Hughes back tonight against Sharks!

RunninWithTheDevil

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

how does a forum moderator not know how to use the ignore button? 

I feel incredibly validated that a guy who lied for random internet clout or just to be a sensationalizing debbie downer has egg on his face after telling all of us that he had a broken collarbone 10 minutes after he was injured. How do you feel?

I don't block anyone...  but continue to just spit at people and feel good about it.

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

I should at the very least qualify that statement with, I have always been interested in this kind of stuff and I was well ahead on my classes for my major and had already wrapped up a minor by my junior year of college so I minored in Sports Injuries at UM. I am obviously not a doctor but I know a little bit more than the layperson about stuff like this. 

It's possible the Devils said "dislocated shoulder" and he still had some sort of ligament damage; but if he truly doesn't require surgery that is a fvcking fantastic sign. 

UM as I’m Miami or Michigan?  I didn’t attend either but if it was Miami can you please tell me why the Hurricanes fvcking coaching staff always sucks?  Send Diaz and Lashlee to space with no return.  Hurricanes have become nothing but a laughing stock of FBS football.  They haven’t beaten an FBS team in 6 straight games, and barely beat App St.  So fvcking sick of it, been garbage since 2003.  If it was Michigan you attended disregard everything I just wrote.  Unless someone here who did attend Miami or is just a fan of this sad football team wants to weigh in.

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Darrell Taylor (of the Seattle Seahawks) was injured a few days ago on national TV. He was sobbing. Both teams came off the sidelines to kneel in a prayer circle around him. Players were weeping. Fans were weeping. He was rushed via ambulance to the hospital.

Turns out he had a pinched nerve. He's in all likelihood playing this week. He wasn't being dramatic, his teammates and the fans weren't being dramatic, but for 24 hours it looked like his career was over. And now he's practicing in full pads four days later. Judging any injury by the player's reaction is silly. That's all I was trying to convey. I think all of us in that moment were looking for something and I don't blame you for it, I just find it to be misguided. 

Add to that, "he knew he was fvcked" is such a broad statement. Does that mean he knew he was hurt at that moment? Or that he knew he would be out precisely 4-6 weeks because that's how long "being fvcked" keeps you out?

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I went to the University of Miami, and I couldn't begin to tell you. I'm one of the unlucky souls who didn't become a Canes fan until I enrolled in 2009, so all I've known is painful mediocrity for a once-proud elite football program. If there's a fire you're trying to douse, you can't put it out from inside of the house. Staying in-house for hires, promotions, and all that nonsense from a school that hasn't had a NY6 bowl win in almost twenty years is painful. The whole thing is painful. 

I’ve been a Canes fan since I’ve been about 5 or 6 so I’ve experienced those great years.  What I’ve witnessed for the better part of the last two decades is beyond infuriating.  I want heads to roll and they don’t do a fvcking thing about it.  At this pace they will never be mediocre again.  They’re not even mediocre now.  They’re a pathetic football team.  So much so that I think they should drop their football program.  Yes, that’s how fvcking pissed off I am. Even a recent recruit just transferred out so he could be available in the recruitment program.  No one wants to go there, don’t blame them.  Gotta get rid of Blake James to start, that fvcking loser.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

aka "we believe no surgery is required"

That isn't how I perceive it. Sometimes the best answer is just that they aren't sure. If that is the case, and they have time to see if it will heal on its own, they do it-- If it doesn't then surgery is the next option. My doctor doesn't just rush me to the OR if he thinks physical therapy might solve the issue just because surgery will 100% solve the issue. Costs, unnecessary risks, healing time, etc are all factors.

Your approach is usually to just assume the worst/more cynical reasoning, so this isn't me trying to convince you :) . Sometimes not eveything is just black and white. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Darrell Taylor (of the Seattle Seahawks) was injured a few days ago on national TV. He was sobbing. Both teams came off the sidelines to kneel in a prayer circle around him. Players were weeping. Fans were weeping. He was rushed via ambulance to the hospital.

Turns out he had a pinched nerve. He's in all likelihood playing this week. He wasn't being dramatic, his teammates and the fans weren't being dramatic, but for 24 hours it looked like his career was over. And now he's practicing in full pads four days later. Judging any injury by the player's reaction is silly. That's all I was trying to convey. I think all of us in that moment were looking for something and I don't blame you for it, I just find it to be misguided. 

Yeah well that darrell story proves my point. He knew then he was done for the night and he was.

That's my point. Jack was pissed cause he knew he wasn't coming back in this game.

Jack knows what the expectations are on him. And he started the year great and was having a great game. I totally see how he'd be frustrated if he knew he was out of the game.

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

We also have Gauthier who can play 4c if McLeod gets bumped to 3. Technically Sharangovich was a center but I doubt they go that route. 

I’ll assume Boqvist will get the call and be underwhelming. 

I totally forgot about Boqvist.  Completely didn't realize he was even still on our NHL roster.  He would make the most sense although I can't see him as a 4th line player.  I honestly believe he should be in Utica get tons of minutes in the Top 6.

28 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Add to that, "he knew he was fvcked" is such a broad statement. Does that mean he knew he was hurt at that moment? Or that he knew he would be out precisely 4-6 weeks because that's how long "being fvcked" keeps you out?

The way i personally meant it was simply "fvck" as in not coming back in that game

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

I should at the very least qualify that statement with, I have always been interested in this kind of stuff and I was well ahead on my classes for my major and had already wrapped up a minor by my junior year of college so I minored in Sports Injuries at UM. I am obviously not a doctor but I know a little bit more than the layperson about stuff like this. 

It's possible the Devils said "dislocated shoulder" and he still had some sort of ligament damage; but if he truly doesn't require surgery that is a fvcking fantastic sign. 

You think a dislocated shoulder and some school classes makes you some sort of expert on shoulders? Let me clue you in on something.  You're not. Sports med is interesting but not the end all. Want to talk about shoulders? Let's talk collapsed humeral heads. Let's talk osteonecrosis.  The ones you referenced are good people and don't make sh!t up. Take some of your own advice and use ignore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

what

I think the gist was “you don’t know much about shoulders, I know more, you’re wrong, that person was being truthful, and you should use ignore”. 

Although it could equally be “here are some shouldery words I found on Google to support my argument”, not knowing the poster’s background and training I couldn’t say. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

and didn’t i literally say i’m not a doctor?

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

I am obviously not a doctor

I’m not a big fan of the overuse and misuse of the word “literally”, my 14 year old does it all the time. So I went back to check. 

That was literally what you said. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I think the gist was “you don’t know much about shoulders, I know more, you’re wrong, that person was being truthful, and you should use ignore”. 

Although it could equally be “here are some shouldery words I found on Google to support my argument”, not knowing the poster’s background and training I couldn’t say. 

No need for Google. I live it everyday. 

5 hours ago, StarDew said:

Entirely possible, as I mentioned. 

In college, I majored, not minored, in biochemistry, and then switched to criminal justice and social work and I know jack sh!t about any of them now. 

13 minutes ago, MB3 said:

The difference there is that you graduated how long ago? For me it was 4 years ago. I took 24 credit hours worth of classes for that minor because it was something I was interested in.

A long ass time, close to as long as you have been alive if I recall your age correctly. And I never used any of it for any practical application, I went straight to law school where I had to learn an entirely new field. 

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

what field are you in? that stuff fascinates me 

Field of life. I live with a dying skeleton.  In Oct. 2020  I fell on my shoulder just like Jack did. Fractured humerus along humeral head and fractured humeral head, glendoid and collarbone. Live with displaced shoulder. Indescribable pain. Cannot wait for reverse shoulder replacement in December.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, StarDew said:

Field of life. I live with a dying skeleton.  In Oct. 2020  I fell on my shoulder just like Jack did. Fractured humerus along humeral head and fractured humeral head, glendoid and collarbone. Live with displaced shoulder. Indescribable pain. Cannot wait for reverse shoulder replacement in December.

Wouldn't "reverse shoulder replacement" mean they were giving you back your own shoulder?

12 hours ago, StarDew said:

Sorry to hear.

Pain is a bitch.

I use Oxy, CBD, Gabapentin and Morphine every 8 hours to get some relief. I have been doing this for years, they just keep upping the dosage. Mine is not for a shoulder, instead back and hips. 

Edited by Brewskies

2 hours ago, StarDew said:

Good luck with that procedure.

Edited by Brewskies
  • Thanks 1