Devils Getting a Black Third Jersey

Chimaira_Devil_#9

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Garbage. I won’t be buying one. 

Not that I’ve made this any secret, but this one has me flat-out PISSED.  I’m sure that several potential designs were presented…how the hell was THIS ONE the winner?!  Oh, because the “think tank” clearly has no connection with the fanbase at all.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

There's no possible way we can wear that for any actual NHL game. How could somebody possibly think a jersey with a few stripes and then literally the word Jersey on it is actually good? 

The people on the business side of the organization- like that suit Jake Reynolds, and the idiot before him who left- are about as tone deaf about our fanbase as it gets. No finger on the pulse whatsoever. I hope when no one buys this dish rag, it’ll open their eyes and make them consider a career change. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not that I’ve made this any secret, but this one has me flat-out PISSED.  I’m sure that several potential designs were presented…how the hell was THIS ONE the winner?!  Oh, because the “think tank” clearly has no connection with the fanbase at all.  

Me too CR. I’m furious at this. It’s absolutely the stupidest jersey I’ve ever seen. At least put NEW Jersey on it if you’re gonna do it this way. JERSEY? Yeah no sh!t it’s a jersey, now fvcking burn it and never let it see the light of fvcking day. 

• Like 2

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Me too CR. I’m furious at this. It’s absolutely the stupidest jersey I’ve ever seen. At least put NEW Jersey on it if you’re gonna do it this way. JERSEY? Yeah no sh!t it’s a jersey, now fvcking burn it and never let it see the light of fvcking day. 

They might as well have spelled it “Joisey”.  Might as well go all the way in stereotyping us.

And while they’re at it, fvck it, make the nameplate font script too.  God-fvcking-DAMMIT.

1 minute ago, devlman said:

The ownership and management group from day friggin one have been so clueless into the wants of this fanbase. They honestly don’t care. I was hoping with Scott O’Neill gone that this kind of sh!t would stop.

Nope. They just replaced him with another suit with no clue about anything in that douche Reynolds. Another corporate stooge with absolutely no idea- nor any desire to find out- what we as a fanbase care about. They use stereotypes of NJ and think DURRRRR people from NJ say ‘Jersey’ a lot to describe where they’re from, the jersey should say Jersey because hip and cool DURRRRR. Everyone from the person with the initial idea, to the creative team, all the way down to any intern that was within 59 feet of this sh!trag needs to be fired. I hope they all fvcking read this too. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The people on the business side of the organization- like that suit Jake Reynolds, and the idiot before him who left- are about as tone deaf about our fanbase as it gets. No finger on the pulse whatsoever. I hope when no one buys this dish rag, it’ll open their eyes and make them consider a career change. 

This will never happen, and it will sound extreme/very over-the-top, but I would love it if fans didn’t show up for the first game when these are worn.  Just to let ownership know how much that we really fvcking hate these things.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Oddly enough, I am feeling the same way. I was going to pursue a game worn, but now I think it’s a Fanatics one just to have it, or none. Didnt think that could happen. 

The only acceptable reason to purchase one of these monstrosities is losing a bet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s a huge swing and a miss. Things that would be better: a Devil face (not the emoji version, think more Cardiff Devils), the actual Jersey Devil, the Binghamton pitchfork logo, or a picture of Jack Hughes’ tiny balls. 

A jersey with Pauline Walnuts and Tony Soprano on the front would’ve been better than this. 

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Players don't care that much, these are more insanely boring than goofy looking like that Blues trumpet jersey from years ago lol

Yeah they aren’t THAT bad. Mostly they are just boring, uninspired, and honoring a team nobody gives a fvck about. 

• Like 1

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Yeah they aren’t THAT bad. Mostly they are just boring, uninspired, and honoring a team nobody gives a fvck about. 

Plus it’s a jersey that says ‘Jersey’ on it. No one stopped for a minute to consider how dumb that looks and sounds?! How the fvck did any of these idiots get their jobs?!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Players don't care that much, these are more insanely boring than goofy looking like that Blues trumpet jersey from years ago lol

Yeah, these being so utterly unremarkable is almost worse. At least some of the truly awful designs (Mooterus, fish sticks, etc) are fun as a novelty. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1