GDT: It’s finally our turn! Devils vs Blackhawks - 15 Oct - 7p (Eastern)

jagknife

Saw so many comments online about people not liking the new PA guy, hope he just stays off social media or just ignores whatever hate comes his way.

I never got the fascination some had about Kevin Clark and this new guy doesn't bother me at all. I thought he was fine tonight, just not something I can muster up any enthusiasm to care about either way. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Saw so many comments online about people not liking the new PA guy, hope he just stays off social media or just ignores whatever hate comes his way.

I never got the fascination some had about Kevin Clark and this new guy doesn't bother me at all. I thought he was fine tonight, just not something I can muster up any enthusiasm to care about either way. 

Agree, I thought he was actually quite solid.  I have no issues with him at all.

On a side note, unless you can get loft seats for less than face, I say it’s currently not worth it.  Many items are now individually wrapped (understandable of course), and quite a few of those (like chicken fingers, sliders, etc) have taken a hit in quality.  The carving stations are still quite solid though.  I probably won’t snag loft seats again until things go back to full normal (whenever that may be).

Just grabbed tix for Tues (Grand Concourse Table Lounge)…will be fun to see the Devils take on a brand-new team.  LGMFD!!!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Whos  the new pa is it frank? I saw the post on their fb page with the top 3 but they never showed who got it

Edited by Devils01

18 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

My daughter hated him. 

Just re-watched the goal for the 50th time and finally paid attention to the Hawks players.

Interesting thing to notice as Hughes as been compared to Kane a bit cause Kane really helped here 

And not to take any credits away from an incredible play from Jack. But Pat Kane couldnt have played this defensively any worst lol He did backchecked, so A for the effort but instead of blocking Jack's skating lane and using his stick and slow down to stay in the way and block anything.. player... pass... shot.... he basically just.... skated right by him and took himself out of the play lol terrible play. If this was Bergeron, Kopitar, Danault or anyone competent defensively this goal might not be happening lol

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

i said this before and it just needs to be repeated: watch the replay and ONLY look at jack’s footwork. 

there are zero players with edgework like that. he looks like barry sanders in cleats on turf. 

He’s an elite skater, I’ve been saying it all along. ;) 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

right after his assist. On the bench it appeared like the trainer was telling him that he got the puck and would mark it and i think Mercer told him "No no it's his goal he can have that puck", pointing at johnsson. And the trainer said something back probably telling him that johnsson didn't need that puck and that he was getting it and Mercer just got a huge smile and went "oh okay nice"

Totally paraphrasing and guessing but it appeared to be something like that. Great kid. 

Probably thought he was helping out a fellow rookie collect his first NHL goal puck. Then remembered who it was. Then still had to check if it was his first NHL goal.  

5shY3KMrXUs.jpg?size=1134x301&quality=96&sign=0e271abfc25de82c1b6abba7fca3137d&type=album

It`s too sad Mcleod didn`t catch a point. He did start in defensive zone all the time(1 time in OZ, 8 time in DZ) and his line were positive. Couple of good shot chances, i think 5 great passes and some was on breakaways. Luck wasn`t on his side this night.
Anyway Kane end this game with -3 and Devils win it. 
This is awesome to see first NHL point from Mercer in his first game. There is a big potential in here.

• Like 1

A poster on HF said that Hughes might have thrown the stick to her intentionally which makes the story even better, he said... 

"I saw the young girl who caught the stick carrying it after the game. Her brother thinks Hughes saw his sister holding up a birthday sign and intended to throw the stick to her." 

FByOLi3WUAALcVh?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Yeah she was on the big screen during warmups (holding the sign).  Cool that she was the one who got it…bet she never expected in a million years that she’d actually get his stick.

When my daughter was a bit younger, she made a cardboard sign, with a hole cut out for her face…the sign said “This girl would like a puck please”.  It paid off after four or five games…during warmups for Military Night, Sami Vatanen skated over and flipped a puck to us.  I’ll always remember him for that reason…she couldn’t have been more thrilled.  And it was obvious that he was happy to have made a young kid happy.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah she was on the big screen during warmups (holding the sign).  Cool that she was the one who got it…bet she never expected in a million years that she’d actually get his stick.

When my daughter was a bit younger, she made a cardboard sign, with a hole cut out for her face…the sign said “This girl would like a puck please”.  It paid off after four or five games…during warmups for Military Night, Sami Vatanen skated over and flipped a puck to us.  I’ll always remember him for that reason…she couldn’t have been more thrilled.  And it was obvious that he was happy to have made a young kid happy.  

Looks like she had friends with her that might have helped if the stick landed near her haha

56 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

A poster on HF said that Hughes might have thrown the stick to her intentionally which makes the story even better, he said... 

"I saw the young girl who caught the stick carrying it after the game. Her brother thinks Hughes saw his sister holding up a birthday sign and intended to throw the stick to her." 

FByOLi3WUAALcVh?format=jpg&name=large

Let’s fvcking goo? Half of you guys had that same reaction last night. 

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Let’s fvcking goo?  Every single guy had that same reaction last night. 

Fixed

So going back to what appeared to be low attendance or fans not going to the game.

Not sure if it's across the league but MTL had t heir worst audience rating during their last game and their home game tnight is not even sold out. In MTL.... so thats weird

edit: well now im seeing that its sold out now. Maybe they got that word out hoping people jump on tickets

Edited by SterioDesign