GDT: It’s finally our turn! Devils vs Blackhawks - 15 Oct - 7p (Eastern)

jagknife

3 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I love how Jack tries to be serious in every interview and the reporters manage to get him with something every time that makes him laugh. 

Remember when the Devils first drafted Jack, and he looked like he was maybe 14?

He’s really grown up since then…he almost looks 16 these days.

He really does seem like that nice down-to-earth neighborhood kid that everyone likes…I can’t picture him ever going full adult.  

• Like 2

Regarding the attendance..

The arena was an absolute mess.  At least half of the concession stands were closed and the ones that were open had the bare minimum number of people working.  Lines were long, slow, and a few of the carts had run out of beer while we were waiting.  I'm guessing the labor shortage hit them pretty hard and they couldn't get anyone to work.  You would think that opening night would be the one game of the season that they would have all the concessions open, instead it felt like Disney on Ice.  But anyway, this could have been a reason why a lot of the seats were empty during the anthem and when the periods started.  I missed the Hawk's first goal while I was waiting in line for a beer that ended up being a bud seltzer.

No one has mentioned it yet but Studenic had a solid game.  He was getting involved in the corners, winning battles, and just looked like a solid 4th liner.  I was never really impressed by him until this game.  White looked better than expected too.

Oh yeah, and Bernier was a beast.  Great pickup this summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Remember when the Devils first drafted Jack, and he looked like he was maybe 14?

He’s really grown up since then…he almost looks 16 these days.

He really does seem like that nice down-to-earth neighborhood kid that everyone likes…I can’t picture him ever going full adult.  

Well if he looked 14 when we drafted him 2 years ago. He'd look 16 today. That checks out :P

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well if he looked 14 when we drafted him 2 years ago. He'd look 16 today. That checks out :P

That's flawed logic.  If it took him 18 years to look like he was alive for 14 years, why do you think the most recent 2 years would be linear?  By that math he should still look like a 15 year old.

2 hours ago, Crisis said:

That's flawed logic.  If it took him 18 years to look like he was alive for 14 years, why do you think the most recent 2 years would be linear?  By that math he should still look like a 15 year old.

That's very true... its a bit like Baby Yoda...

I am late in posting that I was please with the Devils' first game. 

Hughes was awesome. Andreas Johnsson was active and scored. Hamilton scores in .17 seconds. WOW

Very enjoyable and entertaining game for the start of the season. I expect more excitement and wins  to come.

Go Devils

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Why the fvck do we have so many days off before game 2??

Well Mercer must have gotten a new apartment and his family is in town to see him play a few games. 

So that gives them more time to help him setting things up and they'll spend extra money in NJ so it's helping the economy.

All good in the end.

On 10/15/2021 at 9:54 PM, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I feel like if Hughes does have a breakout season and really establishes himself as one of the elite young names of the game, that stick-toss celly is going to be one of the most iconic clips in Devils history

Just got an e-mail from the Devils selling ticket packages using that stick-toss celly gif...   e-mail  "It's Celly Season"    lol

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Our need as a society to abbreviate everything is annoying lol

I agree...

MD2020 😉

• Haha 1