Devils Getting a Black Third Jersey

Chimaira_Devil_#9

I bought a Hughes sweater for my son.  It was easier to get than the RR's.  He likes this sweater and I don't hate it at all, I'm just not a fan of adding a black jersey.  I think the red and green were fine as an alternate sweater. 

But I can't wait to see what these look like on the ice.

Could you imagine if they actually used our logo and we didn’t become a freaking punchline with this stupid uniform? Those things would have sold out, this thread would have been filled with pictures of fans wearing them.

But no, we got the 1999 Jersey Shore collection from Aeropostale, created by Martin Brodeur, (REMEMBER FANS, MARTY MADE THIS!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yeah it seemed really weird. No Hamilton, Hughes, Nico. What a strange choice 

Yeah why SO many PK jerseys?  Makes absolutely no sense.

And you’re right jag, the rest of the jersey has kind of grown on me…but that “Jersey” crest really kills it.  Any decent variation of the Devils logo and this thing sells like crazy.

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Could you imagine if they actually used our logo and we didn’t become a freaking punchline with this stupid uniform? Those things would have sold out, this thread would have been filled with pictures of fans wearing them.

But no, we got the 1999 Jersey Shore collection from Aeropostale, created by Martin Brodeur, (REMEMBER FANS, MARTY MADE THIS!)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

The booing won’t change anything. The nhl 3rd jersey rules say that a team must make a 3 year commitment with 12-13 appearances per season. We’ll see those things at least 36 times

I doubt the Devils ever do this, but what if they could keep everything else intact, and change the crest at some point?  Kind of what the Isles did when they ditched the fishsticks logo for the classics Islanders logo, but kept the rest of the jersey intact (think they did this for about half of the last season they wore that jersey template, before abandoning the look altogether the following season).  

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I doubt the Devils ever do this, but what if they could keep everything else intact, and change the crest at some point?  Kind of what the Isles did when they ditched the fishsticks logo for the classics Islanders logo, but kept the rest of the jersey intact (think they did this for about half of the last season they wore that jersey template, before abandoning the look altogether the following season).  

Would be one of the dumbest moves every made by this organization. The 3rd jerseys exist for this very reason to me. You create alternate logos for the 3rd jersey, make new ones every couple of years but ya never change the original now. 

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Would be one of the dumbest moves every made by this organization. The 3rd jerseys exist for this very reason to me. You create alternate logos for the 3rd jersey, make new ones every couple of years but ya never change the original now. 

I meant for the third jersey.  That’s what I was referring to.

• Like 1

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Ah gotcha, yeah I thought you were talking about the regular ones. Honestly I'd rather just an entirely new 3rd jersey when we get to that point. I want more red in it.

Sure, but if they’re committed to this general design for three years…guess I’m wondering if, based on negative fan reaction, if they could ditch the “Jersey” logo for a legit Devils logo for the final two seasons (rest of the jersey would remain completely intact).  Not that they will…just wondering if they would be allowed to. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I know some people don't like this but I love it, it's the only way our fan base can really get their point across besides not spending money on it... 

I just think it's amusing...boos don't speak as loud as the number of jerseys that actually get sold.

Besides this is an alternate jersey in the end...not worth getting in a tizzy over.  It'd be a whole nother story if they were changing the primary logo and shirt to this but they're not...yet.

Edited by NJDevs4978

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I just think it's amusing...boos don't speak as loud as the number of jerseys that actually get sold.

Besides this is an alternate jersey in the end...not worth getting in a tizzy over.  It'd be a whole nother story if they were changing the primary logo and shirt to this but they're not.

I think a lot of it is just the way the internet works. People love to have something to complain about, and “outrage” at something like this is almost to be expected. 

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

If anyone cared about the fan base’s opinion, these jerseys wouldn’t exist. Boo it all you want, nobody will care and nothing will change. 

Fair point although they cared enough to make Marty the point person on this to try to insulate from some of the inevitable backlash.

9 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Fair point although they cared enough to make Marty the point person on this to try to insulate from some of the inevitable backlash.

Half of our fan base hates Marty as a person, so if that was their thought, it was misguided. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yeah it seemed really weird. No Hamilton, Hughes, Nico. What a strange choice 

Like i'm still upset buying a Kovalchuk jersey thinking "well the dude just signed a basically forever contract here, it's safe.

and then he was gone.

Subban could be gone in literally 3-4 months. The writing is one the wall. How is that a good marketing or personal move

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

I agree with @NJDevs4978 I don't give two sh!ts what Marty does in his personal life or whatever he supports but then again people also keep saying he played for the St. Louis Blues and I don't know what those people are talking about either. 

I don’t disagree, I fee the same way. A lot of people don’t. He does not get the level of respect he deserves from a good portion of the fanbase, giant statue notwithstanding. 

• Like 1

I honestly think that pitchfork logo that was revealed a while back would have been a great choice for this jersey. It's Devils-related, but different from the main logo. Would have complimented the style of this jersey, and satisfied the expectation of a third jersey to be something different. Seems like we are the NJ Jerseys rather than the NJ Devils, kind of like when The Sabres' jersey was just a Buffalo head.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nessus said:

I honestly think that pitchfork logo that was revealed a while back would have been a great choice for this jersey. It's Devils-related, but different from the main logo. Would have complimented the style of this jersey, and satisfied the expectation of a third jersey to be something different. Seems like we are the NJ Jerseys rather than the NJ Devils, kind of like when The Sabres' jersey was just a Buffalo head.

Would have been perfect. 

41 minutes ago, nessus said:

6288FDB3-BDFF-4CBE-B609-9AFC8E37873B.thumb.webp.c9fbc6b188a58815877a1017f001994d.webp

This logo (without the Binghamton) on the new 3rd with a touch more red would have worked