Hughes back tonight against Sharks!

RunninWithTheDevil

2 hours ago, pumpkin cutter said:

i think it was ruff who said that. as for knowing anything about it, i have no clue. 

I thought Ruff said he himself has delt with similar shoulder injuries, so he knows what Jack is dealing with.

yeah thanks PC but  that's not the comment I was referring to it was during the broadcast not the post game. But we can all carry on. I remember Ruff saying he could relate along with the comment that he didn't think the hit was dirty but didn't like the way Jack fell on it.

9 minutes ago, titans04 said:

yeah thanks PC but  that's not the comment I was referring to it was during the broadcast not the post game. But we can all carry on. I remember Ruff saying he could relate along with the comment that he didn't think the hit was dirty but didn't like the way Jack fell on it.

I have watched the “hit” like a million times, it was barely even a hit. Jack just got outmuscled but a much stronger player. It’s not like he targeted Jack in any way. 

• Like 2

So finally caught the part of the latest Spittin Chiclets episode where they touched on Jack's injury.  Mind you Whit and Biz aren't doctors, but they talked about how players will often have to play with a sling under their jersey when they return from this injury.

If true, I do worry about how this impacts Jack.  Dynamic guy who players at 100mph - will be weird for him to not have full range of motion in that shoulder/arm.

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So finally caught the part of the latest Spittin Chiclets episode where they touched on Jack's injury.  Mind you Whit and Biz aren't doctors, but they talked about how players will often have to play with a sling under their jersey when they return from this injury.

If true, I do worry about how this impacts Jack.  Dynamic guy who players at 100mph - will be weird for him to not have full range of motion in that shoulder/arm.

Auston Matthews had the same injury in 2017-2018. He had career years the next two seasons in a row. I'd argue this injury is more detrimental to a shot-first guy like Matthews, and it seems like it hasn't impacted him at all. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I refuse to worry about it. It won't help a damn thing. Until we see otherwise, assume he'll be back at some point and be nothing short of 100%.

• Like 1

Wood is even further out after undergoing even more specific tests. How cool is that, actually wtf does that even mean? Did they not do the right test all along until now?

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

Wood is even further out after undergoing even more specific tests. How cool is that, actually wtf does that even mean? Did they not do the right test all along until now?

They started with random guesses, then moved on to educated guesses, then went with vague tests, then general tests, and now finally specific tests. 

Day to day for about 1 - 39 weeks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

They started with random guesses, then moved on to educated guesses, then went with vague tests, then general tests, and now finally specific tests. 

Day to day for about 1 - 39 weeks. 

Whatever it is may now be beyond a "sports" issue. 

Gotta be honest, I completely forgot that Wood hasn't even played yet this season. Maybe that speaks volumes to who he is as a player, but maybe not. Overall though, I hope it's nothing serious, but it's definitely puzzling how they can be running tests and they're not sure what's wrong with him. 

14 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Gotta be honest, I completely forgot that Wood hasn't even played yet this season. Maybe that speaks volumes to who he is as a player, but maybe not. Overall though, I hope it's nothing serious, but it's definitely puzzling how they can be running tests and they're not sure what's wrong with him. 

Can't say I agree. He had a pretty decent year last year under Ruff and his speed always makes him a threat... now more on the scoreboard than just to the keeper's physical wellbeing. 25 pts and tied for the team lead in goals last season.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Can't say I agree. He had a pretty decent year last year under Ruff and his speed always makes him a threat... now more on the scoreboard than just to the keeper's physical wellbeing. 25 pts and tied for the team lead in goals last season.

Well, for starters, I mentioned that maybe it speaks volumes of him as a player, and maybe it doesn't. I get that you feel that he's underrated, and I'm not saying I necessarily disagree. I'm just saying that for whatever reason I kind of forgot about his presence on the team so far this season.  

Beyond that, I think perhaps one of the reasons why you or others see him as an impact player and valuable to the team highlights just how bad we have been and how much we're lacking true offensive threats. On most other teams, Wood would probably be a third line player, at best. 

Not trying to disrespect him, I like the guy a lot, just stating what I see/how I feel.  

Edited by NJDfan1711