Utica Comets Thread 2021-22

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Utica move to 5-0-0. 

Tyce Thompson with the Hatty. And everyone you would want to be getting points putting them on the board. Boqvist with a goal and an assist. Another goal for Talvitie as well. 

Back to work tonight :

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s not surprising, he’s not good. 

No points for him in the early going for Utica.  

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s not surprising, he’s not good. 

He’s obviously still young, but he looks like not much of anything so far. I had some hope for him since he was a 1st round pick of a team that usually drafts pretty well. 

But if Shakir Mukhamadullin turns into anything that trade will still have been worth it. 

6 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

You just knew it was going to happen after you said it .

Foote is a great player. But his speed hurt his game much. I dont know can he fix it somehow or adapt his game. It`s understandable why he is late 1st round pick and not top-10.  Grier is a life example for Foote. Grier is a good AHL player but he svck on NHL level because of speed. 

Shmid play awesome and save the day several times. Great performance from him.
DeLeo deserved call up. But waiver still exist. 

Edited by Guadana

DeLeo is a really good AHLer (who just turned 26).  Don’t see it ever happening for him in the NHL.

2 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Game Day again:

And this is just ice cold lol

Although pretty bold after the first period. 

Too bad they chickened out.

On the other hand, seeing Caufield sh!tting the bed early is amazing as so many Habs fans had him scoring 35-40 goals this season and saying he was a shoe in for the calder

it's hilarious, some fans are losing their minds ago just like when KK mocked Price in a tweet lol

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

On the other hand, seeing Caufield sh!tting the bed early is amazing as so many Habs fans had him scoring 35-40 goals this season and saying he was a shoe in for the calder

it's hilarious, some fans are losing their minds ago just like when KK mocked Price in a tweet lol

Booo , he wasn't last night that's for sure. 

• Like 1

It's funny...on one hand, you always want to see winning within your organization...and it doesn't get better than winning every single one of your games.

On the other, guess I wish there were more real up-and-comers to get excited about.  The points leader is 26 and with his third franchise since being drafted, and has all of five NHL games to his name to date.  Some of the others are names we've heard but don't really seem poised to make much of an NHL impact (Zetterland, Boqvist, Foote, etc).

It feels mostly like a bunch of AAAA-types who will get call-ups when other guys go down, but don't do much with those opportunities and then promptly get sent back down and once again start putting up numbers.  Really hoping the kids on D (Okhotyuk and Bahl) and at least one of the goalies can become solid NHLers in time.  For now, it appears that the most legit F prospect in Holtz has already graduated, though we'll see if he sticks with the big club.      

13 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Devils fans on reddit were literally predicting Sharangovich to score 35-40 goals this season too.

This season both him and Caufield are tied in number of goals.

58 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It's funny...on one hand, you always want to see winning within your organization...and it doesn't get better than winning every single one of your games.

On the other, guess I wish there were more real up-and-comers to get excited about.  The points leader is 26 and with his third franchise since being drafted, and has all of five NHL games to his name to date.  Some of the others are names we've heard but don't really seem poised to make much of an NHL impact (Zetterland, Boqvist, Foote, etc).

It feels mostly like a bunch of AAAA-types who will get call-ups when other guys go down, but don't do much with those opportunities and then promptly get sent back down and once again start putting up numbers.  Really hoping the kids on D (Okhotyuk and Bahl) and at least one of the goalies can become solid NHLers in time.  For now, it appears that the most legit F prospect in Holtz has already graduated, though we'll see if he sticks with the big club.      

I dont disagree , although I think some consideration needs to be given to the last two years and the effect that will have had on development. Some of these guys are quite a few games down on where they could have been pro wise. 

Also there is a lot to be said for playing in a winning environment. That 7-0-0 record will be doing wonders for confidence and it's nice to see the minor league team not being as much of a disaster as the big team. 

Having said that you are right , a lot of guys in Utica are the guys on the margin. 

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Should anyone be curious (I was) as to when the big team last won 7 in a row, it’s 2010-11 (and it was 8 in a row). 

Yeah, part of that crazy 23-3-2 run that actually made them relevant for a little while.  Over time the narrative has become "barely missed the playoffs", when that really wasn't true...they were 12 points out of the final spot and IIRC the closest they ever got was 6 points...they simply had way too much ground to make up.  That surge was fun while it lasted though.

7 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I dont disagree , although I think some consideration needs to be given to the last two years and the effect that will have had on development. Some of these guys are quite a few games down on where they could have been pro wise. 

Also there is a lot to be said for playing in a winning environment. That 7-0-0 record will be doing wonders for confidence and it's nice to see the minor league team not being as much of a disaster as the big team. 

Having said that you are right , a lot of guys in Utica are the guys on the margin. 

Bolded is fair, though not sure how much difference that will make, considering the players involved.  

And agree fully, I'd much rather have the kids in a winning environment than a losing one.  I get the feeling (barring injuries) that the Comets are going to have a lot of fun this year...like I said, lots of kids with some AHL experience under their belts, and some AHL vets who are in that dreaded AAAA territory...a guy like DeLeo might very well put up 80+ points this year for Utica, but stick him in the NHL and he probably puts up John Quenneville numbers if given that many games.

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Sharangovich should be in Utica the next time Cole is. 

It really is amazing...I barely even notice him on the ice anymore...but yeah, sometimes it's easier to flourish in garbage time, with no pressure on the team to win games.  For whatever it's worth, he had 3 points after 14 GP last season...maybe he's just that slow of a starter?  But yeah based on what I've seen this year, I won't be surprised if he finds himself in Utica before the end of the month.      

5 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

LMFAO HOW SOFT. Daddy to the rescue

This made me think of Dazed and Confused...this exchange:

Jodi:
Hey, I got a favor to ask you guys. You know my little brother?

Benny:
Yeah, Mitch Kramer.

Jodi:
Yeah, Mitch Kramer. Well, take it easy on him this summer will ya?

Pink:
Don't worry sis, little brother's safe with us.

Jodi:
Well, just don't get him worse than the other guys. He's kinda little.

Benny:
OK. I promise.

[As Jodi walks off, Benny swats her on the butt with his paddle]

Jodi:
[giggles] Benny! These guys, I don’t know... [leaves]

Dawson:
There was just a little bit of bullsh!t in all that, right?

Benny:
Major bullsh!t. He's a dead man. He’s f***in’ dead!

• Like 1