Jump to content

Holtz called up


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Unless you Never promote him, odds are he is going to be in the NHL with most of these guys at some point anyway. Are you going to leave him in the AHL until the team is good??

i've said numerous times i wished him and mercer spent the year in the ahl. after that let them sniff the nhl. mercer has been good, but you can still tell he's raw. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

i've said numerous times i wished him and mercer spent the year in the ahl. after that let them sniff the nhl. mercer has been good, but you can still tell he's raw. 

And I have no problem with that. So he can play with losers next year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And I have no problem with that. So he can play with losers next year?

I just think it would be good for them to do good in the ahl. When they make the team they can make a difference with having experience. This just seems like a big rush job to me. Like I said I’m wrong 98% of the time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

I just think it would be good for them to do good in the ahl. When they make the team they can make a difference with having experience. This just seems like a big rush job to me. Like I said I’m wrong 98% of the time. 

It sure seems to be a quick 180 from “he’s not ready” to “ok, might as well”. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

What are you talking about. Idk if anyone is ready. I’m a couch fan that played roller hockey 20 years ago. To my couch coaching eyes, both are not ready. That’s my take. 

Not you, the team. Holtz didn’t make the team, then played 4 AHL games, and now the Devils are like “yup, come on up”. 

That’s a quick change in position by the Devils. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holtz is not some completely dependent player that will be totally ineffective without an elite playmaker like Hughes to dish him the puck. Sure, he will need competent linemates to really thrive, but I wouldn't say he has no shot of sticking around for more than a couple of games if he's not playing with Hughes. His buddy and fellow early first rounder Lucas Raymond is currently playing quite well with the Red Wings. Granted, Raymond was more NHL ready IMO, and his skill set is probably a bit more versatile, but he had never outperformed Holtz by any significant margin at any level up until now. 

In the preseason, I thought Holtz outplayed many NHL regulars. He was tied for the team lead in points! Unfortunately for Holtz, one of the few players he did not outplay was Mercer. I honestly don't think there was much more Holtz could have done to make his case.

 

0:23 showcases just one example of Holtz's vision/playmaking skills.

Ultimately, I do think Holtz needs more time in the AHL, and it would probably be best for his development if he spends most of the season there. But at the same time, I wouldn't totally count him out to surprise some people with this opportunity. And I definitely welcome the occasional stint in the NHL this season, so that he's ready to go next season as a full time NHLer. I think he's closer than he is made out to be.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another positive out of Holtz coming in 👇

thank god he’s gone.  Couldn’t stand him.

 

To make room on the roster, New Jersey waived goaltender Scott Wedgewood on Wednesday. The netminder was claimed by the Arizona Coyotes on Thursday, according to TSN's Chris Johnston.

Edited by Devils01
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I’m gonna do the bundle with Disney+ (which I already had). I just haven’t gotten around to signing up for it yet. 

That's what I did when COVID started to entertain the family when we were locked down with nothing to do.  Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ are all part of the bundle which is great now that the NHL is back on ESPN and streaming tons of games each week on ESPN+.  I always thought about but never pulled the trigger on the center ice package in the past.  This is so much better for the money.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Help please, thanks in advance. 

I am not technical with this streaming and TV. So I could use your help. I have a smart TV. a Sansung top of the line. I have the bundle. So tonight, Friday, 10:30 game against the kings. I go to Hulu and there is the game to watch at 10:25 EST PM.

 

Here is the question. 

Can I record this game and how do I do this? You are dealing with a sick old man so make your response as if you are speaking to a "TV Dumby." Thanks again.

There is nothing, button, I see on the Hulu screen shot of the Devils game that says "Record" it only asks if you "like or dislike" "add to my stuff" and also "junk"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brewskies said:

Help please, thanks in advance. 

I am not technical with this streaming and TV. So I could use your help. I have a smart TV. a Sansung top of the line. I have the bundle. So tonight, Friday, 10:30 game against the kings. I go to Hulu and there is the game to watch at 10:25 EST PM.

 

Here is the question. 

Can I record this game and how do I do this? You are dealing with a sick old man so make your response as if you are speaking to a "TV Dumby." Thanks again.

There is nothing, button, I see on the Hulu screen shot of the Devils game that says "Record" it only asks if you "like or dislike" "add to my stuff" and also "junk"

I believe if you watch thru ESPN+ that you can watch replays of the game. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I don't know if Holtz is ready, but we have tons of injuries, including to Hamilton who is a major shooting threat on the PP, so I guess it makes sense to give him a taste now as they can run the main shot option on the PP through him on the left side, rather than the top of the umbrella until Dougie gets back.   

Second time I have seen this, who is injured in a position Holtz would play in?

Our current injury list is Hughes, Wood and Dougie. Or have I missed something? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Brewskies said:

Help please, thanks in advance. 

I am not technical with this streaming and TV. So I could use your help. I have a smart TV. a Sansung top of the line. I have the bundle. So tonight, Friday, 10:30 game against the kings. I go to Hulu and there is the game to watch at 10:25 EST PM.

 

Here is the question. 

Can I record this game and how do I do this? You are dealing with a sick old man so make your response as if you are speaking to a "TV Dumby." Thanks again.

There is nothing, button, I see on the Hulu screen shot of the Devils game that says "Record" it only asks if you "like or dislike" "add to my stuff" and also "junk"

 

1 hour ago, devlman said:

I believe if you watch thru ESPN+ that you can watch replays of the game. 

 

Yeah for whatever reason Hulu only shows the games live but ESPN+ will have the replays so if you have the bundle just watch on ESPN+ whenever, you don't have to set anything. 

I believe I saw some people saying there is a setting in the ESPN+ account to make sure you hide the scores of games. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think you can start it late though, I think you have to wait for it to be completely over before you can watch from the start. 

Probably not an issue with a 10:30 start time, I assume anyone not watching at 10:30 would just watch it tomorrow. 

Edited by mfitz804
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Holtz isn’t filling in for an injury. He’s coming in because he’s played well so far in Utica and they are hoping he can help a mostly stagnant offense and PP

Exactly. The injury excuse is bullsh!t. He is here because this team might as well forfeit every power play. 

Salvador pointed out that they are one of the best teams at zone entry on the power play, but 27th in possession an 30th for shot attempts. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

 

 

Yeah for whatever reason Hulu only shows the games live but ESPN+ will have the replays so if you have the bundle just watch on ESPN+ whenever, you don't have to set anything. 

I believe I saw some people saying there is a setting in the ESPN+ account to make sure you hide the scores of games. 

Sounds good, I will watch live tonight and hopefully won't fall asleep. Then tomorrow, I will try watching again using ESPN +, and I will check out Hulu, as well, tomorrow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

 

 

Yeah for whatever reason Hulu only shows the games live but ESPN+ will have the replays so if you have the bundle just watch on ESPN+ whenever, you don't have to set anything. 

I believe I saw some people saying there is a setting in the ESPN+ account to make sure you hide the scores of games. 

Thanks, yes the game last night was available today for viewing. I am not sure about hiding the score, that will be something for the next time. Thanks for the help.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.