Ottawa game postponed due to Sens in COVID protocol

DevilMinder

26 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I wonder if it would push more accountability on the teams if they risked forfeiture(of the game) if they let it spread around the locker room like this.

That’s basically what the NFL did. They also made it so any game forfeited meant that players from both teams wouldn’t get paid for the forfeited game.

On 11/15/2021 at 6:54 PM, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

From a personal perspective it would be interesting to know how many people are symptomatic and feeling unwell or of this is because of the enhanced testing protocol. 

At least it shows the programme is working. 

it also shows something else is not working as good unfortunately

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

it also shows something else is not working as good unfortunately

Tsk tsk, just can't help but adhere to DM's request.

Posting this at 3AM EST - you get blasted at the bars and then decide to sh!tpost here? lol

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 2

Not sure what you guys are crying about.

The NHL has put a lot of measures to avoid players / staff getting covid and a bunch of players are getting / spreading it and games are getting cancelled now.

It means something is not working as well as they hoped. That's just a fact. Aren't they supposed to still test every day? how can 10 guys get infected then?

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Ah come on man. Let's be respectful to DM and keep it on topic and not kick anything off on this again. 

Be careful, people in here get all worked up when you tell them to be respectful. I had one of these idiots “block” me because I made that argument and he wanted to continue being disrespectful. 

Also, I think DM’s gripe was with vax/anti-vax talk, not COVID protocols, which in Ottawa’s case, were either not followed or didn’t work. 

Edited by mfitz804

57 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Not sure what you guys are crying about.

The NHL has put a lot of measures to avoid players / staff getting covid and a bunch of players are getting / spreading it and games are getting cancelled now.

It means something is not working as well as they hoped. That's just a fact. Aren't they supposed to still test every day? how can 10 guys get infected then?

If that's what you were saying in your last statement then fine, I apologise. It clearly didn't read that way to some of us, and it was probably the use of "something else" that made people infer you were talking about something other than the protocol. 

In terms of the protocol, nothing is perfect, when you are dealing with something that had a dorment period where it will be below the threshold to show up on a test then you are going to get a lag. Doesn't take much of a lag to get spread amongst a close group.

That was my interest in whether people were asymptomatic and it was picked up all through testing or if someone felt ill and that was the identifier. 

Anyway the Sens have had games cancelled and so far there haven't been cases in the teams they have played, so I would say the protocol was working as expected. 

34 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

If that's what you were saying in your last statement then fine, I apologise. It clearly didn't read that way to some of us, and it was probably the use of "something else" that made people infer you were talking about something other than the protocol. 

In terms of the protocol, nothing is perfect, when you are dealing with something that had a dorment period where it will be below the threshold to show up on a test then you are going to get a lag. Doesn't take much of a lag to get spread amongst a close group.

That was my interest in whether people were asymptomatic and it was picked up all through testing or if someone felt ill and that was the identifier. 

Anyway the Sens have had games cancelled and so far there haven't been cases in the teams they have played, so I would say the protocol was working as expected. 

I'm pretty sure i heard Blackwood saying that players get tested every day that they are vaccinated or not that its just the protocol but i'm not 100% sure either. 

33 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm pretty sure i heard Blackwood saying that players get tested every day that they are vaccinated or not that its just the protocol but i'm not 100% sure either. 

Nah unvaccinated is daily, fully vaccinated is every 72 hours. 

Edit: if there is a case or outbreak it moves to daily for all concerned. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9