The 2021-22 (Bold) Predictions Thread

NJDfan1711

A thread to have a little fun.  We can start now with some predictions - they don't have to be bold, but if they are that makes it interesting - and as the season evolves make more predictions along the way.  It can be Devils-related or not, feel free to make predictions about other teams/players as well.

I have a few:

Hughes tallies 60+ pts

Hamilton scores 20 goals

Blackwood has 7 shutouts

Our PK finishes above 82%

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MB3 said:

The Devils host and win a first round playoff series, eventually losing to the Islanders in the second round in 6 games. 

Oh man if we ended up playing the Islanders in the playoffs I think a lot more Devils fans would be on the same page as some of us who have been saying for awhile that the Islanders fan base is absolutely obnoxious to be around at games.

56 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

This team is in the playoff hunt for the better part of the year.

This one's more selfish than anything else... I don't want Devils hockey to be meaningless by December anymore.

I don’t think that’s a bold prediction. It better fvcking not be, anyway.

Bernier gets at least 40 starts. 

Zacha continues to solidify his offensive game and becomes an important PP guy getting rebounds and open shots from teams over-covering Hamilton  

Holtz gets 15 games and builds on his preseason putting in a few goals. 

Johnsson doesn’t play 20 straight games and  no one notices  

Severson and Subban look much better playing normal minutes but our lack of right shooting D-men becomes a problem when one gets injured

Miles Wood gets lost in the shuffle and becomes the guy in all the trade rumors  

Edited by Devil Dan 56

On 10/14/2021 at 9:44 AM, MB3 said:

Severson, since he’s now not being counted on to be a number one defenseman, finally becomes the forum favorite that he deserves to be. CR instead calls Ryan Graves “minus man” because he sees the most difficult minutes, and I have an aneurism. 

I think Graves will fare better than Severson will in more difficult minutes.  It wasn't all Severson's fault...you don't ask a slow runner to go out and finish in the top 3 in a track meet (not saying Sevs is slow, just that when people are not put in at least a decent position to succeed, they often won't).  Like many players on bad teams, he was asked to do more than he was capable of...doesn't mean he hasn't had plenty of frustrating, unforced "WTF?!" moments during his time here though.  But as a second or third-pairing guy, he has a chance to do the job.

My bold prediction:  Severson finishes the season with a +1 rating.  At which point he will become "The Plus Master".   

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

"Amanda Stein is fired"

While I won't be sad or upset if that happened, it wouldn't change things.  The team would just hire another stooge to take her place to report on what they want to report when they want to report it.

Frankly, I would be far happier if Weber and Reynolds were fired and replaced with guys who aren't empty suits.

• Like 2

I think we'll start the season strong and do better than many around the league expect.

But once teams have videos on our game and start to know us a bit better and that the league goes in 2nd gear after christmas i think we're gonna start struggling more as we're the youngest team in the league and still learning.

Injuries will also plague this season

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

I think we'll start the season strong and do better than many around the league expect.

But once teams have videos on our game and start to know us a bit better and that the league goes in 2nd gear after christmas i think we're gonna start struggling more as we're the youngest team in the league and still learning.

Injuries will also plague this season

That was a very bold prediction

We are a young team but were not babies now. Brat nico jack zacha are vets. We better not hit a wall. I want constant improvement

We will have 5 20+ goal scorers but zero 30. Jack has 27

we miss the playoffs by 1 or 2pts

Graves and mfitz form a "CARS" tribute band with Ryan playing the part of Rick ocasic