Utica Comets Thread 2021-22

Chimaira_Devil_#9

39 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I hear ya, just don’t think Holtz is going to be that type of player.  

I think you’re wrong. I think he is going to light sh!t up from the jump next year. Jack Hughes will be feeding him lots of pucks.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think you’re wrong. I think he is going to light sh!t up from the jump next year. Jack Hughes will be feeding him lots of pucks.

I will be absolutely THRILLED beyond belief if you’re right.  A 20-year-old rookie burying pucks immediately?  Sign me right up for that sh!t!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It’s funny, it feels like he’s tailed off as his first pro season has wore on, but he’s put a respectable 4 G and 4 A over his last 10 GP.  And overall his year with Utica was promising. 

Still think he’s a guy we’re going to have to be patient with…I think it’s going to take him at least two seasons in the NHL before he really starts to heat up.  

Yeah I’m not expecting the same 25 goals out of him in the NHL next year. I’m sure it’s going to take him a while to get up to speed. We’ll see a few flashes hopefully. And working with Hughes, Bratt, Nico, etc can only help him. 

7 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I believe that’s #26 for Holtz. 

That shot is just Elite, he can pick his spot.

In terms of next year it will be interesting and will depend on where he slots in. Are they going to shelter him and give him significant power play time, or just throw him in at the deep end in the top 6. 

Based on his points so far this year his NHL equivalents is 39 points across a full 82 games. That is slightly less that what Mercer had done this year (on pace for 44 points across 82 games). 

It would be nice if we could get a season closer to Lucas Raymond (who has slowed down a bit as the season has gone on). He has 56 points in 78 games. 

So looking 45-50 points should not be out of the question if things go well. 

For a player with limited defensive potential I’m waitin something about 15+15. Anything more would be great. Because if he wants to produce more he needs to play more minutes against better competition. I don’t know is he ready or not. Even in Utica he wasn’t good enough to help to play against. If his line will be burying in NHL, coaches will give him limited time to adapt. 
of course I’m not worry about, because offensive talent was there from the beginning and his development just need some time.

9 hours ago, Guadana said:

For a player with limited defensive potential I’m waitin something about 15+15. Anything more would be great. Because if he wants to produce more he needs to play more minutes against better competition. I don’t know is he ready or not. Even in Utica he wasn’t good enough to help to play against. If his line will be burying in NHL, coaches will give him limited time to adapt. 
of course I’m not worry about, because offensive talent was there from the beginning and his development just need some time.

He better stay in Utica if the Devil's have the same coaches next year, so he can actually get coached properly. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

He better stay in Utica if the Devil's have the same coaches next year, so he can actually get coached properly. 

I hate Recchi of course,and I think Ruff can’t find a key to teach how to win, but he definitely can teach how to play in NHL. I don’t think Holtz can learn something more in AHL. He is talented enough to feel safe on that level of competition. 

26 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Holtz somehow misses out on the AHL rookie team of the year. Grade A Bullsh!t!!!!

All three of those forwards outscored him, for whatever that's worth.  

Also his name doesn't start with J, all 5 skaters on that list do. OCD prevents Holtz from being on that list. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

All three of those forwards outscored him, for whatever that's worth.  

Also his name doesn't start with J, all 5 skaters on that list do. OCD prevents Holtz from being on that list. 

Points per game Holtz is better than Petreka and Pelletier. Quinn was ridiculous when he was down there so that seems fair. 

Comets got a bye in the first round so haven't played a minute of playoff hockey yet. 

They will now face the Rochester Americans in the second round. 

Rochester won't be an easy team to beat. They have Peterka, Jack Quinn and Ruotsalainen. 

There are a couple of former Devils involved including Mark Jankowski and Aaron "can't even be bothered to remove my hoody for my headshot" Dell. 

Screenshot_20220507-083932_Firefox.thumb.jpg.52b7b3420556a89dcfa539b6feb05f21.jpg

Tom Fitzgerald's son is also back down with Rochester, he has had 1 goal and 2 assists so far in 2 playoff games. 

Going to be a tough series. 

• Like 2

On 4/30/2022 at 3:23 PM, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Looks like Chase is going Pro. 

Surprising after an underwhelming year, but he has got a shot so let's see wh as t he can do. 

He was such a questionable pick. I really hope he takes a step forward going pro.

• Like 1

Utica won 6-3

Thompson, Gambardella, Russo, Schmelzer, and Greer(2) were the goal scorers. Walsh, Foote, and Okhotiuk with 2 assists, Holtz with zero points. Daws gets the W with 19 saves on 22 shots.

https://lscluster.hockeytech.com/game_reports/official-game-report.php?lang_id=1&client_code=ahl&game_id=1023813

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, devlman said:

Muk didn’t play but I suppose it would’ve been premature to throw him right into a playoff lineup seeing as though he was just assigned.

Fitz said in the end of season interview that initially he would just be watching and depending on how the comets got on might see a game. I read that as "if they get through to a best of 7 we might see him in a game or two".

This series is not one to chuck him into. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Fitz said in the end of season interview that initially he would just be watching and depending on how the comets got on might see a game. I read that as "if they get through to a best of 7 we might see him in a game or two".

This series is not one to chuck him into. 

Does the kid even speak English? If not, at least Utica has Brylin and Okhotiuk to help him out. 

12 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Does the kid even speak English? If not, at least Utica has Brylin and Okhotiuk to help him out. 

Yeah Fitz said there is a language barrier to contend with. One of the reason they wanted him over ASAP was to start working on that before the start of next season. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 1