21-22 Tickets and Prudential Center Discussion Thread

Satans Hockey

• 3 weeks later...

A real shame they aren't doing a physical coat drive as I would assume more people definitely donate coats this way than they will via a monetary donation. Donating a coat knowing it will end up with someone who needs it vs giving money and not really knowing where that ends up. This has the option of a $30 donation for 2 tickets or a $50 donation for 4 tickets. 

I guess it's something covid related preventing it but I really have no clue as it's usually just putting a jacket into a giant box and people hand you a voucher.

I don't care about the lack of voucher cards nor need more tickets to games, just hope this isn't hurting the amount of coats they actually collect. I hope they aren't doing this for the food drive this year too... 

https://www.nhl.com/devils/community/coat-drive?utm_source=njd_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=memberinsider

Edited by Satans Hockey

12 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

A real shame they aren't doing a physical coat drive as I would assume more people definitely donate coats this way than they will via a monetary donation. Donating a coat knowing it will end up with someone who needs it vs giving money and not really knowing where that ends up. This has the option of a $30 donation for 2 tickets or a $50 donation for 4 tickets. 

I guess it's something covid related preventing it but I really have no clue as it's usually just putting a jacket into a giant box and people hand you a voucher.

I don't care about the lack of voucher cards nor need more tickets to games, just hope this isn't hurting the amount of coats they actually collect. I hope they aren't doing this for the food drive this year too... 

https://www.nhl.com/devils/community/coat-drive?utm_source=njd_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=memberinsider

That actually is a shame.

13 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

You are 100% right.  Things like the coat drive/canned food drive should not be stopped due to Covid.  Its for a good cause and should directly benefit people in need.  I'm always leary of donating money to ubiquitous organizations because usually the people in need get pennies on every dollar donated, with the rest going to things like "administrative costs."

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yeah pretty much expected this would happen.  Was only a matter of time.  

On 12/23/2021 at 10:21 PM, Satans Hockey said:

That’s terrible. I had bought tickets to the Canadiens game on the 23rd, which was postponed, and now I won’t be taking my kids because of the vax rule. Hope I can get a full refund. 

31 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

That’s terrible. I had bought tickets to the Canadiens game on the 23rd, which was postponed, and now I won’t be taking my kids because of the vax rule. Hope I can get a full refund. 

Refunds have been available for other events when entry rules were changed so a refund shouldn't be an issue. 

On 12/23/2021 at 10:21 PM, Satans Hockey said:

What a fvcking joke this is. Good thing the team isn’t worth spending any money to go see live anyway.they can all go blow themselves now.

Yeah I'm pretty bummed about this too.  I had tickets to take my kids to Monster Jam at the end of January but my 6 year old isn't vax'd (he currently has covid), and I don't plan on getting it for him at this particular point in time.  Guess I'm getting a refund.

18 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Prudential Center just made it official.

Starting 1/10/21, all guests five years and older must be vaccinated and masked the entire time.  You need at least 1 dose to attend.

Starting 2/10/21, all guests five years and older must have at least two doses and masked to attend games.

Yup, I really don't think attendance will be affected by this as much, MSG and UBS haven't if it's something people want to see, if anything the awful on ice product is going to be the main thing keeping people away. 

I know you're not big on the owners and I'm whatever on them but the front office has come around and handled all of this better than they started with. I was able to just skip this season entirely and keep my seats and have my money pushed over to next season. I'm hoping the 22-23 season will be more normal. 

I'm glad these rules are in now but I'm still happy I just had everything rolled over, between what's going on off the ice and their play on the ice, I simply just can't justify going this season. 

Here's the full email they just sent out...

We would like to update you on the new entry policy, beginning on January 10, 2022, for all Prudential Center & New Jersey Devils events as a result of requirements imposed by the City of Newark.

To comply with the Mayor of Newark’s recent Executive Order, all guests aged five (5) and older entering Prudential Center will be required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. This policy will go into effect starting with the Devils’ home game against the Tampa Bay Lightning on January 10, 2022. Additionally, the city of Newark’s previous order requiring all guests to wear masks throughout events, unless actively eating or drinking, will remain in effect.

Upon entry between January 10 and February 9, all guests must show proof of having received at least one COVID-19 vaccination dose. Fans attending events on or after February 10 must show proof of being fully vaccinated (two doses of an approved two-dose vaccine or one dose of an approved one-dose vaccine). Proof of vaccination can be provided via display of an actual vaccination card, a complete picture of the card or an online digital vaccination record, along with an accompanying photo identification for those age 18 and older. Exemptions will be provided to those guests who provide a certification signed by the guest and a licensed healthcare provider certifying that receiving an approved vaccine would be detrimental to the health of the guest and that the healthcare provider has medically advised the guest not to receive any vaccine. 

Prudential Center’s priority is to ensure the health and safety of all patrons, staff, players, artists and partners at all of our events. Entry protocols are subject to change based on additional mandates imposed by local government and health officials. For complete Prudential Center health and safety protocols, as well as specific questions regarding the City’s policy, please visit PruCenter.com/safety. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Yup, I really don't think attendance will be affected by this as much, MSG and UBS haven't if it's something people want to see, if anything the awful on ice product is going to be the main thing keeping people away. 

I know you're not big on the owners and I'm whatever on them but the front office has come around and handled all of this better than they started with. I was able to just skip this season entirely and keep my seats and have my money pushed over to next season. I'm hoping the 22-23 season will be more normal. 

I'm glad these rules are in now but I'm still happy I just had everything rolled over, between what's going on off the ice and their play on the ice, I simply just can't justify going this season. 

I wouldn't give them too much props for this.  They were forced to do this as Baraka signed the mandate that begins on 1/10/22.  If it wasn't for that mandate they would likely have kept the current policy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I wouldn't give them too much props for this.  They were forced to do this as Baraka signed the mandate that begins on 1/10/22.  If it wasn't for that mandate they would likely have kept the current policy.

Oh no I agree with that, that's why they clearly say mandated by Newark. I should have been more clear, I meant how they handled season ticket holders from the beginning when they weren't going to originally let people keep their seats and roll over money for sths vs to changing their stance on allowing it.