Jump to content

21-22 Tickets and Prudential Center Discussion Thread


Satans Hockey
 Share

Recommended Posts

HF boards has this thread so might as well do one here. All tickets, season tickets, and arena discussions including covid related polices for the arena can go in here. The people who aren't interested in this discussion won't have to whine about it anymore. 

New policy announcement today is a farce. I can confirm no wrist bands are being handed out so people can just wear a mask in and then take it off once inside.

If you're a season ticket holder who isn't happy with this policy call your rep. New options have been announced and you can roll over your money to next year for the entire season and keep your seats or you can even take it month by month.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quoting @DevsMan84 to steer this conversation into this thread.... 

Quote

So I have been seeing some fans on social media moaning about the cashless policy.  In this day and age, is carrying cash still a preference?  If my wallet is stolen it is much easier to alert the CC companies about it and lose nothing rather than holding X amount of dollars that I would never get back.  Plus the arena is not the type of venue to give you a discount if you use cash or remove sales tax.

Personally I don't understand those fans either. I always charge everything simply because I get cash back. I know not everyone is great with credit cards but I just charge everything I can and then pay the full statement off every month. I earn a sh!t ton of cash back for literally doing nothing. I'll always have a tiny bit of cash on me just in case but that's it. 

I've only paid cash when I'm doing a project that involve more mom and pop type shops that are willing to knock off the tax if you pay in cash but in this day and age that's also becoming something that places can't even do anymore. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Quoting @DevsMan84 to steer this conversation into this thread.... 

Personally I don't understand there fans either. I always charge everything simply because I get cash back. I know not everyone is great with credit cards but I just charge everything I can and then pay the full statement off every month. I earn a sh!t ton of cash back for literally doing nothing. I'll always have a tiny bit of cash on me just in case but that's it. 

I've only paid cash when I'm doing a project that involve more mom and pop type shops that are willing to knock off the tax if you pay in cash but in this day and age that's also becoming something that places can't even do anymore. 

A lot of restaurants around here are now surcharging any credit card purchases, which is 3.9% so it kills my 2% cash back. So I just stick with cash. If I don’t have cash on me, then I charge and deal with the fee. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mfitz804 said:

A lot of restaurants around here are now surcharging any credit card purchases, which is 3.9% so it kills my 2% cash back. So I just stick with cash. If I don’t have cash on me, then I charge and deal with the fee. 

This a new thing cause of covid? I've never been big on going out to eat so have no idea. Same thing goes with the arena, I've always eaten before I go or I'll just eat when I get home because the prices are just absurd. 

I've been including the fan friendly concession stand options that Atlanta and a ton of other teams do now in every survey the Devils send but they somehow think their idea is better. I personally won't spend a dime on concessions until it's adopted. 

The Atlanta research proves that more people come inside earlier, spend more on concessions and then since they have money left over spend even more on merchandise because they don't feel like they are being taken advantage of. 

Give it a read... 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/03/06/were-evangelists-this-why-atlanta-falcons-are-selling-hot-dogs/

"But AMB is still making money, even though the profit margin on concessions is much slimmer. Sales volume increased by 50 percent after the price cuts, Beadles said. Ten percent of fans arrived an hour or earlier before kickoff of Falcons games, which led to a jump in pregame food sales and merchandise sales."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It started before Covid, but became more widespread now. Fair to say that most places around here are now applying the surcharge rather than not. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you thought that "cash back" was coming from credit card company generosity, I am sorry your bubble has broken. The vendor accepting the card is getting whacked for that cash back. So vendors price accordingly. The Federal Reserve is the only entity that creates cash, legallly. One way to think about it is that your vendor is kicking you back the 2% to get or keep your business, not the CC company. Gasoline retailers, who work on miniscule margins, have charged more for cc sales for decades; now that is trickling down to other businesses.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, point said:

If you thought that "cash back" was coming from credit card company generosity, I am sorry your bubble has broken. The vendor accepting the card is getting whacked for that cash back. So vendors price accordingly. The Federal Reserve is the only entity that creates cash, legallly. One way to think about it is that your vendor is kicking you back the 2% to get or keep your business, not the CC company. Gasoline retailers, who work on miniscule margins, have charged more for cc sales for decades; now that is trickling down to other businesses.

I definitely wasn't expecting it to be from the credit card companies generosity but most of things I charge don't have options for cheaper options for cash. Like the Devils for example don't have anything I'm aware of. They also use to let you pay in full and give you back a merch/food card with x amount on it. They stopped that so there's no benefit in paying in full. 

I also do most of my purchasing online so Amazon, etc etc don't have any options for cash anyway so at least I'm getting something back. It's still a nice chunk of money I'd never see otherwise. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Quoting @DevsMan84 to steer this conversation into this thread.... 

Personally I don't understand those fans either. I always charge everything simply because I get cash back. I know not everyone is great with credit cards but I just charge everything I can and then pay the full statement off every month. I earn a sh!t ton of cash back for literally doing nothing. I'll always have a tiny bit of cash on me just in case but that's it. 

I've only paid cash when I'm doing a project that involve more mom and pop type shops that are willing to knock off the tax if you pay in cash but in this day and age that's also becoming something that places can't even do anymore. 

Yeah I recently had enough cash back on my CC to pay for more than half of my latest car insurance premium bill.  I always pay on-time in full since I was 18 years old and now have a credit score of over 800.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

It's still a nice chunk of money I'd never see otherwise. 

This is exactly right, as long as the place involved doesn’t surcharge credit card purchases. I really don’t care if the vendor gets whacked, and the vendor shouldn’t either. It’s part of the process of accepting credit cards, which of course increases their business revenue. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

A lot of restaurants around here are now surcharging any credit card purchases, which is 3.9% so it kills my 2% cash back. So I just stick with cash. If I don’t have cash on me, then I charge and deal with the fee. 

I used to see them a lot at restaurants in NYC, but over the past 5-6 years the number of those places have declined.  I can't remember the last time I got charged extra in NYC at a restaurant for using a card or going to one that doesn't accept cards at all.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yeah I recently had enough cash back on my CC to pay for more than half of my latest car insurance premium bill.  I always pay on-time in full since I was 18 years old and now have a credit score of over 800.

Give me your social security number and I’ll double check that. 

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

I used to see them a lot at restaurants in NYC, but over the past 5-6 years the number of those places have declined.  I can't remember the last time I got charged extra in NYC at a restaurant for using a card or going to one that doesn't accept cards at all.

Staten Island is, in this respect and many others, it’s own universe. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, point said:

If you thought that "cash back" was coming from credit card company generosity, I am sorry your bubble has broken. The vendor accepting the card is getting whacked for that cash back. So vendors price accordingly. The Federal Reserve is the only entity that creates cash, legallly. One way to think about it is that your vendor is kicking you back the 2% to get or keep your business, not the CC company. Gasoline retailers, who work on miniscule margins, have charged more for cc sales for decades; now that is trickling down to other businesses.

My wife charges her clients CC and her processor charges the same % no matter what.  More likely it is the CC companies splitting that fee with the customers to attract more of them rather than hitting the business for more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Give me your social security number and I’ll double check that. 

Staten Island is, in this respect and many others, it’s own universe. 

lol sure.  It is 123-45-6789.

My mom still has the highest credit score I have ever seen.  About a year or two ago she went to the bank and they did a "hard pull" and her credit score was 847.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh man, don't get me started on churning those credit card bonuses.  Pre-COVID, the sign-up bonuses paid for at least one vacation a year.  Best I ever saw was Chase offering like $1500 to open a CSR.

If you have a great credit score (750+), use that weapon to your advantage.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I used to see them a lot at restaurants in NYC, but over the past 5-6 years the number of those places have declined.  I can't remember the last time I got charged extra in NYC at a restaurant for using a card or going to one that doesn't accept cards at all.

Funny enough this is actually why I carry some cash with me, I ended up at a restaurant in NYC, they had no signs anywhere that said anything about cash only, finished the meal and went to pay and on the side of the register was a tiny piece of paper that said cash only. It wasn't even a lot of money, maybe $35 total and I was upfront and said I only had like $20 so I said I'll mail the cash to you but I seriously don't have anything and of course I forgot my atm card so that wasn't even an option.

They gave me an attitude at first about it but let it go because I was obviously mortified and I promised I would mail them the rest, which I did with a nicer tip than I would have left normally and apologizing again. 

Always have carried some cash with me since and double check signs if I go into a restaurant that looks like it might not accept credit cards lol

Edited by Satans Hockey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As far as cashless at the Rock goes - if I was planning on attending games this year it wouldn't bother me.  Would've used my card for everything anyway.

Definitely seems generational, and I mean no offense to anyone here when I say that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

As far as cashless at the Rock goes - if I was planning on attending games this year it wouldn't bother me.  Would've used my card for everything anyway.

Definitely seems generational, and I mean no offense to anyone here when I say that.  

They also have reverse atms now so it's not like they aren't accepting cash at all, just making it an extra step for those people who want to use it. 

"For guests needing to convert cash to a card, Reverse ATMs are available with no fees by sections 1, 14, 125 and inside the Box Office Lobby." 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

"For guests needing to convert cash to a card, Reverse ATMs are available with no fees by sections 1, 14, 125 and inside the Box Office Lobby." 

Well, there you go.  Easy enough.

Though truth be told, this is the first time I've heard the term "reverse ATM" used.  So... you put in cash, and it spits out a temporary debit card or something?

Interesting

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone else mentioned it either here or HF boards that converting to cashless is more about saving money too, like that they don't have to worry about collecting cash and counting it at the end of the night, don't have to worry about people stealing it, and they don't have to pay for an cash moving company to move it from the arena to the banks. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Funny enough this is actually why I carry some cash with me, I ended up at a restaurant in NYC, they had no signs anywhere that said anything about cash only, finished the meal and went to pay and on the side of the register was a tiny piece of paper that said cash only. It wasn't even a lot of money, maybe $35 total and I was upfront and said I only had like $20 so I said I'll mail the cash to you but I seriously don't have anything and of course I forgot my atm card so that wasn't even an option.

They gave me an attitude at first about it but let it go because I was obviously mortified and I promised I would mail them the rest, which I did with a nicer tip than I would have left normally and apologizing again. 

Always have carried some cash with me since and double check signs if I go into a restaurant that looks like it might not accept credit cards lol

One place in the city I used to go to was cash only for the longest time.  They had an ATM on-site if needed, but the fees on that were crazy.

Eventually, they got themselves in dire straits when their landlord raised their rent significantly one year with little notice.  In a desperate move they started accepting CC but it was too little too late and thy closed for good about 5-6 years ago.  Frankly I think the landlord wanted them out as they were in that space for some time and over that period the space became way too valuable.  I think it is some retail chain now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Last time I did a hard pull, it was sore for like a week. 

That’s a good birth control method 🤣

20 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Well, there you go.  Easy enough.

Though truth be told, this is the first time I've heard the term "reverse ATM" used.  So... you put in cash, and it spits out a temporary debit card or something?

Interesting

Right?! That’s crazy lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those plastic bracelets that were the giveaway yesterday really should be axed. It's an absolute waste of money and the vast majority are being tossed right into the garbage. Just doesn't seem worth the waste for people to use them for a whopping like 3 minutes during the pre-game with some flashing lights. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.