MSG commercials

andy

Tattoo guy posts here and there on FB and is generally a good guy, so I cannot dunk on him.

The woman who is married to a Ranger fan with a couple of kids posts pretty often on Twitter and she has as much piss and vinegar about this team as me, so she is alright in my book.

The old guy talking about his room is a little sad.

I get annoyed by the women and their dime a dozen hockey card collection.  I guess I am still a little miffed about being passed over by MSG for my collection as I was told it is not relatable.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Tattoo guy posts here and there on FB and is generally a good guy, so I cannot dunk on him.

The woman who is married to a Ranger fan with a couple of kids posts pretty often on Twitter and she has as much piss and vinegar about this team as me, so she is alright in my book.

The old guy talking about his room is a little sad.

I get annoyed by the women and their dime a dozen hockey card collection.  I guess I am still a little miffed about being passed over by MSG for my collection as I was told it is not relatable.

My only issue with tattoo guy is that line about more tattoos on Rangers fans than Devils fans.  Why would that line be in the commercial?  

1 hour ago, andy said:

My only issue with tattoo guy is that line about more tattoos on Rangers fans than Devils fans.  Why would that line be in the commercial?  

Agreed. He seems like a good dude otherwise. 

Im still not sure about a person who marries a Rangers fan, though. 

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Agreed. He seems like a good dude otherwise. 

Im still not sure about a person who marries a Rangers fan, though. 

I know them both, though it’s been several years since I last saw them in person.  Tony’s actually a pretty good dude…we’re both Mets fans, so back in the day we connected on that level.

But I’m with ya, I’d have a hell of a time being in a serious relationship of any kind with a Ranger fan.  I simply wouldn’t want something that I’m SO into to become so adversarial with someone who I’m supposed to have fun with.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I know them both, though it’s been several years since I last saw them in person.  Tony’s actually a pretty good dude…we’re both Mets fans, so back in the day we connected on that level.

But I’m with ya, I’d have a hell of a time being in a serious relationship of any kind with a Ranger fan.  I simply wouldn’t want something that I’m SO into to become so adversarial with someone who I’m supposed to have fun with.  

I turned down dating a fairly hot girl in high school because she used to wear a Rangers jersey. My friends thought I was nuts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I turned down dating a fairly hot girl in high school because she used to wear a Rangers jersey. My friends thought I was nuts. 

Not this friend 😉

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I boned her non-identical twin sister later that year, so it’s all good. 

Winning 

42 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I actually went to high school with Jamie. Actually saw her and her dad tonight and said hello. Tony is a very good dude, but the Rags are the only sports affiliation I’d actually not date a chick for. I hate the Rangers THAT much. No idea how they do it lol.

Edited by MadDog2020

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I actually went to high school with Jamie. Actually saw her and her dad tonight and said hello. Tony is a very good dude, but the Rags are the only sports affiliation I’d actually not date a chick for. I hate the Rangers THAT much. No idea how they do it lol.

That’s my only point, she may be a very nice person with incredibly bad judgment lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, eldon said:

This conversation reminded me of that old Bruin commercial. 

That whole era of their commercials was fantastic, love the one about never leaving a game early and the bear is waiting at the bottom of the escalator in case you do lol

This one...

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

That whole era of their commercials was fantastic, love the one about never leaving a game early and the bear is waiting at the bottom of the escalator in case you do lol

This one...

Goddamn these are hilarious!

Years ago, a bunch of us went on a road trip up to Boston, for a Devils-Bruins game (Jamie and her dad were a part of it, among several others).  Just before the opening faceoff, we all started yelling “LET’S GO DEVILS!” as loud as we possibly could.  The Bruins faithful heard us.  And suffice it to say that they let us all KNOW that they heard us…the boos were deafening.  Devils won the game (think it was 5-2…Raycroft was in net for the Bruins).  Was a fun road trip…Bruins fans ribbed us a bit but no one gave us a hard time.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Goddamn these are hilarious!

Years ago, a bunch of us went on a road trip up to Boston, for a Devils-Bruins game (Jamie and her dad were a part of it, among several others).  Just before the opening faceoff, we all started yelling “LET’S GO DEVILS!” as loud as we possibly could.  The Bruins faithful heard us.  And suffice it to say that they let us all KNOW that they heard us…the boos were deafening.  Devils won the game (think it was 5-2…Raycroft was in net for the Bruins).  Was a fun road trip…Bruins fans ribbed us a bit but no one gave us a hard time.  

I wonder if that is the game I met Jamie at.  When they bought the group tickets they needed one extra. I worked near the garden and picked up a ticket for her close to the section they were in.

34 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

I wonder if that is the game I met Jamie at.  When they bought the group tickets they needed one extra. I worked near the garden and picked up a ticket for her close to the section they were in.

It was this game (can't believe it was all the way back in 2004...I would've thought 2007 or 08, honestly):

New Jersey Devils at Boston Bruins Box Score — April 3, 2004 | Hockey-Reference.com

That at least gives you the exact day.  

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It was this game (can't believe it was all the way back in 2004...I would've thought 2007 or 08, honestly):

New Jersey Devils at Boston Bruins Box Score — April 3, 2004 | Hockey-Reference.com

I remember Rasmussen but I forgot how long he was here.  It felt like 1-1.5 seasons and not 207 games over 3 seasons.

23 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yep it was that game.  IT was the Bruins last game of the season where they did the shirt off their backs after the game.