Mackenzie Blackwood is on his way towards being fully vaccinated.

MB3

17 hours ago, MB3 said:

Oh come on, you have to be saying this for the sake of creating an argument. Just because nobody got sick doesn't mean what he did was okay. Same analogy: driving drunk isn't okay if you get home safe: you're still an a$$hole.

I'm glad he concluded his research into the subject, and I hope he publishes his papers. I'm sure it's filled with riveting, groundbreaking information and definitely not screenshots of facebook posts. 

Welcome to my life dealing with this dude regarding this subject.  Talking in circles just for the sake of argument.

Forum is a much better read post-ignore.

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

There's a LOT of researches out there right now with conflicting data and that it's very much still in development, we're still learning.

Gimme them sources bud.  Please do link, I'm totally open to developing an informed opinion.

Edited by Devilsfan118

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

you mean you aren’t just taking his word for it that “all of the researches” are conflicting?!?

To me it’s pretty simple:

1) Natural immunity can protect you, if you don’t happen to die from COVID

2) The vaccine can protect you if you never had COVID

3) Blackwood had COVID. 

4) Getting the vaccine after having COVID doesn’t increase your vulnerability to the virus, and can only help. 

Based on the above, the “natural immunity” theory doesn’t hold water, because Blackwood didn’t have to decide between natural or vaccine immunity. He already had what he was going to get naturally. The only question was whether he should get the vaccine on top of that, which every medical journal I have read, every medical professional I have heard, and every other player in the league except one agree with unanimously. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Welcome to my life dealing with this dude regarding this subject.  Talking in circles just for the sake of argument.

Sure, for pu$$ies, like you. Making comments about me while you have me on ignore so I can’t respond, what a little b!tch lol. 

You’re too fvcking dumb to realize I wasn’t the one creating the argument. All I said was it had no impact. It didn’t. 

Someone pass this along to him since he’s too much of a baby to participate. 

Edited by mfitz804

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Sure, for pu$$ies, like you. Making comments about me while you have me on ignore so I can’t respond, what a little b!tch lol. 

You’re too fvcking dumb to realize I wasn’t the one creating the argument. All I said was it had no impact. It didn’t. 

Someone pass this along to him since he’s too much of a baby to participate. 

worst game of telephone ever

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I am on vacation, with poor signal. I logged in to say cut it out. If I have to start banning people I might slip and make them long bans

I hope you’re having fun!!

5 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I think the thing that people and possibly his teammates are annoyed about is that other people doing what was asked of them had given Blackwood the luxury of taking his time. But anyway we are where we are and soon this will hopefully be forgotten. 

On the bolded part can you give me some examples? I have seen disagreement over government and administrations approach to things like vaccine rollout for kids and boosters and mask mandates, but research on the efficacy of the vaccine seems to be universally consistent. 

* deleting this cause DM said to cut it out and only saw his post once it was sent but i'll inbox you as this was really a calm conversation and not an argument. *

Edited by SterioDesign

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

To me it’s pretty simple:

1) Natural immunity can protect you, if you don’t happen to die from COVID

2) The vaccine can protect you if you never had COVID

3) Blackwood had COVID. 

4) Getting the vaccine after having COVID doesn’t increase your vulnerability to the virus, and can only help. 

Based on the above, the “natural immunity” theory doesn’t hold water, because Blackwood didn’t have to decide between natural or vaccine immunity. He already had what he was going to get naturally. The only question was whether he should get the vaccine on top of that, which every medical journal I have read, every medical professional I have heard, and every other player in the league except one agree with unanimously. 

In this case i wouldn't necessarily say that everyone "agree unanimously" based on the fact that they took the shots when the choice given is "you either do this or you're out of a job" though

Just now, SterioDesign said:

In this case i wouldn't necessarily say that everyone "agree unanimously" based on the fact that they took the shots when the choice given is "you either do this or you're out of a job" though

Very few teams made that a requirement, IIRC. But either way, they got the shot. 

Food for thought. 

This is from "The Atlantic"

https://theathletic.com/2915923/2021/10/27/masisak-what-i-know-and-what-i-believe-about-the-devils-after-5-games?source=user-shared-article

We have all basically said it is over as far as Blackwood getting vaccinated. 

Maybe Not

Blackwood has to play well for the problem,he created, to totally go away, per this article. 

I believe what the writer of the article wrote (below) to be true. I understand the delay was not the shots but an injury, so the Devils said. 

"What I believe: If Blackwood plays well when he returns, and continues to be a solid teammate, the vaccination delay is not going to matter to the guys in the dressing room at all.

What I know: The delay did frustrate and anger others in the organization. Still, it might not have any long-term effect on his relationships or future with the organization, particularly if he plays well and is a good teammate."

1 hour ago, DevilMinder said:

I am on vacation, with poor signal. I logged in to say cut it out. If I have to start banning people I might slip and make them long bans

Don't think anyone's arguing here, except the usual suspect.  

I think most of us are playing fine in the sandbox.

Regardless - Blackwood's getting the shot, it's not gonna be a distraction anymore, so... sweet.  Good stuff.  Hopefully the heel doesn't keep him out too much longer.

Whatever his reasons for getting the shot (i.e. for the team, or the Olympics)... he's getting the shots.  Not everyone out there got vaccinated for "the good of the whole" and at this point I'm so beyond caring about individuals' reasons and I'm just happy he's getting it.

Now, whether Fitz (edit: the GM) is as forgiving / has the same mentality remains to be seen.

Edited by Devilsfan118

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Don't think anyone's arguing here, except the usual suspect.  

I think most of us are playing fine in the sandbox.

I wasn't arguing at all. This d!ck cheese just likes to pick fights with someone he pretends he has on ignore.

Facts are facts, your inability to understand them is your own problem. I said his decision had no impact. It didn't and you cannot show how it did. So stop being a little b!tch. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I wasn't arguing at all. This d!ck cheese just likes to pick fights with someone he pretends he has on ignore.

Facts are facts, your inability to understand them is your own problem. I said his decision had no impact. It didn't and you cannot show how it did. So stop being a little b!tch. 

For someone pretending to play the Forum Cop the other day regarding rules, you sure do break a lot of them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devlman said:

For someone pretending to play the Forum Cop the other day regarding rules, you sure do break a lot of them. 

That's not what happened. I wasn't upset about his constant violation of the rules, he was specifically asked not to do something and he (and others) deliberately continued to do it. That was disrespectful to DM, so I said it was. 

I've never once been a "forum cop" and certainly didn't report anything to DM about it. I just pointed out what a$$holes people were being.  

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

That's not what happened. I wasn't upset about his constant violation of the rules, he was specifically asked not to do something and he (and others) deliberately continued to do it. That was disrespectful to DM, so I said it was. 

I've never once been a "forum cop" and certainly didn't report anything to DM about it. I just pointed out what a$$holes people were being.  

Ok and DM has specifically stated in the rules that excessive name calling and vulgar terminology is not allowed…Just pointing it out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Ok and DM has specifically stated in the rules that excessive name calling and vulgar terminology is not allowed…Just pointing it out.

Thanks for the refresher, much appreciated. I'm glad you were here to point that out. 

3 minutes ago, devlman said:

Lots of talks about permanent bans being thrown around, but select folks allowed to run free here.  Doesn't really matter to me, just interesting to observe.

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

Lots of talks about permanent bans being thrown around, but select folks allowed to run free here.  Doesn't really matter to me, just interesting to observe.

You should have been suspended multiple times, so its kind of the pot calling the kettle black. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Brewskies said:

His chance to play in the Olympics was the turning point. I am disappointed that it wasn't for his team and fellow players. He was putting Fitz in a tough place. 

It would be hilarious if that’s what finally did it because he has next to no chance of even making the team let alone playing. It’s more likely the test scare late in the preseason led Fitz and his teammates to get the cattle prod out and say bro, enough is enough here cause that was when he made his ‘unfortunately, yes’ statement, not after the Olympic list came out.

3 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It would be hilarious if that’s what finally did it because he has next to no chance of even making the team let alone playing. It’s more likely the test scare late in the preseason led Fitz and his teammates to get the cattle prod out and say bro, enough is enough here cause that was when he made his ‘unfortunately, yes’ statement, not after the Olympic list came out.

Who knows, it could be. I found it pretty hard to believe that a Canadian guy would be willing to miss all of the games played in Canada to begin with. Perhaps it was always his plan to get it done in time for that to happen.

Asking "what the fvck were you waiting for", of course, would still be a valid line of inquiry. 

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Don't they carry three goalies, though?  I think there's more than a remote chance he makes the roster.

Price - who knows.  A lock if healthy of course.

MAF - yikes, not so far.  Then again he's not really the problem on the Hawks but still.

Binnington - Probably a lock.

Kuemper - Will he stay healthy?

Hart - no way in hell

I could totally see Blackwood getting in if Price doesn't go, Hart continues to look like trash, and one of the other options doesn't stay healthy.  You never know.