Devils Getting a Black Third Jersey

Chimaira_Devil_#9

7 hours ago, MB3 said:

i’m kinda betting the devils will have jersey numbers on the front underneath the word-logo, which will make it look a little less plain? 

i dunno. i just kinda like it lol 

I could see it being almost like an Aeropostale shirt from the early 00’s.

but now that it’s side by side with the Hawks’ one, I’m actually more mad. They only swapped the white collar for laces. Zero creativity when they had literally hundreds of better ideas they could have borrowed from, but instead we get the early 2000s teenager jersey.

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

Here are better looking pictures. Don't hate it as much as the first picture that leaked, I kinda dig it. But I don't like the shoulder stripes, like at all.

7 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

image.thumb.png.ad5bf243832a8ece23d49ff20b17a022.png

The whole kit'll kinda look like this I'd imagine... I don't think it's all that bad. Especially with the touch of red in our logo.  

Like seriously, laces instead of white collar and a new logo?

Guess Chicago’s sales were so piss poor the easier solution was to rip the logo off and pass them to another fan base.

8 hours ago, Devs3cups said:
Here are better looking pictures. Don't hate it as much as the first picture that leaked, I kinda dig it. But I don't like the shoulder stripes, like at all.

I'm still not a fan, but if they just filled in the black stripes with red and ditched the "Jersey" for the Devils logo...I could live with it on the ice.  

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

So Marty led the design…. I thought Marty knew us better.

Guess there are a lot of things Marty Isn’t better in…

holy sh!t my disappointment with literally taking the Blackhawks retreads but then all of the made up justifications is insane. I am beyond reasonably pissed off about these

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

So Marty led the design…. I thought Marty knew us better.

Sadly, it sounds like Frechette and Reynolds (whose quotes couldn't have reeked more of "Yep, a couple of corporate dweebuses") basically heard Marty mention that some fans say "Jersey" when referring where they're from, so of course, that means EVERYONE from New Jersey must say the same thing!  'Cause we're all the same don't you know!

I've never ONCE referred to myself as being from "Jersey".  I was born and raised in NEW JERSEY.  That's how I refer to it when I say where I'm from.  I know many others who do the same.  Yes, some people from this area will say "Jersey", but it's not this fvcking universal thing.  And I don't need some corporate outsider like Frechette parachuting in from friggin' CALGARY (her work experience was strictly Canadian prior to coming here) all of sudden acting like she's got us all pegged.  Stay in your Canadian lane bitch.    

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Red - acknowledging a legacy of red which honors or fans

so much so it’s barely on the freaking thing.

E775BAD0-204F-4400-9F2A-2FB3E8D4AD0A.jpeg

This is just like the home and away Adidas jerseys...trying way too hard to stuff in references, at the expense of the overall design.  21 counties?  That really needed to be a thing?  

And yeah, "touch of red"?  Like I said, swapping out the black stripes for red and changing that lower white hem to red...at least there's much more Devils in the jersey...sh!t, just change that damned "Jersey" to "Devils", and with these changes listed, I would consider buying one.  But that whole "Jersey" thing (and especially what it represents, as far as why it's there) just kills it for me.  And it's kinda sad, because now that I'm seeing this general template on a player, it doesn't look THAT bad...not saying that I love it, just that instead of a 1 on a scale of 1 - 10, now it's more like a 4 (even hating the "Jersey" part as much as I do).  

• Like 1

I am not from New Jersey but live 5 minutes away. We all say New Jersey, unless you are going to the Jersey Shore, which was a thing long before it was a show. 

Still, it makes no sense. I didn’t see the Rangers or Isles putting out their York 3rds, when will that be announced? 

No front numbers in the official pictures, will also be disappointing because I feel like they need them. 

Side Note: If it said “Devs” like the other one says “Rivs”, it would still be awful but it would kind of feel like I was repping this site by wearing it so I would get one. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Sadly, it sounds like Frechette and Reynolds (whose quotes couldn't have reeked more of "Yep, a couple of corporate dweebuses") basically heard Marty mention that some fans say "Jersey" when referring where they're from, so of course, that means EVERYONE from New Jersey must say the same thing!  'Cause we're all the same don't you know!

I've never ONCE referred to myself as being from "Jersey".  I was born and raised in NEW JERSEY.  That's how I refer to it when I say where I'm from.  I know many others who do the same.  Yes, some people from this area will say "Jersey", but it's not this fvcking universal thing.  And I don't need some corporate outsider like Frechette parachuting in from friggin' CALGARY (her work experience was strictly Canadian prior to coming here) all of sudden acting like she's got us all pegged.  Stay in your Canadian lane bitch.    

According to everything I have read, it was a combo of Frechette, Brodeur and Patrick Warburton.  So basically they got some empty Canadian marketing suit who has been with the team exactly 3 years this month and a guy who portrayed a Devils fan on a sitcom 27 years ago to be 2 out of the 3 in the Triumvirate of Shame with these jerseys.

Oh and if what Marty says is true then in all the years he was in NJ I guess he never ventured out of Hudson, Essex and Bergen counties.

22 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Is anyone else disturbed by how poorly sewn the numbers appear to be? I feel like I see loose threads on many of them. Check out Marty’s at the end. 

This is even more low brow than not sending Luke Hughes a jersey to put on on draft night. 

Yeah it is bad, but I am hoping it is that way because they are early versions/mock ups and not what will go on the ice.

I have to admit, I am pleasantly surprised they went with a drop shadow.  It actually adds more color to the back numbers.  Wish they added it to the nameplate as well.

Edit: Also, if you look closely in the video, you can see they used Indos and not MiC ones.

Edited by DevsMan84

I am being incredibly cynical but it would not surprise me at all if the whole "Marty designed it" bullsh!t was thought up after they saw the response. Thinking "oh they might be a bit more understanding of the know Marty helped, they love Marty". 

• Like 1