Devils Getting a Black Third Jersey

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Saw this in the Devil's regular season thread. Think it deserves its own thread. 

This was on twitterScreenshot_20211119-212802_Twitter.thumb.jpg.49efe77245721b38f5cf9afa02591f90.jpg

I hope to god that they don't go with a stupid Rangerseque font logo. 

cut.png

Edited by msweet
Added official picture

27 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Saw this in the Devil's regular season thread. Think it deserves its own thread. 

This was on twitterScreenshot_20211119-212802_Twitter.thumb.jpg.49efe77245721b38f5cf9afa02591f90.jpg

I hope to god that they don't go with a stupid Rangerseque font logo. 

If it isn’t solid black with red stripes and the regular logo, they can fvck off with this. If the jersey looks anything like that hat, they can really fvck off with this. 

• Like 1

ohhh part of me don't want this to be it cause i personally really don't like it.

But another part of me kind of does cause the fans would have an absolute meltdown and it would be very entertaining.

That being said, they wouldnt just do a random hat like that not based off anything else i feel. Let's brace for impact.

Given that our current and former team Presidents are a bunch of empty suits, I am 100% expecting a black jersey with "Jersey" written on it like that hat.  All they had to was slap our logo on a black jersey and be done with it, but these geniuses that think all people in NJ are hyper-proud, Bon Jovi listening Italians who call NJ "Jersey."

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Apparently people got pre-orders through on it on HF when the link first went up. 

And they are posting on reddit and FB that they received cancellation notices late this afternoon.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

but these geniuses that think all people in NJ are hyper-proud, Bon Jovi listening Italians who call NJ "Jersey."

This is such a bad argument, I can’t believe how inaccurate it is. 

You forgot Bruce Springsteen and failed to reference Jersey Shore. Otherwise it’s 100% correct. 

59 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I won't be purchasing one

Oh, of course you won’t. No one will be purchasing one because as per yooshz, they won’t be available to actually purchase. Unless you want a Fanatics knock-off. Part of the NHL’s brilliant jersey sales strategy.

Edited by MadDog2020

8 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

i might be the outlier. i welcome a new jersey. 

Another jersey is fine. But after hoping for a black Devils jersey for years, we are going to apparently get one with no primary logo, which is a fvcking sin. Wanna incorporate the state into it? No problem. Put outlines of NJ on each shoulder. I don’t need ‘Jersey’ in that lame-ass script font. I actually want the exact jersey @MB3 designed and posted a while back, but if we got that as a template and added or tweaked, I’d be good. But it looks like they are gonna fvck it up. Hope I’m wrong, but that hat ain’t good news.

36 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Another jersey is fine. But after hoping for a black Devils jersey for years, we are going to apparently get one with no primary logo, which is a fvcking sin. Wanna incorporate the state into it? No problem. Put outlines of NJ on each shoulder. I don’t need ‘Jersey’ in that lame-ass script font. I actually want the exact jersey @MB3 designed and posted a while back, but if we got that as a template and added or tweaked, I’d be good. But it looks like they are gonna fvck it up. Hope I’m wrong, but that hat ain’t good news.

i think we should do a yellow state flag jersey. nashville butchered theirs. now we take over. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pumpkin cutter said:

i might be the outlier. i welcome a new jersey. 

Oh me too.

But not one that has “Jersey” across it, in the font shown on the hat.

MB3’s design, I’d still scoop up that in a heartbeat.  And there’s other fan designs that I’ve seen that I’ve liked (though MB3’s is still my top choice for a black Devils jersey).  

• Like 2

There's an interesting parallel here. 

Devils fans wanting a black jersey, fans online making their own versions and what they'd like.... waiting and waiting, teased by rumours and reports. Now there's a legit rumour that one is coming out... and it is, for real this time! Then you get this black jersey jersey................. When all the fans really wanted was the same jersey we already had, simple, classic logo, but black. So simple!

This is basically what happened with Ghostbusters movies too when that terrible remake came out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1