Jump to content

GDT: Calgary vs NJ


pumpkin cutter
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

We need to add more scoring. I wonder what St. Louis was looking for a trade for Tarasenko who is of course on fire already. 

People were suspecting him of having a potentially long-term or even career ending injury (I think his back?)... I still wanted him badly.  Figures he's off to a hot start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

People were suspecting him of having a potentially long-term or even career ending injury (I think his back?)... I still wanted him badly.  Figures he's off to a hot start.

Shoulder. Hopefully Jack comes back just as hot…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

This team desperately needs some of the injured to get back. At least they didn't roll over tonight, but kind of expect more than that now. Someone needs to shake Sharongovich up and tell him the season started.

He responded well to getting benched, too. He was not invisible in the third period, and he's been invisible a lot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

This team feels so much worse than 3-2. 

Ya think?  It's because they got eviscerated by the only two good teams they played, were life and death to beat the three bad teams with all sorts of rest and travel advantages and look incompetent offensively without Hughes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Yep. A bunch of guys need to step it up.

I absolutely love Nico (he’s my 2nd favorite player on the team), and he was fantastic defensively against the Kraken, but he has been absolutely MIA offensively so far this season. Can’t continue. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I absolutely love Nico (he’s my 2nd favorite player on the team), and he was fantastic defensively against the Kraken, but he has been absolutely MIA offensively so far this season. Can’t continue. 

Same, and he has had some goals waved off. The thing for me is it looks like his decision making in the O zone is just really off right now. He is making some really bad passes and just bad decisions that are really uncharacteristic of him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Stopped watching after the 4th unanswered goal as I've been playing Far Cry 6 (pretty fun game, a bit repetitive like the rest though) but it's nice to see they showed a little spark

Hmm, I need to get that game. I’ve enjoyed that series. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Same, and he has had some goals waved off. The thing for me is it looks like his decision making in the O zone is just really off right now. He is making some really bad passes and just bad decisions that are really uncharacteristic of him.

I wonder if he’s putting pressure on himself and trying to force too many plays. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Ya think?  It's because they got eviscerated by the only two good teams they played, were life and death to beat the three bad teams with all sorts of rest and travel advantages and look incompetent offensively without Hughes.

They’re playing without their best two goalies and without their best player. 

It’s just a shame nobody else is going to stand up. Including the guy with the C on his chest. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was at the game tonight.  Left once the Flames scored to make it 5-1, so of course I miss two Devils goals.

Happy for Zacha and Mercer, regardless of whether it was garbage time or not.  Zacha is picking up where he left off last season, which I think is huge.  And I’m never going to complain about a promising rookie in Mercer putting up some points.

I’ve completely run out of patience with Bratt (shouldn’t need a fvcking benching in Game 5 of a new season to finally play like he gives a damn), but it’s starting to run a little thin with Nico too…and like others, I love the guy, but it’s gotta start to happen for him.  The Devils need much more from him that he’s providing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.