Devils Getting a Black Third Jersey

Chimaira_Devil_#9

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It’s based on the Newark Bulldogs jerseys.  Because their history means SO much to Devils fans.  What a great idea.  

What? You don't remember their glorious one and only season where they went 14-26?!? And you call yourself a Devils fan?

They don't even have their own Wikipedia page lol

Remember when this was the slogan for awhile for the team? I still don't love just having "JERSEY" on the front but if they were gonna do this they literally had a better looking font they already used in the past on other things. It still should say "NEW JERSEY" no matter what the stupid font is though.

s-l300.jpg

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This will never happen, and it will sound extreme/very over-the-top, but I would love it if fans didn’t show up for the first game when these are worn.  Just to let ownership know how much that we really fvcking hate these things.

Maybe the fans will boo the jersey, we have booed new goal songs before lol

20 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Looks like something you might see hanging in a t shirt shop on the Wildwood or Seaside Heights boardwalk.   Maybe they could complete the design by writing something across the butt on the pants 

Right, they just needs to airbrush it with the little stars around it. 

I don't mind them paying homage to the Newark Bulldogs if that's important to the Newark community. They successfully modernized that style, and I'm totally cool with that. But man would those have looked sharp with that white Devils logo there instead. I even would have been cool with them incorporating the Devils logo into some kind of new emblem like what the Panthers or Kings did when they introduced new uniforms. Not a huge fan of "Jersey", especially with that font, which doesn't seem to me like it belongs on an NHL uniform. But, I will admit that when other jerseys were first revealed (first when the NHL switched to Adidas, and then with the reverse retro jerseys came out), I wasn't so sure I liked them until I saw them on the players. I really like both of those now, so I'll reserve my judgment on the third jerseys for later.

5 hours ago, nessus said:

I don't mind them paying homage to the Newark Bulldogs if that's important to the Newark community. 

The Newark community doesn't even know who the Newark Bulldogs are let alone them being important to them. Hell you could probably survey all the fans at a game one day and even the vast majority of them wouldn't know either. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The Newark community doesn't even know who the Newark Bulldogs are let alone them being important to them. Hell you could probably survey all the fans at a game one day and even the vast majority of them wouldn't know either. 

You gotta have three boxes though

yes

no

not until you guys fvcked with our normal jersey and I was forced to learn there was a team that existed for one year some a$$hole now has a huge raging hard on for, seriously, was this individuals grandfather the spittoon cleaner when this team existed? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

And those who do know about them only do because of the paying of inappropriate homage to them with a black bottom stripe. 

• Like 2

I don't understand the fascination with shortening of cities/states names.  i was watching a Raider game recently and the TV scoreboard had them as "LV" I was half expecting VEGAS or V.  I know it's to make a few extra bucks but most of the designs are lousy.  As much as these designs are derided there are idiots people that buy them.  I do take solace that the "Jersey" jersey is not on the level of Dallas' mooterus, the bufflaslug, the Kings Burger King, or even the Oilers armored sperm. (Edit:How could I forget fish sticks?😀) Hopefully not too many idiots people buy them and it dies a quick death.  Then we'll see them donated to kids from poor countries next to Super Bowl loser "Champion" Shirts

Edited by Rock
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Rock said:

I don't understand the fascination with shortening of cities/states names.  i was watching a Raider game recently and the TV scoreboard had them as "LV" I was half expecting VEGAS or V.  I know it's to make a few extra bucks but most of the designs are lousy.  As much as these designs are derided there are idiots people that buy them.  I do take solace that the "Jersey" jersey is not on the level of Dallas' mooterus, the bufflaslug, the Kings Burger King, or even the Oilers armored sperm.  Hopefully not too many idiots people buy them and it dies a quick death.  Then we'll see them donated to kids from poor countries next to Super Bowl loser "Champion" Shirts

And then the ones that did get bought by fans become highly sought after and worth a ton of money. 

2 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

Just wear the black practice jersey, I like those.

Hell, they could’ve just gone with the black Starter layout from the 90s, and removed the red shoulder yoke.  A number of older fans remember those (I still see them at games here and there), and it would bring back a general layout that fans are familiar with.  Maybe a little “safe”, but much better than the Jersey jersey.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hell, they could’ve just gone with the black Starter layout from the 90s, and removed the red shoulder yoke.  A number of older fans remember those (I still see them at games here and there), and it would bring back a general layout that fans are familiar with.  Maybe a little “safe”, but much better than the Jersey jersey.  

Even with the red yoke they would be better. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Even with the red yoke they would be better. 

Agreed 100%, I just think no red yoke would look very clean.