Jump to content

Devils Getting a Black Third Jersey


Chimaira_Devil_#9
 Share

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

 

The Mike’s actually makes it look a teeny-tiny bit better…which is really REALLY sad…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolute trash wow. Just wear the greens and reds. Who on earth thought these were a good idea

And what is the point of all the idiotic stripes. Fans asked for the stripes back on the bottom of the home and roads, not random black and white striped nonsense on some 3rd abomination

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, '7' said:

Absolute trash wow. Just wear the greens and reds. Who on earth thought these were a good idea

And what is the point of all the idiotic stripes. Fans asked for the stripes back on the bottom of the home and roads, not random black and white striped nonsense on some 3rd abomination

It’s based on the Newark Bulldogs jerseys.  Because their history means SO much to Devils fans.  What a great idea.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It’s based on the Newark Bulldogs jerseys.  Because their history means SO much to Devils fans.  What a great idea.  

What? You don't remember their glorious one and only season where they went 14-26?!? And you call yourself a Devils fan?

..... 

They don't even have their own Wikipedia page lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Remember when this was the slogan for awhile for the team? I still don't love just having "JERSEY" on the front but if they were gonna do this they literally had a better looking font they already used in the past on other things. It still should say "NEW JERSEY" no matter what the stupid font is though.

s-l300.jpg

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This will never happen, and it will sound extreme/very over-the-top, but I would love it if fans didn’t show up for the first game when these are worn.  Just to let ownership know how much that we really fvcking hate these things.

Maybe the fans will boo the jersey, we have booed new goal songs before lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Those truly awful designs are also fun cause they aren't ours lol

I once said I would buy our third jersey if it had a flaming dildo on it. They managed to find something I consider worse than a flaming dildo. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Looks like something you might see hanging in a t shirt shop on the Wildwood or Seaside Heights boardwalk.   Maybe they could complete the design by writing something across the butt on the pants 

Right, they just needs to airbrush it with the little stars around it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Looks like something you might see hanging in a t shirt shop on the Wildwood or Seaside Heights boardwalk.   Maybe they could complete the design by writing something across the butt on the pants 

Like the word “PANTS”? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't mind them paying homage to the Newark Bulldogs if that's important to the Newark community. They successfully modernized that style, and I'm totally cool with that. But man would those have looked sharp with that white Devils logo there instead. I even would have been cool with them incorporating the Devils logo into some kind of new emblem like what the Panthers or Kings did when they introduced new uniforms. Not a huge fan of "Jersey", especially with that font, which doesn't seem to me like it belongs on an NHL uniform. But, I will admit that when other jerseys were first revealed (first when the NHL switched to Adidas, and then with the reverse retro jerseys came out), I wasn't so sure I liked them until I saw them on the players. I really like both of those now, so I'll reserve my judgment on the third jerseys for later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, nessus said:

I don't mind them paying homage to the Newark Bulldogs if that's important to the Newark community. 

The Newark community doesn't even know who the Newark Bulldogs are let alone them being important to them. Hell you could probably survey all the fans at a game one day and even the vast majority of them wouldn't know either. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The Newark community doesn't even know who the Newark Bulldogs are let alone them being important to them. Hell you could probably survey all the fans at a game one day and even the vast majority of them wouldn't know either. 

You gotta have three boxes though

yes

no

not until you guys fvcked with our normal jersey and I was forced to learn there was a team that existed for one year some a$$hole now has a huge raging hard on for, seriously, was this individuals grandfather the spittoon cleaner when this team existed? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

The Newark community doesn't even know who the Newark Bulldogs are let alone them being important to them. Hell you could probably survey all the fans at a game one day and even the vast majority of them wouldn't know either. 

And those who do know about them only do because of the paying of inappropriate homage to them with a black bottom stripe. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't understand the fascination with shortening of cities/states names.  i was watching a Raider game recently and the TV scoreboard had them as "LV" I was half expecting VEGAS or V.  I know it's to make a few extra bucks but most of the designs are lousy.  As much as these designs are derided there are idiots people that buy them.  I do take solace that the "Jersey" jersey is not on the level of Dallas' mooterus, the bufflaslug, the Kings Burger King, or even the Oilers armored sperm. (Edit:How could I forget fish sticks?😀) Hopefully not too many idiots people buy them and it dies a quick death.  Then we'll see them donated to kids from poor countries next to Super Bowl loser "Champion" Shirts

Edited by Rock
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rock said:

I don't understand the fascination with shortening of cities/states names.  i was watching a Raider game recently and the TV scoreboard had them as "LV" I was half expecting VEGAS or V.  I know it's to make a few extra bucks but most of the designs are lousy.  As much as these designs are derided there are idiots people that buy them.  I do take solace that the "Jersey" jersey is not on the level of Dallas' mooterus, the bufflaslug, the Kings Burger King, or even the Oilers armored sperm.  Hopefully not too many idiots people buy them and it dies a quick death.  Then we'll see them donated to kids from poor countries next to Super Bowl loser "Champion" Shirts

And then the ones that did get bought by fans become highly sought after and worth a ton of money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

Just wear the black practice jersey, I like those.

Hell, they could’ve just gone with the black Starter layout from the 90s, and removed the red shoulder yoke.  A number of older fans remember those (I still see them at games here and there), and it would bring back a general layout that fans are familiar with.  Maybe a little “safe”, but much better than the Jersey jersey.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hell, they could’ve just gone with the black Starter layout from the 90s, and removed the red shoulder yoke.  A number of older fans remember those (I still see them at games here and there), and it would bring back a general layout that fans are familiar with.  Maybe a little “safe”, but much better than the Jersey jersey.  

Even with the red yoke they would be better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.