Hughes back tonight against Sharks!

RunninWithTheDevil

BTW, I read on another hockey forum that Jack Hughes may have offseason surgery on his shoulder.  I can't qualify the source he was a moderator responding to my statement that this is a chronic injury. I wish Jack Hughes the best. I am sure the Devils do as well because they certainly need him. IMO him being absence from last night's game was the reason, it effected the play of his fellow teammates, for the overall poor performance against a good team like Washington.

Now they have the #2 team, Buffalo in house on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Brewskies said:

BTW, I read on another hockey forum that Jack Hughes may have offseason surgery on his shoulder.  I can't qualify the source he was a moderator responding to my statement that this is a chronic injury. I wish Jack Hughes the best. I am sure the Devils do as well because they certainly need him. IMO him being absence from last night's game was the reason, it effected the play of his fellow teammates, for the overall poor performance against a good team like Washington.

Now they have the #2 team, Buffalo in house on Saturday.

I don’t find that credible at all. There’s no way they know that three days out from the injury, or, if they didn’t know that, he’d be getting surgery now.

Part of the analysis of whether or not it will require surgery is how he responds to therapy. That doesn’t happen in three days.

• Like 2

Separate question but somewhat related, pretty sure on the broadcast at some point Dano and Cangi very briefly spoke about Jack having shoulder injuries in his past?  Anybody know what they may have been talking about or how far back?  I couldn't find anything in a quick search.  Hopefully they were off or I misunderstood.  I believe the comment was along the lines of naturally there's a heightened concern based on his past history with shoulder issues. 

3 hours ago, StarDew said:

Field of life. I live with a dying skeleton.  In Oct. 2020  I fell on my shoulder just like Jack did. Fractured humerus along humeral head and fractured humeral head, glendoid and collarbone. Live with displaced shoulder. Indescribable pain. Cannot wait for reverse shoulder replacement in December.

That sounds absolutely horrendous.  Good luck with your surgery, I hope it provides some relief.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Separate question but somewhat related, pretty sure on the broadcast at some point Dano and Cangi very briefly spoke about Jack having shoulder injuries in his past?  Anybody know what they may have been talking about or how far back?  I couldn't find anything in a quick search.  Hopefully they were off or I misunderstood.  I believe the comment was along the lines of naturally there's a heightened concern based on his past history with shoulder issues. 

i think it was ruff who said that. as for knowing anything about it, i have no clue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t find that credible at all. There’s no way they know that three days out from the injury, or, if they didn’t know that, he’d be getting surgery now.

Part of the analysis of whether or not it will require surgery is how he responds to therapy. That doesn’t happen in three days.

What you posted makes sense to me. I was only share as you know. 

2 hours ago, Brewskies said:

Sorry to hear.

Pain is a bitch.

I use Oxy, CBD, Gabapentin and Morphine every 8 hours to get some relief. I have been doing this for years, they just keep upping the dosage. Mine is not for a shoulder, instead back and hips. 

Yeah, it is especially since I cannot take pain meds. Screws with my kidneys. Sure hope your meds work. Pain sucks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

Jesus that sounds awful. Sorry you have to go through that. That seems like several decibels worse than Jack’s condition and severity. 

I wasn’t pretending to be an expert, I was just trying to give some context as to why — for a healthy, professional 19 year old athlete — the distinction of displaced instead of separated was important and good news. 

You mean dislocated, right? Separated, dislocated  and displaced are all different.

yeah thanks PC but  that's not the comment I was referring to it was during the broadcast not the post game. But we can all carry on. I remember Ruff saying he could relate along with the comment that he didn't think the hit was dirty but didn't like the way Jack fell on it.

9 minutes ago, titans04 said:

yeah thanks PC but  that's not the comment I was referring to it was during the broadcast not the post game. But we can all carry on. I remember Ruff saying he could relate along with the comment that he didn't think the hit was dirty but didn't like the way Jack fell on it.

I have watched the “hit” like a million times, it was barely even a hit. Jack just got outmuscled but a much stronger player. It’s not like he targeted Jack in any way. 

• Like 2

So finally caught the part of the latest Spittin Chiclets episode where they touched on Jack's injury.  Mind you Whit and Biz aren't doctors, but they talked about how players will often have to play with a sling under their jersey when they return from this injury.

If true, I do worry about how this impacts Jack.  Dynamic guy who players at 100mph - will be weird for him to not have full range of motion in that shoulder/arm.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So finally caught the part of the latest Spittin Chiclets episode where they touched on Jack's injury.  Mind you Whit and Biz aren't doctors, but they talked about how players will often have to play with a sling under their jersey when they return from this injury.

If true, I do worry about how this impacts Jack.  Dynamic guy who players at 100mph - will be weird for him to not have full range of motion in that shoulder/arm.

I refuse to worry about it. It won't help a damn thing. Until we see otherwise, assume he'll be back at some point and be nothing short of 100%.

• Like 1