Jump to content

21-22 Tickets and Prudential Center Discussion Thread


Satans Hockey
 Share

Recommended Posts

Not sure why the Devils aren't doing some sort of giveaway for their first ever game against the Seattle Kraken.  I used to like those "First Encounter" pins they gave out back in the 90's whenever we first played one of the new expansion teams.

IIRC, they didn't do anything either when they first played the Vegas Golden Knights.  A bit of a missed opportunity if you ask me.  Especially since they are doing a whole lot of other giveaways already this season.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Not sure why the Devils aren't doing some sort of giveaway for their first ever game against the Seattle Kraken.  I used to like those "First Encounter" pins they gave out back in the 90's whenever we first played one of the new expansion teams.

IIRC, they didn't do anything either when they first played the Vegas Golden Knights.  A bit of a missed opportunity if you ask me.  Especially since they are doing a whole lot of other giveaways already this season.

Think I still have a Panthers and a Ducks pin lying around somewhere.  But yeah another "First Encounter" pin would've been cool.  Going to that game tomorrow night (with my daughter of course).  First time sitting at a Grand Concourse Terrace Table.  So far the other two "seats" at the table are still available (hoping it stays that way, unless anyone from here would want to snag those other two seats).  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I was at both of those games and definitely have (or had) those pins somewhere also.

Same, was there for both.  I know those pins are hiding somewhere...don't remember ever throwing them away.  

I remember when we moved to my current house back in 2012, somehow my Niedermayer retirement night mini-banner somehow disappeared.  Sucked having to buy that on ebay.  I have no idea where it possibly could've gone to.  

And speaking of retirement nights, apparently the tix for Lundqvist's ceremony (happens in January) are outrageously expensive.  Was at a haunted hayride with a Rags fan (his daughter and my daughter have been friends for several years, so the dads took them), and he said the cheapest ones he could find were for $2k or so.  Oh well.  The real #30 in the area has already been retired.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Same, was there for both.  I know those pins are hiding somewhere...don't remember ever throwing them away.  

I remember when we moved to my current house back in 2012, somehow my Niedermayer retirement night mini-banner somehow disappeared.  Sucked having to buy that on ebay.  I have no idea where it possibly could've gone to.  

And speaking of retirement nights, apparently the tix for Lundqvist's ceremony (happens in January) are outrageously expensive.  Was at a haunted hayride with a Rags fan (his daughter and my daughter have been friends for several years, so the dads took them), and he said the cheapest ones he could find were for $2k or so.  Oh well.  The real #30 in the area has already been retired.  

Mine were left in my parents' house. Despite the fact that they probably have everything they ever owned, it seems any of my "stuff' that was left behind has since disappeared, with a "we didn't do anything with it". 

I am sure those tickets will be very expensive. Make sure you bring your own drinks, because there won't be any Cups available....

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was just telling my 23 yr old daughter about those pins, when the Devils played a new team for the 1st time. I know I still have them too, but not sure where. I agree, missed opp, especially a midweek game. So many collectors who'd find an interest...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, eldon said:

Was just telling my 23 yr old daughter about those pins, when the Devils played a new team for the 1st time. I know I still have them too, but not sure where. I agree, missed opp, especially a midweek game. So many collectors who'd find an interest...

…and so many more to wind up on eBay. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Same, was there for both.  I know those pins are hiding somewhere...don't remember ever throwing them away.  

I remember when we moved to my current house back in 2012, somehow my Niedermayer retirement night mini-banner somehow disappeared.  Sucked having to buy that on ebay.  I have no idea where it possibly could've gone to.  

And speaking of retirement nights, apparently the tix for Lundqvist's ceremony (happens in January) are outrageously expensive.  Was at a haunted hayride with a Rags fan (his daughter and my daughter have been friends for several years, so the dads took them), and he said the cheapest ones he could find were for $2k or so.  Oh well.  The real #30 in the area has already been retired.  

I  still remember the big collective crying/complaining on social media from Devils fans who were upset that tickets in the nosebleeds for the Brodeur retirement night were running about $150ish.  Apparently "real fans" were being priced out by other greedy fans/team/brokers.  Never mind it was the retirement night for arguably the most important player in the team's history.  How dare it not be the same $15 stubhub price as any regular mid-week game in February against a non-rival Western Conference team!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I  still remember the big collective crying/complaining on social media from Devils fans who were upset that tickets in the nosebleeds for the Brodeur retirement night were running about $150ish.  Apparently "real fans" were being priced out by other greedy fans/team/brokers.  Never mind it was the retirement night for arguably the most important player in the team's history.  How dare it not be the same $15 stubhub price as any regular mid-week game in February against a non-rival Western Conference team!

I tried last minute to get seats and couldn't find anything even in the $150 range. I totally dropped the ball on that night and I have huge regret about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I  still remember the big collective crying/complaining on social media from Devils fans who were upset that tickets in the nosebleeds for the Brodeur retirement night were running about $150ish.  Apparently "real fans" were being priced out by other greedy fans/team/brokers.  Never mind it was the retirement night for arguably the most important player in the team's history.  How dare it not be the same $15 stubhub price as any regular mid-week game in February against a non-rival Western Conference team!

It's a once-in-a-lifetime event, as far as your "sports life" goes...most people should expect that there's going to be a serious premium put on tix, first by the Devils themselves, and then of course they'll be even more of one added on by secondary brokers.

I went by myself and didn't have to pay anything too too steep (pretty sure it was under $200), in the grand scheme...think it helped that I bought a single.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I tried last minute to get seats and couldn't find anything even in the $150 range. I totally dropped the ball on that night and I have huge regret about it. 

I got my tickets for $70 each in the 200's in the small window between when the date was rumored and when it was officially confirmed by the team.  I got lucky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

I got my tickets for $70 each in the 200's in the small window between when the date was rumored and when it was officially confirmed by the team.  I got lucky.

I should have been more aggressive.

Side note, I had dinner the night before the game with a guy who is somehow involved with security at the Rock, and he had just come from giving his last pair of tickets he had available to someone. He made calls for me right from the table, and was unable to deliver any additional tickets. 

So I watched from home, like a loser lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It's a once-in-a-lifetime event, as far as your "sports life" goes...most people should expect that there's going to be a serious premium put on tix, first by the Devils themselves, and then of course they'll be even more of one added on by secondary brokers.

I went by myself and didn't have to pay anything too too steep (pretty sure it was under $200), in the grand scheme...think it helped that I bought a single.  

It was about $150ish for a bit in the months leading up to the game in the 200 corners and the "real fans can't go!" crap was rampant across all social media.

Same thing happened albeit on a smaller scale with Elias night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

At least you didn't leave the game early for a beer league hockey game like SOMEONE here I sold tickets to... 🤣🤣🤣

I don't ever leave early. I have listened in the car to the Devils tie and then win a game I left when they were 3 goals down. Never want to do that again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I  still remember the big collective crying/complaining on social media from Devils fans who were upset that tickets in the nosebleeds for the Brodeur retirement night were running about $150ish.  Apparently "real fans" were being priced out by other greedy fans/team/brokers.  Never mind it was the retirement night for arguably the most important player in the team's history.  How dare it not be the same $15 stubhub price as any regular mid-week game in February against a non-rival Western Conference team!

People complained about Elias night too and the prices really weren't that bad either. I was even able to get seats with a better spot of the ceremony than my normal seats and the face value wasn't anything crazy. 

We realistically shouldn't be having another retirement jersey night anytime in the next 10-15 seasons. We would need something like Hughes or Nico to win a cup and be here for quite some time.

Way too many what ifs and possibilities of never even seeing another jersey retirement unless the team is trying to just milk some money for a special night by retiring players numbers who really don't deserve it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

It was about $150ish for a bit in the months leading up to the game in the 200 corners and the "real fans can't go!" crap was rampant across all social media.

Same thing happened albeit on a smaller scale with Elias night.

Real fans would figure out a way to pay $150, imho. Beg, borrow, steal, or put it on plastic. 

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

People complained about Elias night too and the prices really weren't that bad either. I was even able to get seats with a better spot of the ceremony than my normal seats and the face value wasn't anything crazy. 

We realistically shouldn't be having another retirement jersey night anytime in the next 10-15 seasons. We would need something like Hughes or Nico to win a cup and be here for quite some time.

Way too many what ifs and possibilities of never even seeing another jersey retirement unless the team is trying to just milk some money for a special night by retiring players numbers who really don't deserve it. 

Wait, no Jacob Josefson Night??

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

It was about $150ish for a bit in the months leading up to the game in the 200 corners and the "real fans can't go!" crap was rampant across all social media.

Same thing happened albeit on a smaller scale with Elias night.

I was up in a corner...I don't remember where I bought the ticket, but I do remember being pleasantly surprised that the one I was able to nab wasn't crazy.  I would've spent $400 to go (and that would've been tough to do at the time).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Real fans would figure out a way to pay $150, imho. Beg, borrow, steal, or put it on plastic. 

Wait, no Jacob Josefson Night??

We had all that Parise talk before he ran home to play with Suter.

But yea, until we start winning cups again, I’d have to think we’re done raising retirement banners.    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

People complained about Elias night too and the prices really weren't that bad either. I was even able to get seats with a better spot of the ceremony than my normal seats and the face value wasn't anything crazy. 

We realistically shouldn't be having another retirement jersey night anytime in the next 10-15 seasons. We would need something like Hughes or Nico to win a cup and be here for quite some time.

Way too many what ifs and possibilities of never even seeing another jersey retirement unless the team is trying to just milk some money for a special night by retiring players numbers who really don't deserve it. 

It was a chunk of change but not terrible getting tickets for the Elias number retirement. I got a couple in the lower bowl for a not-to-terrible amount from what I remember. But, like you said, no one else was getting retired anytime soon. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Do you like your seats THAT much that you haven’t moved them despite that issue?

The teams does the right thing by moving us to other comparable or better seats whenever there is an issue.  In the past, it was like once or twice per season (nothing so far this year).  They definitely take care of us when this happens, so it's not something I make a big deal out of since all we do is go to guest services and get moved for that game. 

I like our seats and the people we are sitting near.  We have a crazy schedule and can only get to 1/2 the games (at most).  The tickets are cheap and relatively easy to re-sell, so I haven't really looked to move.  My point simply was that the arena apparently sustained roof damage during Sandy and here we are, 9 years later, and it still hasn't been fixed.  I know for a fact that there were other roof leaks effecting other sections of the arena that were not fixed as of the 2019-20 season.  That's just 1 example of poor maintenance practices for a major facility such as this.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It was a chunk of change but not terrible getting tickets for the Elias number retirement. I got a couple in the lower bowl for a not-to-terrible amount from what I remember. But, like you said, no one else was getting retired anytime soon. 

I missed Elias' ceremony in person...had already booked a Disney cruise.  That's the only one I missed.  The ceremonies got better and better as they went...Brodeur's and Elias' ceremonies were first-class events, all the way.  

EDIT:  Duh, I missed Stevens' as well.  A source fell through, and I simply couldn't afford it at the time.  Went to Dano's, Nieds', and Marty's.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went to the Stevens one...  got it off Ticketmaster, $70 - section 213 in the old CAA.   (Kept the stub)


For the rest, I realized I really don't like ceremonies and just collect things.   So I just buy the banners and bobbleheads as they come out on Ebay.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.