Devils Getting a Black Third Jersey

Chimaira_Devil_#9

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

My first thought was that it's pretty meh but at least not actively ugly. Just plain. But classic hockey jerseys are always plain and simple, there's a classiness to that

seeing the players wearing it it's kind of growing on me too.

Would i make a tweak or 2 to it? sure. But wtv, it's literally impossible to please everyone with any design. I'm a designer, trust me, i know design by committee is the worst fvcking thing lol

Also when we got the new jerseys, a lot of people hated them too. Now i don't even think about it. 

Yeah, but I think as long some version of the Devils logo appeared in the crest area (that white logo/red shadow really does look pretty damned good), it wouldn't have been nearly as widely panned.  Everything else could have remained completely the same.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

It's still dogsh!t imo. Makes it even worse that it's my team that came up so lame on the effort. Huge wiff when there were so many other options to knock it out of the park, a handful of them done here by you guys over the last year or two. That's what happens when you take interns and promote them to instant experts, pay them pennies to work in professional sports and turn them loose. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Crisis said:

This is it! Why couldn't it have been this?!

Really is sad...just this change alone makes this SO much better.  If this is what was released, I think there would have been some minor complaints initially, but I also think most fans would've took to it pretty quickly.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Lol this is pretty spot on... 

I think they actually look better on a hanger because I can walk right by them. Seeing them on the players on the ice is worst case scenario. The worst of Seaside Heights boardwalk, that's saying a whole lot.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I like PK but he literally says Adidas is one of his partners, he ain't gonna sh!t on it lol none of these guys would even if they didn't like it. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 3

On 11/20/2021 at 11:11 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As much as there’s no saving this one…jeez, couldn’t they have made the black stripes and bottom white hem RED?  You know, that primary Devils color that barely got implemented at all?  At least then, it might go from a “1” on a scale of 1 to 10 to, say, maybe a “3”.  

adidas does like a lot of stripes. But colour work... meh. I dont like baseball font. This is stupid. Hockey has hockey own design culture. It even doesnt look like AHL jersey. It is look like lazy designed school jersey somewhere in Jersey. Or may be some jersey university. 

They did play with newark bulldogs. OK. History of hockey. Why they didn`t use hockey traditioning moves if they talk about freakin tradition. 

I don`t like it. And  really stupid word calambur starting to exist when they did decide to write jersey on jersey.

Edited by Guadana

The whole Seaside Heights souvenir look is really the script font used for "Jersey". Say what you want about Schiano as a football coach, he canned the elaborate 18th century script R  for the block serif you see on bumper stickers today. That soft curvy font is totally forgettable. It does not even whisper HOCKEY, let alone NEW JERSEY. 

Heck,I talked to a visual artist about the font I use to present financial statements to clients. Fonts are same as the tone in your voice when you say something. 

And that font says....Nada. Nil, Zilch, Wimp. It doesn't say "New Jersey, Where the Weak are Killed and Eaten". That's what I want from a font on a New Jersey hockey jersey.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

What a sh!t article... 

"going with the more familiar/colloquial “Jersey” is a good choice that likely will have pop culture ramifications when celebrities from New Jersey embrace this new design." 

Lmfao fvck outta here with this nonsense. Like this jersey is somehow gonna have a bigger pop culture reference than the old jerseys had.

• Like 4