MSG commercials

andy

On 10/15/2021 at 10:29 PM, mfitz804 said:

Agreed. He seems like a good dude otherwise. 

Im still not sure about a person who marries a Rangers fan, though. 

I married a Rangers fans and, slowly, over a number of years and with the help of my kids have converted her to a Devils fan.  She still has her Rags jersey though.  We made her hide it in her closet where nobody could ever see it.  Eventually, that thing will become kindling for a fire.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/199012150BOS.html

This was my only apperarance at a Devs/Boston game in Boston

At the old Gahdin...........

Lee Norwood (remember him?) with the Devs goal

Nice yeah I do remember that guy.  Lou traded Paul Ysebeart for him...I remember being ticked at the time because Ysebeart had put up big numbers in Utica the year before...of course back then I didn't other things into account...that he'd been drafted by the Devils some time before (he went to college for a few years after being drafted), and was getting up there in age for an AHL prospect.  I think the feeling was that he was never going to be able to play any kind of defense at the NHL level...of course, in his first two seasons as a Red Wing, he puts up a +44 in his first season, and a +19 in his second season...go figure.  His first two full NHL seasons were his best...he did wear the C with the Lightning some time, but he never came close to matching his early success...that did help to take a lot of the initial sting out of that deal...Norwood pretty much came and went (and was well-traveled throughout his career).  

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 10:59 AM, Satans Hockey said:

That whole era of their commercials was fantastic, love the one about never leaving a game early and the bear is waiting at the bottom of the escalator in case you do lol

BTW don't know if you checked out any other ones, but the one where the guy tucks his jersey into his jeans and the one where some fan cuts the bathroom line by entering through the exit door are just as good.  Great great stuff.  Makes you realize how "uncool" the Devils franchise often came across through the years...especially when Lou was here.  No matter what team you root for, those Bruins commercials are really friggin' clever and funny.  

2 hours ago, bostondevil11 said:

Yep it was that game.  IT was the Bruins last game of the season where they did the shirt off their backs after the game.

Yeah IIRC I think the Devils had to win their home and home against the Bruins to clinch the Atlantic...they won the first game in Boston, but lost the next one in NJ...the NJ loss was especially aggravating because they were down early, and it just felt like they couldn't be bothered after that.  They wound up having to play the Flyers on the road in Round 1 of the 2004 playoffs...Flyers won the series pretty handily, even though the final scores make the games seems a little closer than they really were in Games 1 and 2.

As far as commercials go, as least the "IT'S OFFICIAL!" one is no longer aired.  That one got to be very painful very quickly.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

BTW don't know if you checked out any other ones, but the one where the guy tucks his jersey into his jeans and the one where some fan cuts the bathroom line by entering through the exit door are just as good.  Great great stuff.  Makes you realize how "uncool" the Devils franchise often came across through the years...especially when Lou was here.  No matter what team you root for, those Bruins commercials are really friggin' clever and funny.  

Yeah IIRC I think the Devils had to win their home and home against the Bruins to clinch the Atlantic...they won the first game in Boston, but lost the next one in NJ...the NJ loss was especially aggravating because they were down early, and it just felt like they couldn't be bothered after that.  They wound up having to play the Flyers on the road in Round 1 of the 2004 playoffs...Flyers won the series pretty handily, even though the final scores make the games seems a little closer than they really were in Games 1 and 2.

As far as commercials go, as least the "IT'S OFFICIAL!" one is no longer aired.  That was got to be very painful very quickly.  

40651153642_d529e588ac_b.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

On 10/18/2021 at 12:59 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Nice yeah I do remember that guy.  Lou traded Paul Ysebeart for him...I remember being ticked at the time because Ysebeart had put up big numbers in Utica the year before...of course back then I didn't other things into account...that he'd been drafted by the Devils some time before (he went to college for a few years after being drafted), and was getting up there in age for an AHL prospect.  I think the feeling was that he was never going to be able to play any kind of defense at the NHL level...of course, in his first two seasons as a Red Wing, he puts up a +44 in his first season, and a +19 in his second season...go figure.  His first two full NHL seasons were his best...he did wear the C with the Lightning some time, but he never came close to matching his early success...that did help to take a lot of the initial sting out of that deal...Norwood pretty much came and went (and was well-traveled throughout his career).  

lol, I was furious when Lou traded Ysebaert, haha 

I too thought he'd kill it.   Another reason I'll never GM a team 🙂

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Same, he had two 30+ goal seasons right away and it looked like a huge mistake, then he became a very average producer. 

Looking at his stats, he had a lot of years that he did not play a lot, I am not familiar with his injury history but I’m assuming it was extensive. 

39 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

You look at those AHL numbers now, and you realize how much more offense there was back then...when prospects like Ysebeart and Kevin Todd were playing, the average GPG overall was something like 3.8 goals per team.  Guys like Jeff Madill were putting up 40+ goals in the A.  It was easy to see guys like Ysebeart and Todd and get excited about their potential.  

• Like 1