21-22 Tickets and Prudential Center Discussion Thread

Satans Hockey

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Can we hear from some people who were at the game what it was like? Was there enforcement of the mask policy? Or was it basically “wear it if you feel like it”? 

None. Lady asked me when I was entering ‘are you vaccinated?’ No asking for proof or anything. It was a joke. Anyone can just say yes and go on their merry way. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Those plastic bracelets that were the giveaway yesterday really should be axed. It's an absolute waste of money and the vast majority are being tossed right into the garbage. Just doesn't seem worth the waste for people to use them for a whopping like 3 minutes during the pre-game with some flashing lights. 

Seriously. Give me a magnetic schedule or something instead.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

None. Lady asked me when I was entering ‘are you vaccinated?’ No asking for proof or anything. It was a joke. Anyone can just say yes and go on their merry way. 

As expected, there's no point even showing it when you can just walk in with a mask and take it off as soon as you hit the escalators anyway. Is what it is. 

• Like 2

Yeah I was trying to bring up the photo of my card on my phone to show them and apparently it took too long so the guy just waved me on.  There were like 5-10% of the people there wearing masks.  Going to assume the rest were vaccinated.

10 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Yeah I was trying to bring up the photo of my card on my phone to show them and apparently it took too long so the guy just waved me on.  There were like 5-10% of the people there wearing masks.  Going to assume the rest were vaccinated.

That’s comedy gold. 

Yeah had a photo of my vax card but it could’ve been a photo of a library card for all of the “scrutiny” they gave it.

Saw the post about the lack of open concession stands, but as we were in the loft, I didn’t notice that.  I told my daughter that we’re going to start having pre-game meals elsewhere…maybe a snack during games, but for now, done with club and loft seats.  

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah had a photo of my vax card but it could’ve been a photo of a library card for all of the “scrutiny” they gave it.

Saw the post about the lack of open concession stands, but as we were in the loft, I didn’t notice that.  I told my daughter that we’re going to start having pre-game meals elsewhere…maybe a snack during games, but for now, done with club and loft seats.  

What happened? I thought you were a big club/loft guy?

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

What happened? I thought you were a big club/loft guy?

The seats are still great.  I posted in the GDT…the food quality has taken too big of a hit.  Many offerings are now individually wrapped (of course I get this fully), and they’re much less “fresh”.  There was a carving and pasta station, and they were definitely solid…but I don’t feel like the whole package is still worth its price point (though there’s often deals to be had on Stubhub).  Still planning to going to a number of games, but in different areas.

We pregamed on Ferry St. and ended up hitting up a sweet tapas and cocktail bar for some post games while walking back to the car.  Can't beat the food surrounding the Rock.  I stopped getting grub at the arena when they decided to get rid of Jimmy Buff's.

5 minutes ago, Crisis said:

We pregamed on Ferry St. and ended up hitting up a sweet tapas and cocktail bar for some post games while walking back to the car.  Can't beat the food surrounding the Rock.  I stopped getting grub at the arena when they decided to get rid of Jimmy Buff's.

Yeah I think that’s the next route…hitting the restaurants right around the Rock.  

Wow that ceiling is really bad (if you click on the photo, you will see just how bad the damage really is).  That’s the kind of thing you get taken care of very VERY quickly.

Overall, I still think The Rock is a fine building and a great place to watch hockey, but parts of it are ready for some TLC and refreshing.  The former Fire and Ice Lounges have been discussed…those designs never looked as cool as the renderings did and they wound up feeling plastic, cheap and dated rather quickly, but their “safer” replacements are bland and sterile to a fault.  I haven’t been in the bathrooms lately, but they’ve been a sore spot for a while now.  Not sure if that was ever addressed.

• Like 2

And as for those Sumo dogs…pretty sure that unless you have a digestive tract made of cast iron, it’s going to get very ugly very quickly.  I’ve never been a dressed-to-the-nines hot dog guy anyway…I like ‘em completely plain…two dogs on one bun, to cut down on unnecessary carbs.  

The arena needs a refresh in the food department, our owners put money into some decent things like the audio/visual but really need to uplif the food/the way food is done. WE're way behind the other building in terms of quality and process - I just wonder if the margins are too small and they're just like f it.

I was at a game a few seasons ago and a few ceiling tiles fell 50-60 feet and smashed into the "blank" section where they put the giant vinyl devils logo. Sounded so loud I thought a bomb was going off, imagine if they fell on someone in the audience

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Shocking 1

13 hours ago, HellOnICE said:

I think the extent to at which Vanderbeek was broke and cut corners in various parts of the building is coming to roost now.

I have a feeling that is what has lead to this.  I wonder if JVB burned so many bridges with vendors, including the concessions one, that very few others would ever want to be in there no matter who is in charge.

FWIW, my brother is the general manager of a custom office furniture manufacturer.  A year or two ago the Devils hired them to make a custom conference room table.  They delivered, but the hoops they put his company through to collect on the invoice was crazy.  I can provide more details, but that would have to be via PM.  He also learned from others in the same industry who have worked with the Devils in the past that is this a very common thing for the Devils, even with these new owners.

16 hours ago, HellOnICE said:

I think the extent to at which Vanderbeek was broke and cut corners in various parts of the building is coming to roost now.

The building is 14 years old and has had tons of use.  It's not the cutting corners of construction that is the biggest problem, its the lack of repairs or regular maintenance over the years that is the issue.  We've had a leak above our seats since Sandy happened in 2012.  Every time there is a heavy rain, water drips down on our seats.  Over the last 9 years, the only thing they have done to rectify the problem is replace the ceiling tiles when they get saturated to the point that they fall on the seats below (luckily we have never been in them when the tiles fell).  Now, they have completely given up and have installed these wire mesh grills in place of where the ceiling tiles should go.  So now there is nothing to stop the water from literally raining down on us during a game when there is inclement weather outside.   

Same thing with the bathrooms.  Plumbing needs to be fixed, fixtures replaced, etc, but it is all left to rot throughout the course of the season before any repairs are made.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

The building is 14 years old and has had tons of use.  It's not the cutting corners of construction that is the biggest problem, its the lack of repairs or regular maintenance over the years that is the issue.  We've had a leak above our seats since Sandy happened in 2012.  Every time there is a heavy rain, water drips down on our seats.  Over the last 9 years, the only thing they have done to rectify the problem is replace the ceiling tiles when they get saturated to the point that they fall on the seats below (luckily we have never been in them when the tiles fell).  Now, they have completely given up and have installed these wire mesh grills in place of where the ceiling tiles should go.  So now there is nothing to stop the water from literally raining down on us during a game when there is inclement weather outside.   

Same thing with the bathrooms.  Plumbing needs to be fixed, fixtures replaced, etc, but it is all left to rot throughout the course of the season before any repairs are made.  

Do you like your seats THAT much that you haven’t moved them despite that issue?