Has anyone brought a real camera into the Prudential Center Recently?(Not a camera phone)

Rock

I used to bring my DSLR camera into the arenas (CAA and Prudential) all the time.  I still can bring the DSLR into Yankee, Citi, and Metlife Stadiums. (Yankee Stadium has the best camera rules.) A couple of years ago Prudential Center basically outlawed  SLR's.  I don't like using my phone if you ever used a DSLR it is very frustrating using a phone.  I know they are improving phones but to me a camera phone still pales  to a DSLR.  since I can't bring in a DSLR I've started researching point and shoots for hockey but I need the following features adjustable shutter speed at least 1/400 sec  Hi1 ISO about 25,600, Zoom equivalent of at least 100mm.  According to Prudential Center the camera has to be small non-professional with a non detachable non extendable lens.  Basically that eliminates all cameras.  So disregarding the specs I need has anyone brought an actual camera into the Prudential Center recently?   If so what make and model? Thanks in advance.

Don't know anything about this subject but asked one my friends who does and he said he got this in a few years ago but Barclay's Center doesn't allow it anymore so he's not sure if Prudential has changed their policies as well. Also said "Anything smaller is pointless, so it really is basically a no camera policy at a lot of these venues" 

Attach1.thumb.jpg.f76e2c0aa1e6ee6acf9ee7f3da935e01.jpg

Edited by Satans Hockey

5 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Don't know anything about this subject but asked one my friends who does and he said he got this in a few years ago but Barclay's Center doesn't allow it anymore so he's not sure if Prudential has changed their policies as well. Also said "Anything smaller is pointless, so it really is basically a no camera policy at a lot of these venues" 

Attach1.thumb.jpg.f76e2c0aa1e6ee6acf9ee7f3da935e01.jpg

Yeah Thanks.  Yeah I've seen it. It's a little more than I want to spend.  If I was going to spend that kind of money, I'd get a newer DSLR.  Then I'd still be in the same boat as far as taking pictures at the Rock.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

...why ban cameras, though?

One of my theories is with photographers themselves.  They use these DSLRs to sell the images. (Or the arenas think they do.) The other is that one day one of the security chiefs was working the entrance from the box office. He tried to keep me from bringing it in, but I was up the camera rules at the time.  I got in with the camera but the rules changed the next year.  Also it seems to be at the arenas.  I took a trip up to Montreal they wouldn't let me bring the camera in so I ended up taking several pictures of the Habs and Red Wings lining up for Face-Offs with the phone.  They came out ok but everytime I tried to take action photos they came out blurry because the camera phones at the time had too slow a shutter speed.(I'm not sure with the improvements to the camera phones they still can't match the shutter speed and Hi ISO of a DSLR.  I tried to bring in a DSLR to MSG for Black Sabbath on their The END tour.  I brought a cheap point and shoot in.  I managed to get good shots because it took me awhile to get the settings I need.  So why don't I do the same thing for the Devils? When I saw Black Sabbath they are old like me.  😀  They just stand around and play. (Their hands were a little blurry because they are moving faster than the shutter speed) They don't skate at 30 mph or unleash 100mph slap shots.😎

Edited by Rock
  • Thanks 1

This is the Prudential Center Camera policy.  It has changed in the last year.  It used to say detachable lens may not be be brought in also.

For some events, small, non-professional cameras without an external flash or extendable lens may be brought into Prudential Center. Please note that for certain events, cameras may not be permitted. Video and audio equipment, GoPros, selfie sticks, professional cameras (with a lens of 2.5 inches or greater) and recording devices are strictly prohibited. Fans may not reproduce any film, digital, video or audio recording for commercial purpose without the express written consent of Prudential Center.

Edited by Rock

So what is the definition of small non professional? My DSLRs are "non professional" There are point and shoots that are as big as my DSLRs.  Smaller point and shoots generally have extendable lenses.  The 2.5 lens statement is a joke.  My smallest lens is about 3 inches it is 35mm non zoom.  Which is not really good for shooting hockey from the stands.😀

They couldn't have banned cameras then they would have to ban cell phones.  I would like to see them try to enforce that ban.😎

Edited by Rock