Devils Getting a Black Third Jersey

Chimaira_Devil_#9

17 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’ll be pretty disappointed if it really is just “Jersey” down the front. The current logo would look amazing on black, and it would definitely be a big missed opportunity, imo. 

I don’t disagree, but I also do like the concept of a true 3rd jersey, which really requires an alternate logo. 

I don’t think “Jersey” is that logo. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t disagree, but I also do like the concept of a true 3rd jersey, which really requires an alternate logo. 

I just feel like alternate logos are so rarely good. I did like the Blue Jackets cannon jerseys better than any of their mains, but the list of bad ones is much longer. 

10 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Given that our current and former team Presidents are a bunch of empty suits, I am 100% expecting a black jersey with "Jersey" written on it like that hat.  All they had to was slap our logo on a black jersey and be done with it, but these geniuses that think all people in NJ are hyper-proud, Bon Jovi listening Italians who call NJ "Jersey."

And they are posting on reddit and FB that they received cancellation notices late this afternoon.

Watch what you say about Italians 🇮🇹💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Agreed. To me it just feels lazy. You think they would be able to do something more creative where our brand and mascot is the Devil. 

Been searching through Twitter and found a few things, take it all with a big pinch of salt:

Also saw a tweet which said the jersey will not prominently feature red. Only the logo, the rest will be black , silver and grey. 

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

There's an interesting parallel here. 

Devils fans wanting a black jersey, fans online making their own versions and what they'd like.... waiting and waiting, teased by rumours and reports. Now there's a legit rumour that one is coming out... and it is, for real this time! Then you get this black jersey jersey................. When all the fans really wanted was the same jersey we already had, simple, classic logo, but black. So simple!

This is basically what happened with Ghostbusters movies too when that terrible remake came out.

I would’ve been open to an actual devil being the crest, but I get that finding a devil design with universal appear would’ve been just about impossible.  That being said, yeah, the logo would’ve been the best way to go, and as most fan concepts have shown, there’s ways to tweak the logo to make it seem fresh/a little different, but still “feel” right (MB3 removed the circle, which worked just fine with his design).  

9 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I just feel like alternate logos are so rarely good. I did like the Blue Jackets cannon jerseys better than any of their mains, but the list of bad ones is much longer. 

You aren’t wrong, but there are probably a hundred ways to do “Devils” the right way. 

24 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

best state flag. alaska's is a close 2nd

I’m biased, but I’ve always like my home state flag (even if I’m not crazy about how CBJ used it on their jersey). It’s unique because of the shape.

Maryland’s is pretty cool, too. Anyway, enough fun with flags presented by Sheldon Cooper lol. 

21 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m biased, but I’ve always like my home state flag (even if I’m not crazy about how CBJ used it on their jersey). It’s unique because of the shape.

Maryland’s is pretty cool, too. Anyway, enough fun with flags presented by Sheldon Cooper lol. 

Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

In all seriousness who doesn't love a bit of vexillology? 

51 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m a nerd in many ways, but I definitely have not ranked the State flags in order of my favorites lol. 

• Haha 1