Utica Comets Thread 2021-22

Chimaira_Devil_#9

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They’re not missing the playoffs…they have too large of a lead at this point in the season to be overtaken.  

And even though it’s nice if Utica wins, it’s always about the big club.  What’s nice is those kids will find themselves back with Utica for the playoffs.  And I don’t mind a guy like Zetterlund getting a look with the big club…at the very least, coming up here is a reminder for players like him that the NHL is quite the big step up from the AHL.  

Zetterlund had a great game yesterday too, probably his best in the NHL so far. He’s done nothing but improve. I have hope he can be an effective bottom six guy. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Zetterlund had a great game yesterday too, probably his best in the NHL so far. He’s done nothing but improve. I have hope he can be an effective bottom six guy. 

Yeah depending on how active the Devils become in UFA and/or how many of their own get big raises (see Bratt), having cheap from-within guys who can give you a few years filling specific needs is important.  Would be great if Zetterlund and other kids could do that.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

He is a centre, he had 12 points on 42 games this season. Looks like a depth AHL signing at best. 

Probably to make up for dealing Schnarr.

On 4/12/2022 at 10:50 PM, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

He is a centre, he had 12 points on 42 games this season. Looks like a depth AHL signing at best. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Click for Michigan’s reply…Hmmm…

Guessing his debut.

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That’s the sign of a very confident player. I can’t wait to see if he can translate this season to the nhl

It’s funny, it feels like he’s tailed off as his first pro season has wore on, but he’s put a respectable 4 G and 4 A over his last 10 GP.  And overall his year with Utica was promising. 

Still think he’s a guy we’re going to have to be patient with…I think it’s going to take him at least two seasons in the NHL before he really starts to heat up.  

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It’s funny, it feels like he’s tailed off as his first pro season has wore on, but he’s put a respectable 4 G and 4 A over his last 10 GP.  And overall his year with Utica was promising. 

Still think he’s a guy we’re going to have to be patient with…I think it’s going to take him at least two seasons in the NHL before he really starts to heat up.  

I’m going to give him a snarky, sarcastic nickname from opening night next season until he heats up. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I’m going to give him a snarky, sarcastic nickname from opening night next season until he heats up. 

No Holtz Barred?

32 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

For once, I’d just like a guy to jump right in and tear it the fvck up. I’m tired of being patient. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

For once, I’d just like a guy to jump right in and tear it the fvck up. I’m tired of being patient. 

I hear ya, just don’t think Holtz is going to be that type of player.