Jump to content

Utica Comets Thread 2021-22


Chimaira_Devil_#9
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Not to a referee anyway…

Was thinking the exact same thing...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Too bad Greer isn’t a prospect…he’s notched 18 goals and 12 assists over his last 30 GP (including 10 points over his last three games).  But he’s 25 and has done very little in limited appearances in the NHL.

Utes win 5-3 tonight.  No points for Holtz.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Too bad Greer isn’t a prospect…he’s notched 18 goals and 12 assists over his last 30 GP (including 10 points over his last three games).  But he’s 25 and has done very little in limited appearances in the NHL.

Utes win 5-3 tonight.  No points for Holtz.  

Greer is a AAAA dude

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Too bad Greer isn’t a prospect…he’s notched 18 goals and 12 assists over his last 30 GP (including 10 points over his last three games).  But he’s 25 and has done very little in limited appearances in the NHL.

Utes win 5-3 tonight.  No points for Holtz.  

But, what’s the full season pace? Wait, I borrowed your calculator. 

 

24280492-16AE-4595-852B-5E1DCAF0F89F.jpeg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Too bad Greer isn’t a prospect…he’s notched 18 goals and 12 assists over his last 30 GP (including 10 points over his last three games).  But he’s 25 and has done very little in limited appearances in the NHL.

Utes win 5-3 tonight.  No points for Holtz.  

I mean it's probably just coincidence, but Holtz's Girlfriend finished a tour in Sweden recently and came over to the US on like the 18th of March or something.

In the six games since then he has had 1 point. The previous 6 games he had 8 points. Get the feeling he might be expending some of his energies elsewhere......

  • Haha 3
  • Shocking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Utica loses 3-2 at Lehigh Valley (kinda glad that I didn’t go to this one).  They were up 2-0 after one and 2-1 through two, before giving up two about a minute apart in the third (sounds familiar).  Both of the Comets’ goals were on the power play…Tyce Thompson with a pair of goals and assists in two games since his return.  Holtz had a secondary assist on the first PP goal.

Comets now 5-5-1 in their last 11…they now have 11 games left in their season.  The Marlies have four games in hand but Utica’s just too far ahead to think the division title is even close to being in danger.  Now it’s just about the Utes trying to get back on a roll before the playoffs begin.  They should have Daws back at least…he’s been good for them.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Utica loses 3-2 at Lehigh Valley (kinda glad that I didn’t go to this one).  They were up 2-0 after one and 2-1 through two, before giving up two about a minute apart in the third (sounds familiar).  Both of the Comets’ goals were on the power play…Tyce Thompson with a pair of goals and assists in two games since his return.  Holtz had a secondary assist on the first PP goal.

Comets now 5-5-1 in their last 11…they now have 11 games left in their season.  The Marlies have four games in hand but Utica’s just too far ahead to think the division title is even close to being in danger.  Now it’s just about the Utes trying to get back on a roll before the playoffs begin.  They should have Daws back at least…he’s been good for them.  

They are really missing that Daws Schmid combo. 

Athough he has only had limited games this season Thompson is putting up decent numbers. Gives me hope for next season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

They are really missing that Daws Schmid combo. 

Athough he has only had limited games this season Thompson is putting up decent numbers. Gives me hope for next season. 

Yeah we’ve been over it…once you sift past Holtz and the AAAA-non prospects, there’s definitely some 3rd and 4th line candidates down there.  Guys like Thompson will get their chances during preseason to stand out from the pack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah we’ve been over it…once you sift past Holtz and the AAAA-non prospects, there’s definitely some 3rd and 4th line candidates down there.  Guys like Thompson will get their chances during preseason to stand out from the pack.

Let's see how he gets on. Is this going to be a conditioning stint to ease him back in before he is is called back up. Or are they going to let his see out the AHL season. 1.22 P/G is strong, although not enough of a sample size at the moment.

Still hoping he might progress to be that 2nd/3rd line winger who can be a force on the PK. Fill that Blake Coleman sort of role. 

It's a shame he hasn't got his brothers frame, guy is huge (6ft 7!!!).  He is having an excellent year for Buffalo. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another tough loss for Utica tonight, falling 5-3 to the Rockets. They took an early 3-1 lead, before finishing the 1st tied at 3-3. 

Nate Schnarr, who was the player we dealt to acquire part time human statue part time NHL goaltender Andrew Hammond, got 2 assists to see off his old team. 

The positives? Holtz had a two point night. Goal and an assist. Again it's probably not related but his Mrs is now in California.... 

Anyway, the call ups are really hurting Utica. Such a shame. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Anyway, the call ups are really hurting Utica. Such a shame.

I agree. I don't think it is worth the impact to Utica to call some of these guys up nor was dealing Schnarr for a guy that couldn't stop a beach ball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I agree. I don't think it is worth the impact to Utica to call some of these guys up nor was dealing Schnarr for a guy that couldn't stop a beach ball.

If guys on the big club are going down with injuries, not much Fitz can do…kinda has no choice but to call up Utes as replacements.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If guys on the big club are going down with injuries, not much Fitz can do…kinda has no choice but to call up Utes as replacements.  

I keep reading this as Cousin Vinny saying “yutes.” 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I keep reading this as Cousin Vinny saying “yutes.” 

So do I heh heh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I keep reading this as Cousin Vinny saying “yutes.” 

 

43 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So do I heh heh

Yup. Although I’m from Staten Island so it sounds perfectly normal to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.