we don't know, so i decide not to comment on it until i have all the details, no point in projecting. While you claim to know and keep posting about it even if DM asked us not to, countless times. And you keep challenging that you WILL post more about it. That what matters.

I’ll say again, it’s disrespectful to do it after he told you not to. This isn’t your house, it’s a board he runs. He decides. The whole “it’s a discussion board” argument doesn’t mean you can discuss whatever you feel like. He sets the rules. And he rarely asks anyone not to post something or directs traffic in any manner. 

That said, he’s not unaware of what some folks are doing, so that’s all I need say. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1