Devils Getting a Black Third Jersey

Chimaira_Devil_#9

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

What a sh!t article... 

"going with the more familiar/colloquial “Jersey” is a good choice that likely will have pop culture ramifications when celebrities from New Jersey embrace this new design." 

Lmfao fvck outta here with this nonsense. Like this jersey is somehow gonna have a bigger pop culture reference than the old jerseys had.

standing ovation clap GIF

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It’s gonna be purple and green with ‘Rado in block letters on the front. 

And they’ll pay homage to “famous” historic Colorado teams, such as the Denver Invaders and the Rocky Mountain Rage.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, MB3 said:

what a weird post. if i ever got a financial statement in anything other than a serif font i’d throw it away lol.

I think @SterioDesigncan shed some more light on this but as part of my architecture curriculum in school we took a few levels of graphic design classes and one specifically focused on fonts. I find this to be a very attractive logo whether or not you think your clients want to see it on a billing statement lmfao.

not sure what this is supposed to accomplish but wtv, here it is

1795441372_ScreenShot2021-11-24at12_16_12AM.thumb.png.7504c26f49a582dff6b4aaffcba41d6d.png

3 hours ago, titans04 said:

A very special font was used where the logo is in script but yet there's different 2 breaks between letters. 

That's pretty creative in itself, wonder if that was Marty's idea? Makes it look even more amateurish.

J ers ey ! 

Nothing i could say will make you love it if you don't. However, if you bring up technical aspects saying that it's wrong or amateur because there's breaks, that i will step in and  point out that it's totally fine and often necessary to have breaks between letters when using a script font cause depending on the letters being next to each other it might make it harder to read or confusing. Depending on the font, an n may look like an m if there's 2 in a row or 2 n may look like a w or just look weird. An o and and l may look like a d, etc etc

So as a designer you have to look at the letters and make creative decisions to make sure it's easy to read. So you might have to tweak things or have breaks here and here. Also as a major rule the capital letter very very very rarely connected with the rest of the word. 

You also don't have to trust what im saying but just off the top of my head just look at the Fender logo, look at the Kellogg's logo, Ray Ban, Nicole Miller, Sharpie. In all those ones, if you'd connect all the letters it would look weird. And also the capital letter is not connected to the rest in any of them.

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

lmao boo this man.

but really! you’re a wildly talented graphic designer i’m sure you have an opinion on the font.

Well I do have an opinion but i don't believe my professional credentials would/should have any sort of impact on anyone's opinion.

On top of design/art being highly subjective, we live in a world where people will simply believe what they want to believe literally no matter what, even in somewhat objective fields where professionals are not always seeing eye to eye on subjects. People will just trust the one professional that happens to align with what they want to believe haha You just know that everywhere there's biased mechanics pushing their personal "GM vs Ford" bullsh!t opinions on their clients haha

I personally think there's nothing objectively ugly on that jersey, there's also nothing objectively creative about it, but looks like its not what they were going for. Most criticism comes from people not getting what they wanted, mostly, and it's not that unfair either. We all feel like most fan concepts we've seen through the years would have been great. I think we're the only 2 guys who kind of like or at least don't mind the new jersey. If this was our new official jersey i'd be upset cause it would take over the other one with something i feel is subpar, but this is an alternate that they'll only wear a few times, so i just don't care that much, every teams is dealing with this. Like everyone i prefer the one you did or just about any of the black concepts ive seen. But this is what we got.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I personally think there's nothing objectively ugly on that jersey, there's also nothing objectively creative about it

I think this about sums it up for me, with the added fact that I think it’s stupid to have a jersey that says “Jersey”, and it’s being mocked accordingly. 

That said, I ordered one yesterday in case they go away and in case I decide I don’t want a game worn. 

11 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I just hope we don’t forget the NJ Rock N Rollers when designing the next jersey 🤣

i'm a little late in responding to this.  I actually had season tickets to the Rock N Rollers.😮  I remember one game had to be cancelled because the floor was still wet after they melted the ice from the last game of the Stanley Cup finals.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rock said:

i'm a little late in responding to this.  I actually had season tickets to the Rock N Rollers.😮  I remember one game had to be cancelled because the floor was still wet after they melted the ice from the last game of the Stanley Cup finals.  

I thought about going to one of those games, but never did (I lived very close to the Meadowlands at the time...used to go to Devils games constantly, often last-second).  Was it an entertaining product?  That league died pretty quickly.  

25 minutes ago, Rock said:

That’s awesome 🤣

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I thought about going to one of those games, but never did (I lived very close to the Meadowlands at the time...used to go to Devils games constantly, often last-second).  Was it an entertaining product?  That league died pretty quickly.  

I remember a few were on the old SportsChannel and my 13-14 year old self thought it was great. High scoring from what I recall. I have no idea what I would think of it these days. 

Hey…. Speaking of this roller hockey, does anyone remember Pro Beach Hockey? The 90s were fun

29A8D6C4-031C-4BE4-89CA-1F09E5B672DC.jpeg.036a415aed0ba0374245839f1d38fa20.jpeg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It was fun and cheap.  Since I lived about 10 minutes away from the sports complex no hassle to get to.  The kids seemed to like it.  Lime green with a musical staff and a guy in sunglasses playing a guitar, how did the Devils miss incorporating those features into the their "Jersey" Jersey?😎

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

A few years ago someone pointed out to me that the Blackhawks logo has a pair of elongated balls in it. And I haven’t been able to unsee it since…

And now I can't either...thanks a lot, lmao