GDT: Devils @ Kings 10:30 PM ESPN+ HULU

lazer

35 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

I think pk is doing well defensively.

He had his best game tonight, Friday against the Kings. He has been spoken to by the league three times this season about tripping players and has been fined $5,000 and $15,000 for the 2nd and 3rd trips. He has been terrible on the PK and the PP.

Too bad Severson is still with the Devils. He just repeats bad errors. Tonight his defense, or lack there of, on the first goal against. He stood in front of the net with his stick waving at flies while the puck went by him into the net. Then he draws a stupid penalty as they came into our zone that resulted in the second goal. 

This stuff is normal for him.

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I would literally make Severson catch a commercial flight home. 

Sadly it’s never much of a shock when he has a game like this.  No, he isn’t this bad every game, but it happens more than enough.  Turns out that those of us who’ve been critical of him aren’t so off our rockers after all.  He’ll never not be a few games removed from yet another infuriating “effort”.

2 hours ago, devlman said:

Funny enough Ty Smith has been complete sh!t along with Severson this season.

It’s funny, you’d think the Devils would eventually realize that the guy who’s supposed to help the defense and PK is bringing less than nothing to the table, yet it never seems to happen.  

• Like 1

We’ll only be better IF 

-Nas is fired

-Severson does not play another game 

- Hughes is back

-Hamilton is back 

- we miss Wood with his speed

Also, I’m really liking Subbans play in the D zone other than his offence which I’m not sure wtf happened it’s like he forget how to shoot the puck. We need to see more of those hits too. That’s the old PK

Edited by Devils01
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Nothing wrong with this Linda…

image.jpeg.3408c6c9fa94bf8a52def2bbecb5a4e9.jpeg

Physically and mentally no but her name is still Linda and not a good representation of what she really is. I fvcking love her in Grandma's Boy

But still, It's kind of like if a Porshe would be called a Fuzzybooboo. Just doesn't work. My heart goes out to Linda having to go through life like this.908730105_ScreenShot2021-11-06at11_09_20AM.thumb.png.236d0d6a3d36ed7f532634eee50a6c47.png

I think Smith is getting too much criticism. Sure he had a bad turnover in OT, but other than that I think he's been alright this year. It's still early, and he's still young.  Not to mention he's logging a lot of minutes, and typically going up against most teams top players (I realize he was on the third pairing last night). 

He's still better than Siegenthaler (who brings almost nothing) and, on most nights, Subban. 

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Physically and mentally no but her name is still Linda and not a good representation of what she really is. I fvcking love her in Grandma's Boy

But still, It's kind of like if a Porshe would be called a Fuzzybooboo. Just doesn't work. My heart goes out to Linda having to go through life like this.908730105_ScreenShot2021-11-06at11_09_20AM.thumb.png.236d0d6a3d36ed7f532634eee50a6c47.png

Your mind works in really interesting ways. 

6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I think Smith is getting too much criticism. Sure he had a bad turnover in OT, but other than that I think he's been alright this year. It's still early, and he's still young.  Not to mention he's logging a lot of minutes, and typically going up against most teams top players (I realize he was on the third pairing last night). 

He's still better than Siegenthaler (who brings almost nothing) and, on most nights, Subban. 

It’s funny, people bitched and moaned about me complaining about Zacha’s performance because he was too young, meanwhile Smith is a 21 year old defenseman with like 50 games played. He has played basically a half a season in the NHL. Yet people expect him to be a solid NHL defenseman already. 

See also the defending of Jack Hughes on this board. Double standard definitely being applied by some. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s funny, people bitched and moaned about me complaining about Zacha’s performance because he was too young, meanwhile Smith is a 21 year old defenseman with like 50 games played. He has played basically a half a season in the NHL. Yet people expect him to be a solid NHL defenseman already. 

See also the defending of Jack Hughes on this board. Double standard definitely being applied by some. 

1. No one is saying Smith won’t be a good player one day like you suggested with Hughes

2. Smith should not be logging those big minutes if he is showing to be garbage this season. Earn your ice time. No one is suggesting we give up on Smith and trade him like you have with Zacha. 

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah especially when it comes to young defensemen, you expect them to take some lumps.  I don’t know how good he’ll ultimately be, but I know it’s way too early to start killing him.

Of course, if you’re Damon Severson, apparently you just never ever stop taking some lumps.  

38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

People just need to calm down. We’re 9 games in with 10 points. That’s with key injuries too. The over the top reactions get irritating after a while. 

Edited by MadDog2020

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

People just need to calm down. We’re 9 games in with 10 points. That’s with key injuries too. The over the top reactions get irritating after a while. 

I largely agree, and injuries are a factor, but the special teams continuing to be lousy is both irritating and concerning.  

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

He also didn’t have a training camp or preseason, so it’ll probably take him a little time to catch up. I’m sure that stuff is even more important for younger players 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devlman said:

1. No one is saying Smith won’t be a good player one day like you suggested with Hughes

2. Smith should not be logging those big minutes if he is showing to be garbage this season. Earn your ice time. No one is suggesting we give up on Smith and trade him like you have with Zacha. 

Just not sure what you're expecting really and why you say he should earn his ice time... he's playing bottom pairing minutes / the least in the team at the moment. Plus our top Dman who played a TON is out and they need to distribute those minutes across the other guys, either on the PP and PK. I mean, What's the alternative? 

701626788_ScreenShot2021-11-06at2_07_45PM.thumb.png.b8226342f86de6c1d8089b063470e3d4.png1437515881_ScreenShot2021-11-06at2_08_04PM.thumb.png.134442eeed5cb13164466edc2b128334.png

33 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Just not sure what you're expecting really and why you say he should earn his ice time... he's playing bottom pairing minutes / the least in the team at the moment. Plus our top Dman who played a TON is out and they need to distribute those minutes across the other guys, either on the PP and PK. I mean, What's the alternative? 

701626788_ScreenShot2021-11-06at2_07_45PM.thumb.png.b8226342f86de6c1d8089b063470e3d4.png1437515881_ScreenShot2021-11-06at2_08_04PM.thumb.png.134442eeed5cb13164466edc2b128334.png

He’s of course going to get minutes out of necessity from players being out and as he’s further away from his injury. But if he continues to not get up to speed and make bad decisions with the puck then there should be accountability.

What’s the alternative? Hell if I know. What I do know is he hasn’t inspired confidence that he’ll handle increased ice time well. At least not at the moment. He needs to get his ass in gear because we need him.

5 minutes ago, devlman said:

He’s of course going to get minutes out of necessity from players being out and as he’s further away from his injury. But if he continues to not get up to speed and make bad decisions with the puck then there should be accountability.

What’s the alternative? Hell if I know. What I do know is he hasn’t inspired confidence that he’ll handle increased ice time well. At least not at the moment. He needs to get his ass in gear because we need him.

well i sort of agree in a way but it would be a bit more relevant if he was playing on the top pairing or something and should play less. But again, you can't go much lower than the bottom pairing and we already have questionable dmen playing right now so there's not many good alternative