Utica Comets Thread 2021-22

Chimaira_Devil_#9

4 hours ago, nessus said:

The Devils aren't the only team that can score 7 in a game! Utica beat the Cleveland Monsters (great name) tonight 7-5. Holtz with a goal and an assist, Zetterlund with 2 assists, Foote and Clarke with a goal each. All good news for the young players in the Devils' system!

Good to see Clarke back on the ice. His last game was new year's eve. He has 16 points in 21 games and was looking good before he got injured. 

9 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Utica are playing, therefore it means Holtz has scored a goal. 

Comes out of nowhere, smooth hands in front. 16 goals on the season. 5 in his last 6 games. 

He’s notched at least one point in 15 out of his last 16 GP.  10 G and 12 A in that timeframe.  

• Like 2

Was curious to see how Holtz was doing in context, compared to his peers

It's still pretty good. 23rd in the AHL in points per games and 5th in ahl rookies. Behind Tippet (23y.o), Scott Perunovich (23y.o.), Jack Quinn (20y.o., picked one spot behind Holtz in the draft) and Matias Maccelli (21y.o.). Rossi is right behind him and i'd love for him to stay there forever, cause he's the one i really wanted

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Was curious to see how Holtz was doing in context, compared to his peers

It's still pretty good. 23rd in the AHL in points per games and 5th in ahl rookies. Behind Tippet (23y.o), Scott Perunovich (23y.o.), Jack Quinn (20y.o., picked one spot behind Holtz in the draft) and Matias Maccelli (21y.o.). Rossi is right behind him and i'd love for him to stay there forever, cause he's the one i really wanted

Jack Quinn would have probably been leading AHL scoring had he not been called up. He was having a ridiculous season. Shame he got injured in Buffalo tow games into his NHL stint. 

On 2/17/2022 at 1:16 AM, Nicomo said:

I’m just glad he’s putting the puck in the net at a nice rate. I was always a little concerned looking at his numbers back in Sweden (SHL and tournaments) that this supposed sniper never really scored many goals. 

Holtz with #18 tonight…7th goal in his last 9 GP, 11th in his last 16 GP.  Yeah I was concerned about his pre-AHL numbers too….great to see him tearing it up with Utica.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Holtz with #18 tonight…7th goal in his last 9 GP, 11th in his last 16 GP.  Yeah I was concerned about his pre-AHL numbers too….great to see him tearing it up with Utica.

Really good to see indeed. I was really not high on him when we drafted him so i'm glad that he's appearing to be proving me wrong so far

He's also very focused

• Like 1

Two bad results in a row for Utica. They lost 4-0 to Hersey on Friday and then 6-3 to Syracuse Saturday. 

Holtz was missing from the crunch game, listed as absent due to "illness". 

Players like Foote have once again disappeared after brief spells of productivity. 4 points in his last 14 GP since his spell of good production after being sent down. 

Hersey up next on what looks like 3 games in 3 days!

Utes only 5-5 in February…guess they were going to slow up some eventually.  Mitens having to get some starts in net also isn’t helping…you just never know what you’re getting from him…he’s the Utica version of Gillies.  

Comets win the final game of the back-to-back-to-back, 3-1.  Not one of the Utes’ better months, but they did go 6-5 in February.  Devils would kill for a stretch like that.

Hope Holtz comes back soon.  Real soon.

• Like 1

Missed a few games recently. Last night the Comets won 8-5 against the Crunch, who they seem to play 20 times this season. 

8 different scorers in the game. Holtz with a goal. No highlights because the Crunch suck. 

They play the crunch again tonight.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 1

Yeah was a weird game, in that for the Comets, you didn’t have a ton of high-point guys, considering that they scored 8 goals…off the top of my head, only one player had three points, and there were only 10 assists total.

8 G for Holtz in his last 11 GP (12 G in his last 18 GP).  And no hat tricks…he’s been pretty steady with a goal here, goal there.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Holtz already at 20 goals in his first season of North American hockey. Not bad. 

He’s actually having a top 5 season all-time in terms of PPG in the AHL for players in their 19 year old season. In terms of Goals per game? He’s 1st all-time. 

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

He’s actually having a top 5 season all-time in terms of PPG in the AHL for players in their 19 year old season. In terms of Goals per game? He’s 1st all-time. 

Now that sounds like a draft class’s top sniper. 

• Like 2