GDT: It’s finally our turn! Devils vs Blackhawks - 15 Oct - 7p (Eastern)

jagknife

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I feel like if Hughes does have a breakout season and really establishes himself as one of the elite young names of the game, that stick-toss celly is going to be one of the most iconic clips in Devils history

I’m expecting 164 goals now. 

Just now, DevilMinder said:

I've watched this 15x already, what a goal!

I’m almost sad for the rookie goalie, who is probably in the locker room with a doll showing the trainer where the bad man hurt him. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Not for nothing, how do you determine who “gets” Jack’s stick, I have to imagine quite a few people got their hands on it. Do they just have to stay there until someone lets go? Or does the strongest guy just rip it out of their hands, likely smacking a half dozen people with it along the way?

The camera should have definitely stayed with the  stick 🏒

In light of all of the unpleasantries of the last week or two, I wanted to mention it’s damn nice watching Devils hockey with you all again. 

Well, other than the dude who blocked me lol 

Just now, pumpkin cutter said:

lol glad someone else noticed that. such a perfect description though

Yeah my man was definitely think about a handy lol. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

right after his assist. On the bench it appeared like the trainer was telling him that he got the puck and would mark it and i think Mercer told him "No no it's his goal he can have that puck", pointing at johnsson. And the trainer said something back probably telling him that johnsson didn't need that puck and that he was getting it and Mercer just got a huge smile and went "oh okay nice"

Totally paraphrasing and guessing but it appeared to be something like that. Great kid. 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, MB3 said:

i agree that it’s absolutely ridiculous that the referees awarded a 4 minute double minor for a run of the mill high stick that didn’t draw blood. 

What really pissed me off about that was ALL of the times the refs couldn’t look the other way fast enough when a Devil was high-sticked (and even bleeding as a result).  It’s happened plenty.  And I’m just sick of the Devils getting fvcked.  Enough is enough already.

But Hughes…holy sh!t.  And so so SO glad they found a way.  I’ll take wins in any form.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

What really pissed me off about that was ALL of the times the refs couldn’t look the other way fast enough when a Devil was high-sticked (and even bleeding as a result).  It’s happened plenty.  And I’m just sick of the Devils getting fvcked.  Enough is enough already.

But Hughes…holy sh!t.  And so so SO glad they found a way.  I’ll take wins in any form.

I'm pretty confident this is a situation that's happening all the time that goes both ways generally but as fans we tend to only remember when it's going against us and when it goes our way we forget about it 15 seconds later lol 

Just now, SterioDesign said:

I'm pretty confident this is a situation that's happening all the time that goes both ways generally but as fans we tend to only remember when it's going against us and when it goes our way we forget about it 15 seconds later lol 

I hate to sound tinfoil hat, but man it sure seems like the Devils have wound up on the short end a lot.  Not saying that they NEVER get breaks, but it still feels lopsided enough where I notice it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I hate to sound tinfoil hat, but man it sure seems like the Devils have wound up on the short end a lot.  Not saying that they NEVER get breaks, but it still feels lopsided enough where I notice it.

I 100% agree that it feels like that. But guaranteed you ask any fan of any team around the league and they'll tell you the same exact thing haha Well i'd guess anyway